Author Topic: Simmons Wants Trade / Not Going To Report To Camp (CBS Report)  (Read 67810 times)

Re: Simmons Wants Trade / Not Going To Report To Camp (CBS Report)
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2021, 04:40:58 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85
My Ben Simmons trade for the day is Simmons for Love, Sexton, and a pick and a pick swap. Win now mode for Sixers and the pick and swap can be put in another trade. Helps the Cavs get out of the basement. This works in the trade machine on Fanspo.

That makes a lot of sense.  Although I'm not sure about the extra pick swap.  But maybe, since that swap would probably never happen as Philly should be better than Cleveland for the next three years.

« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2021, 04:45:54 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
My Ben Simmons trade for the day is Simmons for Love, Sexton, and a pick and a pick swap. Win now mode for Sixers and the pick and swap can be put in another trade. Helps the Cavs get out of the basement. This works in the trade machine on Fanspo.

That makes a lot of sense.  Although I'm not sure about the extra pick swap.  But maybe, since that swap would probably never happen as Philly should be better than Cleveland for the next three years.
The pick swap goes to Philly cause Love is so old.

« Reply #152 on: September 07, 2021, 04:46:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Ok, here's another one that works on Fanspo: Simmons for Bam and Herro. Simmons is the new center for the Heat and Bam plays power forward for the Sixers. This is the " It's so crazy it might work" trade because I had Fanspo open too long! :o

« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2021, 05:05:45 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Idiot boy, A Sherrod Blakely, saying there's a chance for Simmons to Boston if Simmons says he wants to play with Brown and Tatum. I see no scenario where Philly moves Simmons to Boston without getting Brown back. They just won't do it.
Philly might want to reunite their successful big man duo of Embiid and Horford?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2021, 05:06:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Ok, here's another one that works on Fanspo: Simmons for Bam and Herro. Simmons is the new center for the Heat and Bam plays power forward for the Sixers. This is the " It's so crazy it might work" trade because I had Fanspo open too long! :o
I wouldn't trade Bam straight up for Simmons, let alone with another young asset.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #155 on: September 07, 2021, 05:52:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Idiot boy, A Sherrod Blakely, saying there's a chance for Simmons to Boston if Simmons says he wants to play with Brown and Tatum. I see no scenario where Philly moves Simmons to Boston without getting Brown back. They just won't do it.
Philly might want to reunite their successful big man duo of Embiid and Horford?
TP....that made me chuckle

« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2021, 06:53:41 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

They want Josh Richardson too.

« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2021, 09:44:31 PM »

Offline michigan adam

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

I'm not a huge fan of Simmons, but I might do smart and richardson for him, with no picks either way.  It would add about 5-6m to the roster salary, actually a vet min in addition I would think, but I could get behind this.

Schroeder
Brown
Tatum
Simmons
RW3

With Hortford, PP, Nesmith, Herman, Langforn, fernando, Kanter, parker, gw and 1 spot free.  Could use third PG with the last spot.

« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2021, 10:08:35 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

I'm not a huge fan of Simmons, but I might do smart and richardson for him, with no picks either way.  It would add about 5-6m to the roster salary, actually a vet min in addition I would think, but I could get behind this.

Schroeder
Brown
Tatum
Simmons
RW3

With Hortford, PP, Nesmith, Herman, Langforn, fernando, Kanter, parker, gw and 1 spot free.  Could use third PG with the last spot.

Would be hilarious if this somehow happened, but we are probably last team they would ever trade with.

« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2021, 10:57:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Schroeder
Brown
Tatum
Simmons
RW3

Would be hilarious if this somehow happened, but we are probably last team they would ever trade with.

But…but …the Ainge era is over ,   We can promise to be nice negotiators  , trade fairly , and just get along and all….ya know

;D ;D ;D ;D

Maybe they would swap Simmons for Horford ?

« Reply #160 on: September 08, 2021, 01:38:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Trading Ben Simmons is going to be hard. I can't find too many fits and then the money and players coming back is tough. The fact that the Sixers want to get better from the trade is what makes it tough. Usually, when you trade star players it's the start of a rebuild. 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:44:04 PM by liam »

« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2021, 01:43:19 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I’d give pucks and any combo of players outside the jays. It’s a big risk for sure but he only has to be the 3rd best player here and his d is even better than Marcus. Much better. There’s be no stealing of the Jays shots . Ha.

« Reply #162 on: September 08, 2021, 02:14:52 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
Trading Ben Simmons is going to be hard. I can't find too many fits and then the money and players coming back is tough. The fact that the Sixers want to get better from the trade is what makes it tough. Usually, when you trade star players it's the start of a rebuild.

Yeah I agree that it is going to be tough for Philly.  They have absolutely no leverage, Simmons salary is a lot to match, and Simmons just doesn't fit well with a lot of teams.  Even though he had a poor last playoffs and he can't / won't shoot, Philly seems to still value him as a superstar in the making as opposed to a long term-super-def-complimentary-player ala Draymond.  If they are going to unload him they should do it sooner rather than later.

« Reply #163 on: September 08, 2021, 02:16:11 PM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67

Simmons for McCollum far and away makes the most sense of any trade partner out there for Simmons. The specific deal I would propose is:

Simmons and Maxey to Portland.

McCollum, Covington, and top-5 protected picks in 2024 and 2026 to Philly.

Portland moves Powell to the 2, gets a top defender in the league to fix their D, has great guard shooting around Simmons, and potentially raises their ceiling to try a new mix around Lillard.

Philly gets an excellent guard/shooter to pair with Seth Curry in the backcourt, Covington replaces some of Simmons' defense at the forward position, and they get 2 lightly protected picks to use in future deals since they are giving up the younger, higher upside star with more years left on his deal.

« Reply #164 on: September 08, 2021, 02:18:19 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Yeah I agree that it is going to be tough for Philly.  They have absolutely no leverage, Simmons salary is a lot to match, and Simmons just doesn't fit well with a lot of teams.  Even though he had a poor last playoffs and he can't / won't shoot, Philly seems to still value him as a superstar in the making as opposed to a long term-super-def-complimentary-player ala Draymond.  If they are going to unload him they should do it sooner rather than later.

I've been running a bunch of trade ideas through Fanspo and it's really hard to match up the money and the need for Philly to get back players that are ready now.