Author Topic: Kanter Returns  (Read 11439 times)

Re: Kanter Returns
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2021, 01:09:47 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Really - this is exactly what Brad was holding out for.  Some veteran fillers with some skill to fill out the roster without losing cap flexibility for next year.  I really don't see how signing Kanter at low $$ for a year is a bad move given the big picture.  Pull off a couple more of these with the remainder of the MLE and a minimum salary and C's bench could be significantly better than last year. 

I think there's only 3M left for the MLE so I expect no chance for Milsap, but I'd like him.  Also -- what do people think about JJ Reddick - done or can still provide some sharpshooting?

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2021, 01:13:32 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
A rotation of Horford/Kanter/Timelord is pretty solid. Now we need a good power forward and a good PG. Maybe the TT deal solves one of that or even both. Is Fernando a center? Because if he is then the Kanter signing might mean he’s no longer coming over?
At first thought, I was in total agreement with this statement, but then I thought about it and the power forward is a must, but the point guard may not be the most pressing position.  I think a knockdown shooter may be more important than a point guard.  I think if we can surround Smart, Dunn and PP with enough shooting and offense, we will be fine.  We also have Horford in the middle, who is much better at facilitating the offense than anyone that was on the team last year.
I do not think they plan on keeping Dunn.
That's what has been said, but what are they flipping Dunn for?  Right now, he is the best "pure" PG they have.
I would not associate pure point guard and Kris Dunn in the same sentence. He is not a pure pg. he’s probably moved to another team for cap space. Same for Bruno Fernando.

« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2021, 01:14:04 PM »

Offline rogueandpoet

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Well we did need another big. I'm concerned that this concept of positionless basketball and reliance on wings still plagues this roster. Brown, Langford, Nesmith and Rob all shine in transition. A point guard that pushes the ball up would be valuable. Another big who could run the court would work too.

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2021, 01:23:07 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Good locker room guy, I like it.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2021, 01:23:41 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
We gave up Bane to get rid of Kanter and now we bring him back minus Bane.

« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2021, 01:24:08 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Hopefully this means we can dump Bruno Fernando and open up another roster spot. No need to keep him now that Kanter is here.

« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2021, 01:27:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Your mancrush on Bane is getting out of hand lol

Btw Bane and Tillman both had solid summer league debut yesterday

« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2021, 01:29:32 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Ouch. That hurts.

« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2021, 01:41:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Adam Himmelsbach: According to a league source, Kanter’s deal is for 1 year, $2.7 million

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2021, 01:51:52 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Adam Himmelsbach: According to a league source, Kanter’s deal is for 1 year, $2.7 million

That seems... odd. The minimum salary for a 10+ year vet is $2.64 million, I can't imagine we used up almost half of our MLE just to give Kanter an extra $100k.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2021, 01:56:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

That seems... odd. The minimum salary for a 10+ year vet is $2.64 million, I can't imagine we used up almost half of our MLE just to give Kanter an extra $100k.

Brian Robb and Mark Murphy are now reporting it’s the vet minimum.

Mark Murphy
Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 1 hour ago
Hearing that Kanter will be signing a minimum deal, and that "that there are still three or four balls still in the air," though nothing major.
reply retweet like
Brian Robb
Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 1 hour ago
A league source tells MassLive that Enes Kanter will be signing for veteran's minimum. More details: masslive.com/celtics/2021/0…

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2021, 02:03:06 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Brian Robb @BrianTRobb about 6 minutes ago Brad Stevens said heading into free agency he wanted players that fit best around Tatum/Brown Worth noting Tatum/Brown/Kanter lineups had +9.9 net rating over 283 minutes during 2019-20 season.

« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2021, 02:05:18 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

Brian Robb and Mark Murphy are now reporting it’s the vet minimum.

Mark Murphy
Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 1 hour ago
Hearing that Kanter will be signing a minimum deal, and that "that there are still three or four balls still in the air," though nothing major.
reply retweet like
Brian Robb
Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 1 hour ago
A league source tells MassLive that Enes Kanter will be signing for veteran's minimum. More details: masslive.com/celtics/2021/0…
Although the player may make more, I think Vet min only counts as a 2 yr vet min against the cap.

« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2021, 02:18:44 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Your mancrush on Bane is getting out of hand lol

Btw Bane and Tillman both had solid summer league debut yesterday

Getting? How do you think I feel?

:o

« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2021, 02:25:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hopefully this means we can dump Bruno Fernando and open up another roster spot. No need to keep him now that Kanter is here.

naw

TL and Horford can become injured/maintenance days at any time

You can't just have Kanter do all the heavy lifting

having Fernando for depth is fine