Author Topic: Centre options for the Celtics  (Read 3431 times)

Re: Centre options for the Celtics
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2021, 01:01:20 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
We have three centers. Why would we target a fourth?
Al is old & not a true center, TimeLord can’t stay healthy & overrated, Bruno is a D-leaguer

Al is old, but is absolutely a center.

And Time Lord underrated not overrated.

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2021, 01:10:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We should have taken Plumlee into our TPE (and gotten a future first), and then resigned Fournier. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2021, 02:22:44 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I'd be into the idea of taking a flyer on Gorgui Dieng or Harry Giles on as little money as possible if there are no other moves made.

With Timelord and Horford, we're talking about a third center but with their respective injury history and age, that third big might be important.

I also think Kornet can improve and fill and important role as a huge body who can actually do some stuff.

Gorgui Dieng is actually a good player. Perhaps flying under the radar. If we could sign him to the minimum then that would be great. He can legitimately stretch the floor.

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2021, 03:36:17 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Grant does well enough against faster 5’s like Bam. Obviously there’s a massive gap between them but Grant does a pretty decent job for someone who doesn’t have starter talent.

Horrible, any way you twist it.  Are you related to him?   JK  He is really situational, can rebound or rim protect either.  Offensively, he can shoot the three and pass some, but his post offense is a block waiting to happen.

You’d rather have Noel than Rob Williams as our center?

I would not but Nerlens is cheap

I would love to get Boucher!

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2021, 01:09:30 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I'd be into the idea of taking a flyer on Gorgui Dieng or Harry Giles on as little money as possible if there are no other moves made.

With Timelord and Horford, we're talking about a third center but with their respective injury history and age, that third big might be important.

I also think Kornet can improve and fill and important role as a huge body who can actually do some stuff.

Gorgui Dieng is actually a good player. Perhaps flying under the radar. If we could sign him to the minimum then that would be great. He can legitimately stretch the floor.
Yeah, I like Dieng. I have no idea what his market is but I've heard that there are a bunch of teams trying to offload centers they overpaid last summer so maybe the general feeling is against paying bigs right now and he could be had for cheap.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008