Author Topic: Shams: Celtics acquire Josh Richardson for Moses Brown  (Read 15030 times)

Re: Shams: Celtics acquire Josh Richardson
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2021, 08:34:42 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Trader Brad is just reshaping this roster.
He's definitely been proactive! Clearly had different views on the roster to Ainge

He's collecting expiring deals.

Yep. Big three, here we come.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2021, 08:34:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
is Richardson good enough to start?

Smart / Richardson / Brown / Tatum / Al?

Yes, I think so.

I was shocked at how badly things went for Richardson in Dallas. He did not do well playing off the ball next to Luka. Played better in Philly and better again in Miami when he was allowed more time on the ball. He could get that on this Celtics team.

Richardson was really good in Miami.

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2021, 08:36:08 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
My head is spinning. Like Richardson but we didn't’ need another wing.
Yes we do. We have no reliable contributors on the wing off the bench heading into next season.

Nesmith is a rook who is still finding his feet in the league who may or may not be ready to play 15-20mpg next season.

Langford is an offensive trainwreck whose inability to provide anything of value on that end of the floor is killing all his good defensive work and shown no capacity to be relied on for anything more than a 3rd stringer to date.

This team desperately needed a veteran wing player who can be depended on for solid minutes. Josh Richardson is that player. He defends, he can handle the ball, he can pass, he can shoot (okay-ish), he can create his own shot. He is a well rounded role player. He is a big improvement for this team's bench.

At this point, wouldn't Richardson be starting?  Smart / Richardson / Brown / Tatum / Horford?

Yeah, I had not thought of him starting until I read that Fournier stuff. Richardson would be great in that role.

Also, even if Fournier comes back, I like Josh Richardson as the starter over Fournier with Fournier off the bench in a 6th man role. Let Richardson start and take the tougher defensive assignments. Then have Fournier come in and keep the offense going while one of Jaylen / Tatum rests. Keep 2 of those 3 scorers on the floor as much as possible. Better team balance.

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2021, 08:37:59 PM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
Trader Brad is just reshaping this roster.
He's definitely been proactive! Clearly had different views on the roster to Ainge

He's collecting expiring deals.

Yep. Big three, here we come.

So now all people who said we had to overpay Evan and make room for FA was stupid to think are upset, I guess ?

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2021, 08:41:59 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
maybe this is still a work in progress, but so far yeah the def got a lot better but...
and we are going to struggle to score the ball next year unless one of Nesmith / Langford / PP makes a leap.

smart - below average shooter
richardson - below average shooter
dunn - below average shooter

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2021, 08:47:18 PM »

Offline BruceBanner18

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Conspiracy theory: Tying all the rumors together.

Richardson goes to NOP for Lonzo

Dunn plus pick to cap space team (the rumor he's on the move is bc Lonzo is a byc player so need a third team to absorb outgoing salary from Cs to make the $$$ work)

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2021, 08:47:26 PM »

Online PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
maybe this is still a work in progress, but so far yeah the def got a lot better but...
and we are going to struggle to score the ball next year unless one of Nesmith / Langford / PP makes a leap.

smart - below average shooter
richardson - below average shooter
dunn - below average shooter
I have simile fear unless they get some scoring wing help. Feels like there are other shoes to drop though in FA so who knows at this point.

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2021, 08:48:28 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson

Dunn plus pick to cap space team (the rumor he's on the move is bc Lonzo is a byc player so need a third team to absorb outgoing salary from Cs to make the $$$ work)

i like that conspiracy theory!

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2021, 08:54:32 PM »

Offline michigan adam

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Also do not forget about the EF S&T possibilities.  We could get enough trade $ for several big trade options now...Especially if they happen quickly and can be merged into these trades.

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2021, 08:55:09 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

i like that conspiracy theory!

Me too
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2021, 08:58:41 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Love this. Always been a big fan of Richardson. I'm hoping to see him start alongside Smart, Brown, Tatum, and Timelord/Horford, with Dunn, Nesmith, FA, Parker, and Timelord/Horford off the bench. That's a super-switchy, elite-level defensive team with offensive potential, too. Would like to see another sharp-shooting guard/wing added, but I like the makeup of this team much more than last year's team.

Would've rather tried to get Nance with that TPE, but it seems clear that Brad is doing what he can to have a clean slate for next summer for us to be big players for free agency (e.g. Beal, Kawhi, etc.).

Have to say - I'm loving GM Brad. His clear focus on defense, versatility, and character/grinders to team building is refreshing after last season's team.

EDIT: If this somehow also led to a Lonzo deal, too, I'm also happy for that. He seems to be an excellent third to the Jays and fits their timeline perfectly, as well as being a pretty good fit with them.

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2021, 09:00:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Love this. Always been a big fan of Richardson. I'm hoping to see him start alongside Smart, Brown, Tatum, and Timelord/Horford, with Dunn, Nesmith, FA, Parker, and Timelord/Horford off the bench. That's a super-switchy, elite-level defensive team with offensive potential, too. Would like to see another sharp-shooting guard/wing added, but I like the makeup of this team much more than last year's team.

Would've rather tried to get Nance with that TPE, but it seems clear that Brad is doing what he can to have a clean slate for next summer for us to be big players for free agency (e.g. Beal, Kawhi, etc.).

Have to say - I'm loving GM Brad. His clear focus on defense, versatility, and character/grinders to team building is refreshing after last season's team.

How much is the Thompson TPE?

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2021, 09:02:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

EDIT: If this somehow also led to a Lonzo deal, too, I'm also happy for that. He seems to be an excellent third to the Jays and fits their timeline perfectly, as well as being a pretty good fit with them.
The Thompson TPE ($9.2m) could be enough to bring in a significant bench piece if we want to go that route. Also have the MLE
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2021, 09:04:37 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

How much is the Thompson TPE?

$9.2. This transaction would be using the remaining Hayward TPE however, which would expire soon. They can keep the TT TPE for another year.

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2021, 09:04:53 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson

I am glad to see you are positive about Richardson!  haha.  I am less excited, but I like the size and switchibility of a Smart-Richardson-Jaylen-Tatum-Al (timelord) lineup.  We got bigger, which was good, remove Kemba at 6'1 and insert Richardson at 6'5".