Author Topic: Trade with Orlando ?  (Read 1999 times)

Trade with Orlando ?
« on: July 30, 2021, 02:48:46 PM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
I think like many Orlando are winners of this draft in term of potential. Would give an A- to them. But now with Suggs and Cole they have a clear hierarchy at the PG spot. They also probably continue to try to reach potential very young guy.

So maybe we could buy low Fultz with this context and injuries...

What about : Thompson + Langford + Grant for Fultz ? Or if we want to keep Langford : Thompson + Grant + Edwards  + 2022 1st ?

If we reach 2022 FA I wouldn't do it but if it is 2023 FA then it could make sense... And in the 2022 xe probably won't find Beal finally in seeing Wizzards move, he will be gone before...

Re: Trade with Orlando ?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 02:55:19 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
I actually don't think this is buying low on Fultz. I think Orlando was able to do that.

I like Fultz as a pickup off the scrap heap, but I'm not sure I want to trade Langford for him.

Can Fultz be a good NBA player? Sure.

Why should we have more confidence in him than Langford, another top HS basketball player?

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 03:21:05 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Fultz is grossly overpaid and has yet to show the capacity that is anything more than average to below average backup PG in the NBA. His shooting is still far too limited to play a larger role than this and it is questionable how much he could play on any team that has playoff hopes due to his poor shooting.

So that is no for me. Not a fan.

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 03:33:11 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
We are in no position to risk tying up over $16M in salary on a player who is injured and may not even be any good.  I feel bad for the guy but he is not problem I want to take on.

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 03:36:48 PM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
Fultz is grossly overpaid and has yet to show the capacity that is anything more than average to below average backup PG in the NBA. His shooting is still far too limited to play a larger role than this and it is questionable how much he could play on any team that has playoff hopes due to his poor shooting.

So that is no for me. Not a fan.

I agree his progress and even health are very questionable. The fact that I would agree to pay Fultz 16M and not Fournier 20M may look stupid. But we lack a PG who can penetrate, P/R, breach the defense and score to the Basket or pass. He is only 2M guarented in 2023. So we could even cut him if a 2Y tryout don t work. At this time we still due 40 to 45 M to a 32 Fournier. His scoring and efficiency looked in progress. But it us true that coming back to Boston could be hard pressure. I don't know. We need à PG on my mind even more than a stŕetch 4. Maybe it isn't a good idea
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 03:43:17 PM by Rikibellevie »

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 03:45:34 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
We are in no position to risk tying up over $16M in salary on a player who is injured and may not even be any good.  I feel bad for the guy but he is not problem I want to take on.

Bingo.  I would rather Sign and Trade for Ball and be hard capped than trade for Fultz.

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 03:48:34 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I realize he's probably not available, but I definitely prefer Isaac, as he still has tons of untapped potential.

It could be a mistake, but I probably pass on Fultz for now. He probably slots in as SG in ORL anyway, though.

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 03:51:12 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Call me a homer, but I prefer Langford to Fultz.

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2021, 04:10:12 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

Certainly healthy (for now) Langford at $4M over injured Fultz at $16M.  Langford has had his share of injuries but at least is not injured at the current time.  If you are saying straight up, you prefer Langford's talent, Fultz has done a little more than Langford, but not a lot.  I do feel Langford is only going to bet better, Fultz is a risk to melt down at almost any time.

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2021, 04:30:19 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Certainly healthy (for now) Langford at $4M over injured Fultz at $16M.  Langford has had his share of injuries but at least is not injured at the current time.  If you are saying straight up, you prefer Langford's talent, Fultz has done a little more than Langford, but not a lot.  I do feel Langford is only going to bet better, Fultz is a risk to melt down at almost any time.

Fultz is making starter money and he hasn't shown much of anything.

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2021, 04:41:42 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I'm not sure what the trade would look like but with Orlando having Suggs, Fultz, Anthony, Harris, and Hampton I could see them moving Fultz to the Wizards. The Wizards look to be very thin at PG following the Russ trade and Fultz could be a worth while gamble.

The Wizards  reported desire for cap flexibility might eliminate this option.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2021, 05:14:03 PM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
Fultz did a promising gap 2 season from now. 12/5,5/3 at 44÷ isn't exactly bad for a 21 Y guy. I know Langford is defensively far better but at 22 he is only 3/0,5/2...

I don't say it is a good idea but many may overestimate Langford potential. For me he prooved only défense abilities.

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2021, 05:16:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

No thanks, the price is low for a reason on Fultz.  Ever notice how something is just wrong with Fultz and Ben Simmons ?   They could not even lead their respective colleges to winning records for the times they played there.  That should speak volumes about their heart, lack of will to win and mental toughness.  Hint they lack it.

So this is a very easy pass.

I don't say it is a good idea but many may overestimate Langford potential. For me he prooved only défense abilities.

And your overestimating Fultz's heart, commitment and will to win.

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2021, 06:00:24 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 208

No thanks, the price is low for a reason on Fultz.  Ever notice how something is just wrong with Fultz and Ben Simmons ?   They could not even lead their respective colleges to winning records for the times they played there.  That should speak volumes about their heart, lack of will to win and mental toughness.  Hint they lack it.

So this is a very easy pass.

And your overestimating Fultz's heart, commitment and will to win.
The price in trade capital to get him may be low but the price in dollars to have him on our roster is high.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2021, 07:05:39 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Fultz is really just too injury-prone for his contract
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)