Author Topic: Thoughts on Ben Simmons to the Warriors?  (Read 3306 times)

Re: Thoughts on Ben Simmons to the Warriors?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2021, 09:43:43 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

You can make the argument that Philly with Wiggins over Simmoms is absolutely an upgrade from Simmons who doesn't shoot three pointers like ever.

He was  also scared to go to the rim because he's afraid of free throws. The 76ers don't have the leverage that they believe they do.

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2021, 09:47:38 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
If I were the Warriors I don't think I'd trade Green straight up for Simmons...

That's a ridiculous comment.  This is your ultimate buy low moment.  Even if Ben never gets any better age alone is a reason to make the trade.  Let alone the crazy unrealized talent ben has.

I didn't say Green is a better player than Simmons....just saying if I were the Warriors I wouldn't give up the defense (Ben is a great defender...but as tough as Green?) and chemistry for Ben Simmons at this point.  They're trying to get back to the finals...I think they'd become sort of mess with that big of a move...

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2021, 09:54:17 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
Yikes! I came here to unwind after a long day and thought I missed a bombshell trade! Simmons to the Warriors!

I quickly clicked only to find its silly season speculation. Why are we even discussing making other teams better? Oh yes, nuthin’ better to do.

Here’s my silly season proposal then:
Simmons and the 28th pick for Green and Curry.

Warriors get 3 first round picks to build around Simmons.
Simmons gets to lead a team.
Green gets shipped out so he doesn’t block Simmons’ game. Philly gets to see if he can play the role Horford failed at next to Embiid.
Curry gets to play with his brother and maybe win another ring. 

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2021, 09:59:35 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

That's a ridiculous comment.  This is your ultimate buy low moment.  Even if Ben never gets any better age alone is a reason to make the trade.  Let alone the crazy unrealized talent ben has.

I didn't say Green is a better player than Simmons....just saying if I were the Warriors I wouldn't give up the defense (Ben is a great defender...but as tough as Green?) and chemistry for Ben Simmons at this point.  They're trying to get back to the finals...I think they'd become sort of mess with that big of a move...

Fair enough Wiley. My theory is Steph is 33 yikes!

Draymond 31, and Klay 31 coming off a serious knee injury. Inject 24 year old Simmons with a big chip on his shoulder,  on the run and gun high scoring warriors and you might have a winner.

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2021, 10:06:56 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Yikes! I came here to unwind after a long day and thought I missed a bombshell trade! Simmons to the Warriors!

I quickly clicked only to find its silly season speculation. Why are we even discussing making other teams better? Oh yes, nuthin’ better to do.

Here’s my silly season proposal then:
Simmons and the 28th pick for Green and Curry.

Warriors get 3 first round picks to build around Simmons.
Simmons gets to lead a team.
Green gets shipped out so he doesn’t block Simmons’ game. Philly gets to see if he can play the role Horford failed at next to Embiid.
Curry gets to play with his brother and maybe win another ring.

And come on bro this is just bat poop 💩 crazy. I'll give you a tp just for being nuts.  Curry is the franchise.  No chance.

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2021, 10:57:29 PM »

Offline ausbacker

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39

Draymond 31, and Klay 31 coming off a serious knee injury. Inject 24 year old Simmons with a big chip on his shoulder,  on the run and gun high scoring warriors and you might have a winner.

Big chip on his shoulder? Does Simmons strike you as someone truly invested in basketball or a something talent more interested in the notoriety of fame, fortune and lifestyle?

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2021, 11:24:41 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Big chip on his shoulder? Does Simmons strike you as someone truly invested in basketball or a something talent more interested in the notoriety of fame, fortune and lifestyle?

Hes a punk, however I feel like the Warriors is a perfect fit for Big Ben..I actually think he would flourish with Curry and Klay

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2021, 11:39:51 PM »

Offline ausbacker

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39

Hes a punk, however I feel like the Warriors is a perfect fit for Big Ben..I actually think he would flourish with Curry and Klay

My personal feeling is he's more a PF who can pass (I'd be playing him inside out) rather than a tall PG so it's not outside the realm of possibility that it could work it's more I question his desire to be great.

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2021, 11:55:38 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

My personal feeling is he's more a PF who can pass (I'd be playing him inside out) rather than a tall PG so it's not outside the realm of possibility that it could work it's more I question his desire to be great.

.I agree. Dude is huge, is a very good athlete,  can rebound defend,  switch,  sounds like a great fit at PF. Ben needs direction. If he's not gonna listen to steph, Klay,  Dray, and Steve Kerr than he's got no hope.

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2021, 04:53:19 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Based on the asking price below, the Sixers clearly aren't trying to trade Simmons.  They must be hoping to find a GM who was on a desert island or in a coma during the playoffs. 

The Golden State Warriors basically assumed the 76ers’ offer was a joke.

The Sixers asked for Andrew Wiggins, James Wiseman, the Nos. 7 and 14 picks in tonight’s NBA draft along with two future first-rounders in exchange for Ben Simmons, according to multiple sources. The Warriors quickly turned down the offer.

This comes after a source confirmed The Ringer report that the Sixers asked the San Antonio Spurs for four first-round picks, three first-round pick swaps, and a young player in exchange for Simmons.

According to the Action Network, the Toronto Raptors rejected the Sixers’ asking price of Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, OG Anunoby, and the fourth pick in tonight’s draft for a package that included Simmons.

https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/76ers-ben-simmons-trade-offer-warriors-nba-draft-20210729.html?utm_source=t.co&utm_campaign=edit_social_share_twitter_traffic&utm_medium=social&utm_content=&utm_term=&int_promo=

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2021, 07:30:50 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Simmons has no passion like KG or Kobe for basketball .  I ve never seen him play like the game actually meant something more than a few plays at a time. it’s like he is getting a huge paycheck , I’ll just coast and lay low and enjoy the fame.   Huge waste and letdown.

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2021, 07:53:58 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Based on the asking price below, the Sixers clearly aren't trying to trade Simmons.  They must be hoping to find a GM who was on a desert island or in a coma during the playoffs. 

The Golden State Warriors basically assumed the 76ers’ offer was a joke.

The Sixers asked for Andrew Wiggins, James Wiseman, the Nos. 7 and 14 picks in tonight’s NBA draft along with two future first-rounders in exchange for Ben Simmons, according to multiple sources. The Warriors quickly turned down the offer.

This comes after a source confirmed The Ringer report that the Sixers asked the San Antonio Spurs for four first-round picks, three first-round pick swaps, and a young player in exchange for Simmons.

According to the Action Network, the Toronto Raptors rejected the Sixers’ asking price of Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, OG Anunoby, and the fourth pick in tonight’s draft for a package that included Simmons.

https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/76ers-ben-simmons-trade-offer-warriors-nba-draft-20210729.html?utm_source=t.co&utm_campaign=edit_social_share_twitter_traffic&utm_medium=social&utm_content=&utm_term=&int_promo=
Those Sixers offers absolutely hilarious!  Don't they read CelticsStrong?  Geez...