Author Topic: NBA trade rumors/FA signings 2021  (Read 179351 times)

Re: NBA trade rumors/FA signings 2021
« Reply #975 on: August 05, 2021, 02:20:25 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
The Celtics have had conversations with free agent Dennis Schroder, per @JakeLFischer

« Reply #976 on: August 05, 2021, 02:22:53 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
The Celtics have had conversations with free agent Dennis Schroder, per @JakeLFischer

LOL Conversations.

« Reply #977 on: August 05, 2021, 02:24:17 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

Ugh. Yuck.

A PG who doesn't pass, doesn't run the team. Doesn't do anything except look after himself.

« Reply #978 on: August 05, 2021, 02:25:37 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

LOL Conversations.

“Hi, Dennis.  How would you like to join the Celtics for one year at the minimum?”

“Lol.”  Click.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #979 on: August 05, 2021, 02:25:57 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103

guy always seemed to kill us, that mostly what i remember

now he's motivated

i'd take a 1 year flyer

« Reply #980 on: August 05, 2021, 02:26:43 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Ugh. Yuck.

A PG who doesn't pass, doesn't run the team. Doesn't do anything except look after himself.
He does do something. He gets under Kryrie's skin.

« Reply #981 on: August 05, 2021, 02:32:53 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

LOL Conversations.

I also hear we have "Interest" from one of my "Sources"!

8)

« Reply #982 on: August 05, 2021, 02:35:55 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

guy always seemed to kill us, that mostly what i remember

now he's motivated

i'd take a 1 year flyer

We have the MLE.  He may get offered a real contract, he may not.  If he does decide to play on a one year, make good type deal, the Celtics would be decent option.  Especially if there is some plan to trade Marcus Smart as has been reported.  I am sure that is all the conversation entailed.  Nothing wrong with that.  Schroder is likely still thinking he will get offered a real contract so I doubt anything comes of this anytime soon but no harm in having the conversation.

« Reply #983 on: August 05, 2021, 02:46:12 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
We are probably his best option left at this point if he wants to up his value for next FA. We are a playoff team that he could realistically start for and we can offer more than the minimum.

I would have preferred going after Oladipo (who just signed for the minimum with MIA), but Schroder is a decent option. And if he balls out and becomes an All-Star, well, we can actually re-sign him in the offseason with our cap space.

« Reply #984 on: August 05, 2021, 03:17:39 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
LOL Conversations.

“Hi, Dennis.  How would you like to join the Celtics for one year at the minimum?”

“Lol.”  Click.
He needs to fire his agent. Can’t believe he turned down 84 mil.

« Reply #985 on: August 05, 2021, 03:19:10 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
We are probably his best option left at this point if he wants to up his value for next FA. We are a playoff team that he could realistically start for and we can offer more than the minimum.

I would have preferred going after Oladipo (who just signed for the minimum with MIA), but Schroder is a decent option. And if he balls out and becomes an All-Star, well, we can actually re-sign him in the offseason with our cap space.
I think I read that Oladipo is goi got miss a chunk on next season as he isn’t coming back until he’s 100%.

« Reply #986 on: August 05, 2021, 03:25:23 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

I think I read that Oladipo is goi got miss a chunk on next season as he isn’t coming back until he’s 100%.

Yeah, Oladipo signed a 1-year rehab deal, and Miami will have his full Bird rights next summer if he’s healthy, rather than going to someone with non-Bird rights on a one-year deal for a little more.

« Reply #987 on: August 05, 2021, 04:32:00 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

LOL Conversations.

Yeah, Celtics are very good at conversations and scouting. They scouted Giannis and are always in conversations. Actually doing deals is another conversation which is where they like to be - ‘in conversation’.

« Reply #988 on: August 05, 2021, 04:44:53 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

LOL Conversations.

Yeah, Celtics are very good at conversations and scouting. They scouted Giannis and are always in conversations. Actually doing deals is another conversation which is where they like to be - ‘in conversation’.

They also excel at being interested.

« Reply #989 on: August 05, 2021, 04:51:06 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Ugh. Yuck.

He does do something. He gets under Kryrie's skin.

One year 80 million just for that.