Author Topic: Celtics (1-3) at Nets (3-1) Round 1 Game 5 6/1/21  (Read 48193 times)

Re: Celtics (1-3) at Nets (3-1) Round 1 Game 5 6/1/21
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2021, 10:02:46 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Would more than anything like us to make this a physical unpleasant affair for the Brooklyn stars. Giving everything will be a foul, make them feel it!

Celtics need to put these Brooklyn stars on their ass a couple of times early, especially Irving. I couldn't care less about flagrant fouls. I would love to see it, but given the current soft nature of the entire franchise, I am not expecting much. Wouldn't it be great to see Tatum take Kyrie down on a drive to the basket ?
It's the reason I keep harping on about how we should add Jonas Valanciunas. One of the toughest players in the comp and doesn't back down from anybody. Would toughen this team up a lot
Would prefer Plumlee tbh.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2021, 01:36:33 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
So Kemba played half the season to be ready for the playoffs and now he can't go....

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2021, 02:14:51 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
So Kemba played half the season to be ready for the playoffs and now he can't go....

This is good news. If he tries to play and is injured further, it will be that much more difficult to move him, which needs to be plan A, B and C this off-season.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2021, 02:31:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah that's the really frustrating part. They basically load managed him all season and also put some minutes restrictions on him when he did play. Yet come playoff time after just 3 games he's suddenly hurt again and can't play.

Anyways I don't think it matters as frankly I think BKN will blow out the C's tonight so just shut Kemba and others like Timelord down now.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2021, 02:34:29 PM »

Online BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I stepped in something outside. What is Kyrie’s address?😎

Lets show some pride tonight and force them back to Boston for  game 6!

We need Ultra Alpha Tatum and a strong supporting effort.

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2021, 02:34:59 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Yeah that's the really frustrating part. They basically load managed him all season and also put some minutes restrictions on him when he did play. Yet come playoff time after just 3 games he's suddenly hurt again and can't play.

Anyways I don't think it matters as frankly I think BKN will blow out the C's tonight so just shut Kemba and others like Timelord down now.

It's frustrating because we might've gotten a higher seed in the playoffs and wouldn't be facing the Nets until later.

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2021, 02:50:09 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

It's frustrating because we might've gotten a higher seed in the playoffs and wouldn't be facing the Nets until later.
we'd still have to face them in all likelihood.  whether it's now or later makes little difference.

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2021, 04:38:44 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Wouldn't matter. This team would've still crapped the bed against the Bucks, 76ers or some middling team like the Hawks

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2021, 04:41:15 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
They've got no chance but they must look willing! Go down in a blaze of glory.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2021, 04:45:15 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
They've got no chance but they must look willing! Go down in a blaze of glory.

I completely agree. Look at Memphis. They lose but they are trying and giving hope (and earning respect) for next and future seasons.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2021, 05:50:56 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
thanks flc for the game thread. these are so much work, but i can tell they are labors of love. you are such a great fan and everyone here at CS thanks you.

i can only give one TP every half hour, but rest assure i will be providing you with oodles and boodles of tps.  ;D

next.....

the celtics will stomp the living daylights out of the nasty nets. the celtics will beat them like rented mules. the celtics will win this game!!!

i have faith. i believe. i enjoy being a celtics fan. i enjoy life.  ;D

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...whew...oooooooooooooooooooo celtics!!  ;D

heck, why wait? i will give tps to everyone throughout this thread.
TP for always giving me a smile.   Thank you for your kind words.  These threads are a labor of love and I do love the Celtics and Celtics fans!  I'm hoping for them to win this one and bring it back to Boston.  But, win or lose.  I love the Celtics!!!  I have for over 50 years and will for as long as God gives me on his Celtics Green earth!! 

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2021, 06:01:14 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
thanks flc for the game thread. these are so much work, but i can tell they are labors of love. you are such a great fan and everyone here at CS thanks you.

i can only give one TP every half hour, but rest assure i will be providing you with oodles and boodles of tps.  ;D

next.....

the celtics will stomp the living daylights out of the nasty nets. the celtics will beat them like rented mules. the celtics will win this game!!!

i have faith. i believe. i enjoy being a celtics fan. i enjoy life.  ;D

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...whew...oooooooooooooooooooo celtics!!  ;D

heck, why wait? i will give tps to everyone throughout this thread.
TP for always giving me a smile.   Thank you for your kind words.  These threads are a labor of love and I do love the Celtics and Celtics fans!  I'm hoping for them to win this one and bring it back to Boston.  But, win or lose.  I love the Celtics!!!  I have for over 50 years and will for as long as God gives me on his Celtics Green earth!!

You are the rock of this site! Thanks for all you do!

TP

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2021, 06:22:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Tatum tonight

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2021, 06:25:33 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Tatum tonight

Doesn't Jon Snow win that battle?  ;D

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2021, 06:33:16 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Time to move on from Kemba. If you can’t stay healthy for the playoffs even after all the management during the season, then you’ll never stay healthy.

Let’s go all-in and use Kemba (salary filler), a buttload of picks, and one or two of our promising youngsters to go get a KAT or Beal type. Tired of the treadmill team.