Author Topic: Celtics (1-0) at Nuggets (0-1) Summer League Game #2 8/10/21  (Read 18711 times)

Re: Celtics (1-0) at Nuggets (0-1) Summer League Game #2 8/10/21
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2021, 09:14:23 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Nesmith Pritchard so far are the first two "shooters" drafted by Ainge since 2008 who are on the roster and actually hitting shots!

« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2021, 09:39:02 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I am still worried about PP's finishing at the rim, he also lacks burst. His passing was sharper today as I said he has the vision just needs better pass control.

Yam needs to learn to let the shot go. He got blocked twice trying to hang in the air and picked too because he hesitated. Think a few times he was looking more to pass. Guy seriously needs more strength.

Nesmith looks decent was good to see him do well. His defense was off and on.

Feel bad for Edwards and Romeo they look like g-league players. Edwards would be great overseas where he would be a high usage player. He feels like a volume scorer type. Langford could be a NBA player if he had more skill beyond defense.

Don't like Hauser so far.

Bruno was okay.

Begar could be a good player in two years.

« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2021, 09:43:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I am still worried about PP's finishing at the rim, he also lacks burst. His passing was sharper today as I said he has the vision just needs better pass control.

Yam needs to learn to let the shot go. He got blocked twice trying to hang in the air and picked too because he hesitated. Think a few times he was looking more to pass. Guy seriously needs more strength.

Feel bad for Edwards and Romeo they look like g-league players. Edwards would be great overseas where he would be a high usage player. He feels like a volume scorer type. Langford could be a NBA player if he had more skill beyond defense.

Bruno was okay.

Do you mean vertically? Because his ability to change speed is elite
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2021, 10:04:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Man that tension between Abby and Scal… never understood the deal with them…

Scal is a jerk!
thought they finally got past that nonsense by the end of last season.  would cut Scal loose if choosing between the 2

« Reply #139 on: August 11, 2021, 06:52:14 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Bruno was okay.

Do you mean vertically? Because his ability to change speed is elite
I mean top speed. So far on breaks and in the half court he gets a step because he is quick but then the defenders close the gap quickly. He doesn't have elite speed which leads to him relying on contact spacing. It's hard to play the game as a pg if you can't beat guys all the way to the rim. He has plenty of great qualities just didn't see anyone posting concerns about it.

« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2021, 07:49:08 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
I think Romeo will bounce around the league for years..hopefully I’m wrong
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2021, 07:55:23 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Haven't been able to watch.  Anybody got a quick recap for me?  Loving what I see from the box score for Pritchard and Nesmith.
1) Pritchard has played an amazing all-round game. Passing, not making mistakes on either end, hitting shots, controlling the pace. He's been dominant.

2) Nesmith has hit everything he's looked at. Most promising of all is that he's taking shots off the dribble, attacking over-aggressive closeouts and cutting off the ball.

3) Fernando looks to have legit NBA athleticism. Runs the rims, chases rebounds. No world beater, but hustles.

4) Edwards has done okay. He's doing non-scoring things well, 8 boards and 5 assists with only one turnover.

5) Langford wasn't great, but threw down a monster dunk. Playing his usual defence.

6) Zach Auguste is utter rubbish. Dedric Lawson is better than him.

7) Yam needs another season away from the NBA.

8) Hauser wasn't hitting his shots, but he got a couple of steals and rebounds well.

9) Begarinn is raw, but is a genuine NBA calibre athlete.
just finished watching the game on delay.  spot on with all these observations.

I'll add, after hearing the Yam praise after game one, I was a bit disappointed in this performance.   Was disappointed in Romeo until he made those FTs and then he seemed to have some life. 

Like what Pritchard and Nesmith did.  looking like they can be real contributors off the bench this season.

Expecting Fernando to be a stiff but he's very mobile.  he's not core rotation level but he doesn't look like someone to be tossed away in a deal for nothing.

Yam and Begarinn looked like they need to play elsewhere this year but might be end of roster caliber next season.
Also just finished watching the youtube "made shots" highlights. 

Really happy for Nesmith; he looks like a solid rotation player.  However, his lack of lateral quickness on defense has to be fixed.

Pleased to see a mobile and energetic Fernando out there for the first time.  Certainly has an NBA body.

I've come down to earth on Yam.  He has a high BBIQ but needs more muscle.

We can't have 2 undersized PGs (Carson and Pritchard) backing up Schroder.  Though I wasn't particularly in favor of getting Schroder, I think this really makes Carson expendable.