Author Topic: Nets (2-1) at Celtics (1-2) Round 1 Game 4 5/30/21  (Read 52861 times)

Re: Nets (2-1) at Celtics (1-2) Round 1 Game 4 5/30/21
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2021, 06:20:56 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Kemba now doubtful for Game 4.

Kemba is a good guy, but he's got to go this summer. All that sitting out during the season leading to a lower seed, and he still can't even stay healthy for the playoffs. Just a frustrating tenure with the Celtics.

Granted - how he played on Friday this may be a good sign for us.
Addition by subtraction in the short-term, he was shocking last game. A starting lineup of Smart-Langford-Fournier-Tatum-Thompson suits me

Now I agree.

Now officially out. Frustrating. But it should improve the defense and give them less of a guy to pick on offensively.

Timelord is also out, though that was expected.

Is waters getting the start?

He better not be. Should go with Smart, Fournier, Semi, Tatum, Thompson. Need size in there.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2021, 06:21:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2021, 06:21:46 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Anyone saying the cs are better without Kemba is crazy.  Without Kemba the nets don't have to worry about ANYONE else tonight.  Kemba at least made the nets aware of him opening up lanes and shots for Tatum.  The only way the cs win tonight is if Tatum channels his inner Kobe and carries this team to a win.  I unfortunately think the cs lose by a lot tonight.  I pray I'm wrong and eat crow but not having kemba is gonna hurt bad.  Payton and Romeo both need to score 12+ with smart and Fournier both close to 20 with Tatum needing 35 to even have a chance.

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2021, 06:23:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You can't beat the Nets with your offense.
Except, that's exactly the way Boston beat Brooklyn last game. Brooklyn shot 46.2% for the field and 42.3% from three and hit 27 free throws. They scored 119 points. The Celtics didn't win by shutting down the Nets. They won because their offense was good enough to put up 125 points.

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2021, 06:24:17 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Kemba now doubtful for Game 4.

Kemba is a good guy, but he's got to go this summer. All that sitting out during the season leading to a lower seed, and he still can't even stay healthy for the playoffs. Just a frustrating tenure with the Celtics.

Granted - how he played on Friday this may be a good sign for us.
Addition by subtraction in the short-term, he was shocking last game. A starting lineup of Smart-Langford-Fournier-Tatum-Thompson suits me

Now I agree.

Now officially out. Frustrating. But it should improve the defense and give them less of a guy to pick on offensively.

Timelord is also out, though that was expected.

Should improve the offense, too. In this series he’s shooting 31% from the field and 17% from 3pt. He’s all around just hurting the team by being on the court. I hope it’s not a serious injury, but it’s a blessing that he’s not playing tonight.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2021, 06:24:26 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Anyone saying the cs are better without Kemba is crazy.  Without Kemba the nets don't have to worry about ANYONE else tonight.  Kemba at least made the nets aware of him opening up lanes and shots for Tatum.  The only way the cs win tonight is if Tatum channels his inner Kobe and carries this team to a win.  I unfortunately think the cs lose by a lot tonight.  I pray I'm wrong and eat crow but not having kemba is gonna hurt bad.  Payton and Romeo both need to score 12+ with smart and Fournier both close to 20 with Tatum needing 35 to even have a chance.

...Kobe was an great competitor; but I didn’t appreciate his efficiency.  RIP Kobe.

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2021, 06:26:03 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Nets will try to take the fans out early.  I expect a strong Nets first quarter.

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2021, 06:26:48 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2021, 06:27:48 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
You can't beat the Nets with your offense.
Except, that's exactly the way Boston beat Brooklyn last game. Brooklyn shot 46.2% for the field and 42.3% from three and hit 27 free throws. They scored 119 points. The Celtics didn't win by shutting down the Nets. They won because their offense was good enough to put up 125 points.

You've got to fight firepower with firepower.

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2021, 06:28:21 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

I was going to say, even though Kemba shot abysmally this series they still have to guard him because they know he's a streaky shooter. They won't have the same fear of whoever his replacement is. They will trap JT at every opportunity.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2021, 06:31:45 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

I was going to say, even though Kemba shot abysmally this series they still have to guard him because they know he's a streaky shooter. They won't have the same fear of whoever his replacement is. They will trap JT at every opportunity.

If they trap Tatum, that means that Fournier, Nesmith, and Pritchard should be getting wide open shots. All 3 of those guys are better shooters than Walker. Fournier should be taking 20 shots in this game. He’s been really good the last two games.

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2021, 06:35:03 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I didn't see a lineup tonight?

Was trying to guess based on what Stevens sees as the right matchup.

Waters or Semi?

Technically Edwards is a two guard, but no start for him.

Langford has looked good on defense, but many points will be needed.

If Semi starts he's got Durant right?

Waters brings the ball up and Smart is the off guard?

I wish he'd let Pritchard play the point.

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2021, 06:36:39 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Okay y’all do your part. Do exactly what you did last game. If you weren’t her, please leave. If you aren’t wearing the same clothes down to your underwear, please go and change...lol

Don’t change beers, don’t change position....lol

Go Celtics.

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2021, 06:37:44 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
We got what we wanted Kemba is out!!!

Go Celtics!!

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2021, 06:38:37 PM »

Offline Ogaju