Author Topic: Bruins 2021 Playoffs  (Read 26426 times)

Re: Bruins 2021 Playoffs
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2021, 10:21:14 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask was playing at less than 100 percent health during the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs, and now we know what exactly he was dealing with over the last few weeks.

Rask revealed Friday morning during the B's season-ending media availability that he was playing with a hip injury.

"I have a torn labrum in my hip. I'm going to do surgery," Rask said. "I just don't know what the exact date is, probably within a month. I'll start the recovery process and then we'll see what the future holds after that. Hopefully the recovery goes well and I'll be ready to play hockey at some point next year.

Yikes.  All tears are different, but isn’t this the same injury that IT had? I know that he had the impingement as well, but the real concern was the tear in the labrum I think.

I give the guy credit for gutting it out the last two games, but he clearly wasn’t himself.  I know that hockey players are a different class in terms of toughness, but why was he even playing with such a serious injury? At least with IT, we can blame it on a misdiagnosis.

Tuukka’s time in Boston appears done.  It has been a great run, some of the unfair criticisms aside. I hope he is able to recover and presume his career without any further issues.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2021, 05:08:06 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask was playing at less than 100 percent health during the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs, and now we know what exactly he was dealing with over the last few weeks.

Rask revealed Friday morning during the B's season-ending media availability that he was playing with a hip injury.

"I have a torn labrum in my hip. I'm going to do surgery," Rask said. "I just don't know what the exact date is, probably within a month. I'll start the recovery process and then we'll see what the future holds after that. Hopefully the recovery goes well and I'll be ready to play hockey at some point next year.

Yikes.  All tears are different, but isn’t this the same injury that IT had? I know that he had the impingement as well, but the real concern was the tear in the labrum I think.

I give the guy credit for gutting it out the last two games, but he clearly wasn’t himself.  I know that hockey players are a different class in terms of toughness, but why was he even playing with such a serious injury? At least with IT, we can blame it on a misdiagnosis.

Tuukka’s time in Boston appears done.  It has been a great run, some of the unfair criticisms aside. I hope he is able to recover and presume his career without any further issues.

This was certainly a weird series, at times it looked like the Bruins were dominating, sometimes dominating without the results to show for it, and then just purely pathetic.

The alternative was to play Swayman, and hard to say if he'd fair any better... but hindsight is 20/20, but what little he showed in the little he played he didn't give the Bruins much of a choice in the playoffs.

But the series was a letdown in the end. I don't know much about hockey, but that's how I perceived things.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 05:14:58 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2021, 05:10:27 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I must've missed something about Halak ... was he injured too?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2021, 05:14:19 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

He lost the job to Swayman, but maybe Halak should've been the alternative if they weren't going to use him. Haven't heard of any injuries.

« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2021, 07:43:47 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

He lost the job to Swayman, but maybe Halak should've been the alternative if they weren't going to use him. Haven't heard of any injuries.

Halak had a good season, and he's experienced. I probably would've given him a chance.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis