Author Topic: Hornets (30-31) at Celtics (32-30) Game #63 4/28/21  (Read 25650 times)

Re: Hornets (30-31) at Celtics (32-30) Game #63 4/28/21
« Reply #315 on: April 29, 2021, 08:48:40 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Only two players on the C’s had a negative +/-. Waters and Grant Williams. Interesting...

Less Grant is always good. CBS could not help himself and put himself in.   I thought Waters got us playing up temp in the beginning but got careless in the second half at times.

Nesmith is fiery and tries, he can be a little out of control though.  I thought he brought some good energy and it is clear he cares from his attitude and demeanor.  Nice to see him have a good game.

I think the J's came out and set the tone.   This made a big difference and having what 25 points in the paint in the first quarter helped us as we were not just shooting threes.
I think Grant only played 36 seconds to end the 1st half, probably so Thompson or Timelord don't pick up a dumb foul before the half. That type of use, you really can't complain about, not that you are. If both Rob Williams and Thompson are playing well, I don't see Grant getting minutes, unless it like this, which I am sure many will be thrilled about.

Interesting to see who Stevens didn't use last night. Romeo, Grant(for the most part), Parker, Semi, Kornet and Edwards. With only 10 games left, including this one, Stevens appears to have let the scrubs sit and play the guys that will be playing in the playoffs. Of course, Waters won't be playing then.
the one that left me curious was Romeo.  he's played well lately.  I've noticed through the season that Brad tends to go with either Romeo or Nesmith.  no rhyme or reason as to why.  This time it was Nesmith's turn.

I was fine with the rest not getting time, surprised by it, but not bothered.

Re: Hornets (30-31) at Celtics (32-30) Game #63 4/28/21
« Reply #316 on: April 29, 2021, 10:03:30 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Interesting to see who Stevens didn't use last night. Romeo, Grant(for the most part), Parker, Semi, Kornet and Edwards. With only 10 games left, including this one, Stevens appears to have let the scrubs sit and play the guys that will be playing in the playoffs. Of course, Waters won't be playing then.

I think Grant, Parker and Kornet have all had defensive woes here and there.   None of them are complete defenders.  Grant can't rim protect, poor rebounder and has trouble getting to help situations and has trouble guarding almost everyone but he tries, not his fault, just not athletic or big enough.   Parker is a poor defender but can score.   Kornet really shows some good basketball IQ but his play is all over the place.  Romeo has some defensive talent but sometimes your playing 4 on 5 with him on offense thus far.   Each of these guys has flaws and that is generally true of bench guys.

Carsen was brought here to shoot.   Something he has struggled to do.   I think a lot of it is mental though if he hits a shot early he tends to do better.

I think everyone knows what Semi can do.   Maybe CBS realized some things about the other guys but he is very mercurial in terms of who he plays sometimes with no rhyme or reason.

I liked the energy Nesmith brings.

It is not a bad idea to tighten up the rotation.   I would keep playing Evan because he could really help us once he gets his feet under himself.