Author Topic: Celtics (32-28) at Hornets (29-30) Game #61 4/25/21  (Read 42065 times)

Re: Celtics (32-28) at Hornets (29-30) Game #61 4/25/21
« Reply #480 on: April 25, 2021, 08:37:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Feel like this was a pretty good game to miss out on

100% right, downright embarrassing effort.

There was effort?

« Reply #481 on: April 25, 2021, 09:23:33 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
For all the complaints about Stevens, you know what he didn't do?

He didn't shoot 38% from the field.
He didn't missed close to 20 shots at the rim.
He didn't decide to go iso all game
He didn't turn the ball over 13 times.
He didn't decide not to get back in transition.
He didn't allow Charlotte to shoot wide open threes all game.
He didn't play some of the most pathetic half court defense all year in this game.

At some point, it's on the players, not the coach. This game was all on the players. They were the ones that decided not to show up and stink up the joint.

What exactly is the coach’s job?
It's not to play the game.

Not play guys who play hard and bench guys that are phoning it in or get a tech to fire up his team or rem a guy out for horrid lazy play. See Pop! Coaching is an active participation job! Not sit and hope guys do something.
Sure. Yeah. Let's bench Tatum, Brown, Kemba and Smart because a lineup of Pritchard, Besmith, Langford, Parker and Kornet are going to win sooooooooo many games.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

It may be the spark and change of pace you need during a game.
ha ha ha...if CBS ran this line up out during real game time this place would demand his head....again....as usual.  ;D

Not if they produce and take the other team out of their flow.
pretty big if isnt it? you seem to take it for granted that that line up would produce, when nothing else seems to support your argument.

You don’t know if you don’t try. You can coach this team and do no worse than Brad. All you have to do is NOTHING.
lets put in local community college players. we dont know if we dont try.....or, is this more complex? while we may not know for sure what will happen we can at least make insightful projections on what might happen.

your second sentence is hyperbole. do you honestly and really think that i, you, members of this board would really do a better job of coaching the celtics than CBS? if so, we disagree.

this is a tough season i agree, but let's not surrender to hyperbolic and hot takes.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #482 on: April 25, 2021, 09:52:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

There was effort?

As for my part I fell plum asleep ....so I can’t say  ;D

« Reply #483 on: April 25, 2021, 10:26:27 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

He didn't play some of the most pathetic half court defense all year in this game.

At some point, it's on the players, not the coach. This game was all on the players. They were the ones that decided not to show up and stink up the joint.

Not play guys who play hard and bench guys that are phoning it in or get a tech to fire up his team or rem a guy out for horrid lazy play. See Pop! Coaching is an active participation job! Not sit and hope guys do something.
Sure. Yeah. Let's bench Tatum, Brown, Kemba and Smart because a lineup of Pritchard, Besmith, Langford, Parker and Kornet are going to win sooooooooo many games.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

ha ha ha...if CBS ran this line up out during real game time this place would demand his head....again....as usual.  ;D

pretty big if isnt it? you seem to take it for granted that that line up would produce, when nothing else seems to support your argument.

You don’t know if you don’t try. You can coach this team and do no worse than Brad. All you have to do is NOTHING.
lets put in local community college players. we dont know if we dont try.....or, is this more complex? while we may not know for sure what will happen we can at least make insightful projections on what might happen.

your second sentence is hyperbole. do you honestly and really think that i, you, members of this board would really do a better job of coaching the celtics than CBS? if so, we disagree.

this is a tough season i agree, but let's not surrender to hyperbolic and hot takes.

Yeah I used hyperbole to drive home my point just like you did with your ‘community college’ reference, oh wait..was that hyperbole, or are you calling out Danny?

« Reply #484 on: April 25, 2021, 10:32:41 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
C's like to ease into games all the time....then they're down 15 points in no time...Disgusting.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #485 on: April 25, 2021, 10:39:54 PM »

Offline DocomoCelts

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
Cs slowly inching their way back to .500.  Truly inspiring stuff.

« Reply #486 on: April 25, 2021, 10:45:15 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I am having a hard time watching these guys. They play lazy and careless. Charlotte DOMINATED them in every way. The better team won. Very bad performance. We are not good enough to beat anyone in the playoffs if we make it from the play-in games.

« Reply #487 on: April 25, 2021, 11:00:54 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

Yeah I used hyperbole to drive home my point just like you did with your ‘community college’ reference, oh wait..was that hyperbole, or are you calling out Danny?
hyperbole as was yours, though mine was to advance a larger argument and demonstrate the limitations of your argument.

as for calling out danny, not on this, not yet.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #488 on: April 25, 2021, 11:13:50 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

hyperbole as was yours, though mine was to advance a larger argument and demonstrate the limitations of your argument.

well you can’t have it both ways, they either have a coaching problem or a roster problem.

« Reply #489 on: April 25, 2021, 11:15:29 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

There was effort?

well they did attend the game. That is becoming a lot to ask for these days.

« Reply #490 on: April 25, 2021, 11:33:35 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

well you can’t have it both ways, they either have a coaching problem or a roster problem.
1. moving the goal posts.
2. i did not say it was both ways.
3. actually, the two are not mutually exclusive.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #491 on: April 26, 2021, 01:18:29 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

1. moving the goal posts.
2. i did not say it was both ways.
3. actually, the two are not mutually exclusive.

I support the point of view that Brad should play the bench when the starters are stinking up the joint. You countered with the bench is akin to community college players. I asked if you were blaming Danny since he picks the roster. You said no. So I say and repeat here you cannot have it both ways...is it a coaching problem or a roster construction problem. You cannot say no to both.

Are you saying yes to both?

« Reply #492 on: April 26, 2021, 02:10:38 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Hornets played really well. 39 assists. Shot better than 50-40-90. We didn't. Their starters dominated ours.

« Reply #493 on: April 26, 2021, 03:13:24 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

There was effort?

well they did attend the game. That is becoming a lot to ask for these days.

TP  ;D