Author Topic: Celtics (32-27) at Nets (39-20) Game #60 4/23/21  (Read 34492 times)

Re: Celtics (32-27) at Nets (39-20) Game #60 4/23/21
« Reply #525 on: April 24, 2021, 12:31:44 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
We traded Theis to open up minutes for TL and now here were are desperately depending on Grant/Kornet

Grant was playing too much before the Theis trade too.   What the heck was Ainge thinking when he drafter him.   When he has tried to find the Draymond Green clones his drafting is really poor given that it has yielded Grant and Yabu, this clouds his judgment in these two cases.
I’ll give Ainge this much, he keeps swinging for those tweener guys that’s for sure. Maybe he’ll get lucky at some point.

But I literally cannot believe how much Grant has regressed. His confidence is in the dumps right now and he literally cannot do anything right.
Major turning point in comeback was his steal and subsequent missed layup. Minor turning point was Tatum's missed foul shot late. Not much into conspiracies' but it appeared to be a suspicious miss.  (strictly my opinion) But I do invite others to go back and look at it.

« Reply #526 on: April 24, 2021, 12:48:48 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Bench guys just not stepping up

In all honesty, I give Fournier a pass this game.  But all the irrational exuberance about Kornet looks very bad now.  Grant we knew about all along.  That missed dunk was disgraceful and athleticism matters folks.  Who gets rim stuffed on a break away dunk?

Good to see Tatum kick off the slump some.    We did not have our full team of course they did not either.  Down three stars to their two.

We traded Theis to open up minutes for TL and now here were are desperately depending on Grant/Kornet. It was a perplexing move by Ainge, as we would have remained under the tax just by moving Teague/Green. It did allow us to eventually sign Parker, but I think if we just waited another week, we could have cut Semi for that. Anyway, not having Theis has left us with one less solid rotation player over this super-injured stretch.

We were down some players, but they were down two MVP players. We should have pulled this one out, rather than letting guys like Jeff Green and Joe Harris light us up.

That was always my fear, given Timelord's injury history.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #527 on: April 24, 2021, 12:52:33 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
I missed the game and have to watch it on my DVR but I'm guessing Fournier and GWill are the pinatas for tonight?

« Reply #528 on: April 24, 2021, 03:43:45 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I missed the game and have to watch it on my DVR but I'm guessing Fournier and GWill are the pinatas for tonight?
Grant was bad.

Fournier was bad too but hard to blame a guy coming off covid who was on a minutes restriction and hasn’t played in almost 3+ weeks

« Reply #529 on: April 24, 2021, 03:51:58 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Not a bad outcome for a back to back and missing Kemba and Brown.

« Reply #530 on: April 24, 2021, 05:08:56 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
Grant was bad.

Fournier was bad too but hard to blame a guy coming off covid who was on a minutes restriction and hasn’t played in almost 3+ weeks

True, I can understand Fournier missing shots...0-7 is pretty bad though.