Author Topic: The Ignored And Forgotten Lives That Still Matter: Urban Crime  (Read 21557 times)

Re: The Ignored And Forgotten Lives That Still Matter: Urban Crime
« Reply #165 on: October 14, 2021, 01:24:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -26821
  • Once A CrotoNat, Always A CrotoNat
It’s not just gun crime harming our children.  This article was horrifying:

https://apple.news/ASGVG-243QVuJK_lQ6YaGZA

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #166 on: October 14, 2021, 05:14:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• Global Moderator
  • Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1233
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
It’s not just gun crime harming our children.  This article was horrifying:

https://apple.news/ASGVG-243QVuJK_lQ6YaGZA
What a shining example of humanity.

Carroll handcuffed the sixth grader. Later, asked why, he said because policy allowed him to.

Why is it that SWAT team members are so disproportionately trigger-happy, power-tripping lunatics?
2021 Minnesota Timberwolves:
PG: Trae Young / Jamal Murray / Jordan Clarkson
SG: Bradley Beal / Terry Rozier
SF: Bogdan Bogdanovic / Will Barton / Saddiq Bey
PF: Harrison Barnes / Aaron Gordon
C: Joel Embiid / John Collins / Mason Plumlee

« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2021, 01:26:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Alabama police are looking for answers after a teenager was killed by gunfire that went through his bedroom window, officials said.

The incident occurred Friday night in Tuscaloosa, with police saying the 13-year-old was playing with his iPad when he was fatally struck in the head.

“There were so many shell casings in the road, officers had to pull business cards from their wallets to fold and use as temporary evidence markers,” reads a Facebook announcement shared Saturday by the Tuscaloosa Police Department.

It never stops.

Congress, do something to end handgun crime / street violence.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2021, 02:08:37 PM »

Online nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8463
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Alabama police are looking for answers after a teenager was killed by gunfire that went through his bedroom window, officials said.

The incident occurred Friday night in Tuscaloosa, with police saying the 13-year-old was playing with his iPad when he was fatally struck in the head.

“There were so many shell casings in the road, officers had to pull business cards from their wallets to fold and use as temporary evidence markers,” reads a Facebook announcement shared Saturday by the Tuscaloosa Police Department.

It never stops.

Congress, do something to end handgun crime / street violence.
It's not going to happen, Roy.

One side of the aisle wants less funding for police and more funding to specialty needs and the other side of the aisle wants less restrictive gun control, not more.

If more funding was put into stamping out gang crime, like literally starting entirely new sectors in police forces in cities dedicated to nothing but eradicating gang crime through policing and community outreach(yes, some cities already have this but it's very limited and underfunded and not working in tandem with the FBI's bureau for organized crime) and also this country and it's politicians embraced real gun control reform, with an emphasis on handgun control, maybe major strides could be made to stop this type of crime and violence in America.

Unfortunately, both sides of the aisle have their heads so far up their asses they can't see their stubbornness is literally killing tens of thousands of Americans each year.

If a foreign entity killed tens of thousands of Americans every year, this country would be obliterating them in a war. But, Americans killing Americans to the tune of 250,000 to 350,000 deaths every decade is somehow okay and "the price we pay for freedom", as some say.

The whole thing is worse than a Shakespearean tragedy!

« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2021, 02:17:24 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Unfortunately, both sides of the aisle have their heads so far up their asses they can't see their stubbornness is literally killing thousands of Americans each year.

I agree.  Screw both the Republicans and Democrats on this issue.  Neither has the balls to do the right thing, while our kids die.  Because we have to play to “the base”.  Who the hell makes up these bases?  Do gun advocates want young children being shot dead in their bedrooms and car seats?  Do social justice advocates think living in a “Wild West” setting benefits the community?

I can’t wrap my head around this stuff.  I feel for those kids, and those parents.  We’ve talked about poverty in this country, and it’s keeping families in literal war zones.

Solve poverty, or solve the gun issue.  Pick one, and take some steps to fix it.

« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2021, 03:37:12 PM »

Online jambr380

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1503
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yeah, I agree with you guys. It is sickening that we as a country have just come to accept the fact that so many people die from gang/gun crime every year. I also agree that there is no comfortable way to have a true, productive discussion. Unfortunately it just comes off as sounding racist, when really it is concern for a community of people who are struggling the most in these instances.

« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2021, 07:16:45 PM »

Offline gouki88

• Global Moderator
  • Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1233
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Unfortunately, both sides of the aisle have their heads so far up their asses they can't see their stubbornness is literally killing thousands of Americans each year.

I agree.  Screw both the Republicans and Democrats on this issue.  Neither has the balls to do the right thing, while our kids die.  Because we have to play to “the base”.  Who the hell makes up these bases?  Do gun advocates want young children being shot dead in their bedrooms and car seats?  Do social justice advocates think living in a “Wild West” setting benefits the community?

I can’t wrap my head around this stuff.  I feel for those kids, and those parents.  We’ve talked about poverty in this country, and it’s keeping families in literal war zones.

Solve poverty, or solve the gun issue.  Pick one, and take some steps to fix it.
The mind boggles
2021 Minnesota Timberwolves:
PG: Trae Young / Jamal Murray / Jordan Clarkson
SG: Bradley Beal / Terry Rozier
SF: Bogdan Bogdanovic / Will Barton / Saddiq Bey
PF: Harrison Barnes / Aaron Gordon
C: Joel Embiid / John Collins / Mason Plumlee

« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2021, 07:29:31 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• Robert Williams
  • Tommy Points: 17

Many in the GOP made fun of Obama for community organizing. I think Palin was one.

I agree with "screw the Democrats". I also think they have been far more focused on poverty alleviation and gun restrictions.

At the end of the day, tax avoidance and govt deregulation (cutting social programs) shouldn't be our nation's driving agenda. There's time to focus on other stuff.