Author Topic: Celtics (1-1) vs Hornets (2-0) Vegas SL Game 3 7/9/18  (Read 9352 times)

Re: Celtics (1-1) vs Hornets (2-0) Vegas SL Game 3 7/9/18
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2018, 08:55:50 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
yabusele, semi, bird, and uthoff all with pretty good games.

tps for everyone to celebrate the baby celtics win!  ;D
Semi was 1-4 on threes. He’s currently shooting 26.6% from 3, that’s a bad sign as the most important thing for him was improving his 3 point shooting. He’s not going to get any run shooting like that.

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2018, 09:00:27 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Saw this on realgm and like the idea:
Sign Bird
Sign Uthoff to a 2 way contract
Sign Martin to a 2 way contract
Release Nader
Release Allen

Thoughts?

Maybe tough to keep Bird. Cs can match any offer, but they're going to have a tough time matching him and Smart without cutting salary other than Nader. Still think they should sign both, cut Nader, and trade Morris into someone's cap space.

Uthoff didn't look very good the first 2 games.

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2018, 09:00:35 PM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78
Jaylen sitting next to Danny. Danny looks stoned..

Anyone would look that way watching the "bricks" being thrown up in summer league games.   ;) ;D

While I understand Danny would want to see the players first hand in Las Vegas, if media reports are accurate that he hasn't reached out to Smart other than extend a QO because he (Ainge) is otherwise occupied (rather than a quite clever rationalization offered by another CBlog member that he was giving Smart "space" to attend to his ailing mother who has cancer), this isn't good way to treat a "valued player" who has done so much for the C's especially one as beloved by the rest of his teammates as Smart is in the locker room. 

Anyway, business as usual for Jabari Bird who had another nice performance and Semi as well as Yab had their moments. 

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2018, 09:07:58 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Smart's in Vegas now too. Maybe ...

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2018, 09:11:57 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Maybe tough to keep Bird. Cs can match any offer, but they're going to have a tough time matching him and Smart without cutting salary other than Nader.

Bird is way better than Nader and I think he may be better than Yabusele.   On offense he is better than Semi, too.   

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2018, 10:01:11 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I saw on instagram that Shane larkin and jaylen brown were hanging out at Summer league .... Wonder if Shane was sitting near Ainge or not, and if it means anything. Probably not I hea rd that fans can sit really close to GMs basically in summer league, so maybe larkins networking. I  know rozier was in the arena  too   

« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2018, 10:44:54 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Jaylen sitting next to Danny. Danny looks stoned..

Anyone would look that way watching the "bricks" being thrown up in summer league games.   ;) ;D

While I understand Danny would want to see the players first hand in Las Vegas, if media reports are accurate that he hasn't reached out to Smart other than extend a QO because he (Ainge) is otherwise occupied (rather than a quite clever rationalization offered by another CBlog member that he was giving Smart "space" to attend to his ailing mother who has cancer), this isn't good way to treat a "valued player" who has done so much for the C's especially one as beloved by the rest of his teammates as Smart is in the locker room. 

Anyway, business as usual for Jabari Bird who had another nice performance and Semi as well as Yab had their moments.

Wasn't that already refuted by the Celtics? They said they were in contact all along.

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2018, 08:43:24 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
Maybe tough to keep Bird. Cs can match any offer, but they're going to have a tough time matching him and Smart without cutting salary other than Nader.

Bird is way better than Nader and I think he may be better than Yabusele.   On offense he is better than Semi, too.
Better than Semi on offense? That's not saying much, Semi is the worst offensive player on the Celtics.