Author Topic: Nuggets (46-22) at Celtics (43-27) Game #71 3/18/19  (Read 24086 times)

Re: Nuggets (46-22) at Celtics (43-27) Game #71 3/18/19
« Reply #315 on: March 19, 2019, 02:14:59 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1351
I see that Jaylen only played 20 minutes again...how surprising that we got smacked.

Ya, I've been constantly perplexed by Jaylen's minutes all season long.

No Hayward and Jaylen still only gets 19 minutes, while every starter goes 33+?

This is coming off of 3 straight 20+ point games, but has also been happening all year.

12/21 Jaylen has 21 in 30 mins, next game on 12/23 plays only 15 mins.

1/9 Jaylen has 22 in 29 mins, next game on 1/10 plays only 14 mins.

Was only half watching the game, was he playing bad while he was in?  Somebody give me some explanation.   Brown's leash seems so short especially compared to Tatum's and Morris's.

So I missed the game tonight.  Does anyone know why Brown is only getting 19 minutes when in the previous 3 games he went for more than 20 points each game?  No Gordon tonight and Brad still can’t get Jaylen 30 min?  What gives?  I have been on team Brad, but stuff like this just seems idiotic.  Did Jaylen do something to p--- off Brad?

Only reason I can think off is Brown must not be good enough on the defensive end.

That's what happened to Olynyk under Brad.
Not good enough on the defensive end??? I'm pretty sure Tatum and Morris are playing 30+ MPG rn.

Or maybe Brad doesn't think Jaylen is making good decisions out there.

There must be something Brad didn't like because it's really strange that Jaylen didn't get a lot of minutes when Hayward is not available.
I don't think Brad can say that with a straight face when he's playing Tatum and Morris 30+ MPG as well.

Brad has never been a fan of Jaylen.

When Jaylen was a rookie, he barely played even when he was a #3 overall pick.
This is true. JB was definitely raw as a rookie, but he's always seemed to be on a short leash. Especially compared to Tatum

The way I see it, Jaylen must not be following Brad's system to the letter.

Brad doesn't like it when a player goes off script a lot.

Honestly, I think it possible that Brad is just wrong about who helps the team win more, Morris or Brown. Because I think its Brown and its not close. It annoys me immensely that Brad plays Brown for 20 minutes and when he is on the floor just parks him in the corner for long stretches.

I think it's size. Mook is 6-9 235lbs and Jaylen is 6-7 220. I know it's not a massive difference, but he probably feels that Mook can guard the bigger 4s that Jaylen may have some problems with.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #316 on: March 19, 2019, 03:26:00 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
I see that Jaylen only played 20 minutes again...how surprising that we got smacked.

This is coming off of 3 straight 20+ point games, but has also been happening all year.

Was only half watching the game, was he playing bad while he was in?  Somebody give me some explanation.   Brown's leash seems so short especially compared to Tatum's and Morris's.

So I missed the game tonight.  Does anyone know why Brown is only getting 19 minutes when in the previous 3 games he went for more than 20 points each game?  No Gordon tonight and Brad still can’t get Jaylen 30 min?  What gives?  I have been on team Brad, but stuff like this just seems idiotic.  Did Jaylen do something to p--- off Brad?

Only reason I can think off is Brown must not be good enough on the defensive end.

Not good enough on the defensive end??? I'm pretty sure Tatum and Morris are playing 30+ MPG rn.

There must be something Brad didn't like because it's really strange that Jaylen didn't get a lot of minutes when Hayward is not available.
I don't think Brad can say that with a straight face when he's playing Tatum and Morris 30+ MPG as well.

This is true. JB was definitely raw as a rookie, but he's always seemed to be on a short leash. Especially compared to Tatum

And I don't see it when you have players like Morris and Tatum hogging the ball and making awful decisions. Is that written in the script? If yes Brad needs to go.

It's more on the defensive side.

Maybe Brown is missing defensive assignments or trying to gamble too much.

Olynyk was very good on offense but Brad didn't give him a lot of minutes because he was bad on defense.

ok this comparison of Olynyk to Brown is just not helpful.  They play different positions, Brown is a WAY better def player and a better off player than Kelly as well.  I don't think there is any overlap to the situations.

Brown should be starting right now.  I have no idea why Brad is hanging on to Morris / Smart starting at this point.  Both Tatum and Morris got almost double the minutes than Jaylen did tonight.  This after 3 straight 20 point games from Jaylen.

Either Jaylen has some nagging injury, or Brad just can't see what everyone else can.  I am not sure which one of those options is worse for us.  Brown is one of our best and most consistent defenders.  yeah he blows a switch / coverage occasionally but so does literally the whole team.

To put it in perspective. Torrey Craig from Denver got more minutes tonight than Brown.  Yeah the world famous Torrey Craig who averages 5 points a game in 20 min a game.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 03:32:41 AM by blink »

« Reply #317 on: March 19, 2019, 06:28:10 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
There are aspects of Jokic's game that remind of Bird, his passing especially.

No show by Tatum.

« Reply #318 on: March 19, 2019, 06:46:57 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
There are aspects of Jokic's game that remind of Bird, his passing especially.

No show by Tatum.
Good call. He also gets maximum results from very fundamental things similar to Bird, like good ball-fakes and body positioning.

If he can become even average on defence he could win an MVP
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #319 on: March 19, 2019, 07:09:51 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

And I don't see it when you have players like Morris and Tatum hogging the ball and making awful decisions. Is that written in the script? If yes Brad needs to go.

Olynyk was very good on offense but Brad didn't give him a lot of minutes because he was bad on defense.

ok this comparison of Olynyk to Brown is just not helpful.  They play different positions, Brown is a WAY better def player and a better off player than Kelly as well.  I don't think there is any overlap to the situations.

Brown should be starting right now.  I have no idea why Brad is hanging on to Morris / Smart starting at this point.  Both Tatum and Morris got almost double the minutes than Jaylen did tonight.  This after 3 straight 20 point games from Jaylen.

Either Jaylen has some nagging injury, or Brad just can't see what everyone else can.  I am not sure which one of those options is worse for us.  Brown is one of our best and most consistent defenders.  yeah he blows a switch / coverage occasionally but so does literally the whole team.

To put it in perspective. Torrey Craig from Denver got more minutes tonight than Brown.  Yeah the world famous Torrey Craig who averages 5 points a game in 20 min a game.
Completely agree, and if Brad is the latter he has to go. He's screwing up our playoff chances, and we have a legit shot this season imo.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #320 on: March 19, 2019, 06:31:49 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1351

Completely agree, and if Brad is the latter he has to go. He's screwing up our playoff chances, and we have a legit shot this season imo.

And who would you replace him with at this late stage of the season?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D