Author Topic: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread  (Read 201363 times)

Re: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread
« Reply #195 on: June 27, 2019, 11:38:43 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Himmelsbach tweeting that they guaranteed Ojeyele's contract for next season. Nice!  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2019, 11:42:41 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Himmelsbach tweeting that they guaranteed Ojeyele's contract for next season. Nice!  8)
Pretty much a no brainier move. Semi could be a rotation player for a good team next year and all he costs is a hundred thousand over what would be the minimum for a 3rd year player. Easiest decision Danny had this off season.

« Reply #197 on: June 27, 2019, 11:52:42 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Pretty much a no brainier move. Semi could be a rotation player for a good team next year and all he costs is a hundred thousand over what would be the minimum for a 3rd year player. Easiest decision Danny had this off season.

Yep. And just like the Jays, I think Semi will get a bigger role next season too (off the bench). We saw what he was capable of a few years ago in glimpses. Unfortunately he never really got chances last season due to our extreme wing logjam. I still he can grow into that Jae Crowder-kind of player for us.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2019, 12:08:40 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Matt George on Twitter (not sure who he is), Mark Bertrand retweeted it said the Celtics are positioned in the three team trade with Philly and Houston to acquire Capela if they land Kemba.

I’m not sure how to post tweets.  Not sure who we would be giving up but that would help fill Al’s defense and KI’s offense. 

@MattGeorgeKHTK
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #199 on: June 27, 2019, 12:17:43 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Matt George on Twitter (not sure who he is), Mark Bertrand retweeted it said the Celtics are positioned in the three team trade with Philly and Houston to acquire Capela if they land Kemba.

I’m not sure how to post tweets.  Not sure who we would be giving up but that would help fill Al’s defense and KI’s offense. 

@MattGeorgeKHTK

https://twitter.com/MattGeorgeKHTK/status/1144275410911281153

« Reply #200 on: June 27, 2019, 12:25:18 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

@MattGeorgeKHTK

That would be great. So does this mean we'd have to send something Philly's way as Houston needs the cap space to absorb Butler's contract?

« Reply #201 on: June 27, 2019, 12:31:46 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Does that mean in that rumor, Brown or Smart have to go the Philly?   

I am against that. 

« Reply #202 on: June 27, 2019, 12:40:28 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Minny offering Wiggins to Brooklyn in a sign and trade for D'Angelo Russell (good luck with that)
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-timberwolves-offered-andrew-wiggins-120003079.html

« Reply #203 on: June 27, 2019, 12:43:01 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

@MattGeorgeKHTK

How would that work, exactly?  Seems very complicated.

« Reply #204 on: June 27, 2019, 12:45:31 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

@MattGeorgeKHTK

How would that work, exactly?  Seems very complicated.

Smart and Yabu going out, likely to Philly. 

« Reply #205 on: June 27, 2019, 01:04:02 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Hearing that the chatter is heating up on Durant joining Irving in Brooklyn. I was listening to a podcast so don't know the exact sources besides Perkins.

Sounds like he bought home in NY and sold in Cali. Nets going to be very good in two years if Durant recovers and Kyrie can go back to being robin.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rumors-kevin-durant-reportedly-022724245.html

« Reply #206 on: June 27, 2019, 01:07:27 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
There is not much in the Tweet.  The speculation above is that we essentially trade Smart + Yabusele and get Capela.  That trade works pretty well from a $$ standpoint and I guess it is an OK trade for Boston (trading a small for a big).  But then what?  Houston would have to send out Smart + Yabusele (indirectly) plus a whole lot more in order to match salary for what Butler will be signing at.  Eric Gordon and Tucker get them in the ball park.

So for Houston, it is Capela + Gordon + Tucker for Butler?

For Philly it is Butler for Smart + Gordon + Tucker?

I don't know, doesn't make much sense to me.  Seems like Philly should just keep Butler.    The only way this would happen is if Butler really wants Houston.  Hard to believe that would be the case.

« Reply #207 on: June 27, 2019, 01:10:32 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
There is not much in the Tweet.  The speculation above is that we essentially trade Smart + Yabusele and get Capela.  That trade works pretty well from a $$ standpoint and I guess it is an OK trade for Boston (trading a small for a big).  But then what?  Houston would have to send out Smart + Yabusele (indirectly) plus a whole lot more in order to match salary for what Butler will be signing at.  Eric Gordon and Tucker get them in the ball park.

I don't know, doesn't make much sense to me.  Seems like Philly should just keep Butler.    The only way this would happen is if Butler really wants Houston.  Hard to believe that would be the case.

This is the Rocket's dream, not Philly.  So we can guess where the rumors come from.   

« Reply #208 on: June 27, 2019, 01:12:32 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

This is the Rocket's dream, not Philly.  So we can guess where the rumors come from.

I am not sure that is the case. I have been listening to NBA podcasts and people seem to think Butler has been talking to Harden every day and really wants to come home to Texas. I think Butler really does want to go there.

« Reply #209 on: June 27, 2019, 01:17:33 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Isn't Morey brutal to trade with? I bet at last minute he asks for several first round picks after agreeing to deal beforehand. Been down this rodeo before and will believe a Rockets trade when I see it.

Kemba and Capela would be pretty nice in Green though. Reading how Kemba is a true warrior and will relish our passion. Capela is a younger center who fits our other twenty somethings well. I could get very excited about this team with Brown, Hayward and Tatum but would miss Smart if he is the one going out in trade. Smart toughness and fire is tough to lose though..yes I know small for big all day long but Smart’s heart is biggest of them all.