Author Topic: Pierria Henry Tofas contract  (Read 1856 times)

Pierria Henry Tofas contract
« on: July 15, 2018, 04:15:54 PM »

Offline jacigar

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
Can anybody give the details of Tofas NBA buyout clause ? Could we afford to sign him and at what cost?

Re: Pierria Henry Tofas contract
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 05:46:54 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I believe his contract is expiring (?)

The info on Euroleague European teams is not as readily available as NBA teams, but I saw a link or two mentioning he is negotiating a new contract.

edit: not a euroleague team
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 09:41:23 PM by greece666 »

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 05:58:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 06:09:25 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Based on his highlights, I don't think his game would translate that well against NBA length and athletes. His jumpshot takes a lot of time and effort to get off it appears. Except his crossover, I think that would get him some looks.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 06:26:08 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Based on his highlights, I don't think his game would translate that well against NBA length and athletes. His jumpshot takes a lot of time and effort to get off it appears. Except his crossover, I think that would get him some looks.
i am sure he would be one of the better 15th players in the nba. i would not be upset if he were on the celtics.

however, i do think bird is the better player. but bird would be the 11th player on the team, maybe.

this celtics team is really quite deep.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 06:26:35 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Summer league puppy love....

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 07:41:56 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Meh. I prefer Hassan Martin or Jarrod Uthoff.

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 08:15:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
i am sure he would be one of the better 15th players in the nba. i would not be upset if he were on the celtics.

however, i do think bird is the better player. but bird would be the 11th player on the team, maybe.

Wow...you see Bird as the 11th player in the Celtics rotation? Yeah, I see him as more like the 15th with Semi, Yabu, Wanamaker, and maybe Williams ahead of him.

Maybe I am missing something but I just don't see the love Bird is getting. I don't think he's all that good at all.

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 08:22:23 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78

Wow...you see Bird as the 11th player in the Celtics rotation? Yeah, I see him as more like the 15th with Semi, Yabu, Wanamaker, and maybe Williams ahead of him.

Maybe I am missing something but I just don't see the love Bird is getting. I don't think he's all that good at all.

It's the name...he gets a +10 from folks because of Larry Legend :)

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 08:23:27 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Meh. I prefer Hassan Martin or Jarrod Uthoff.

I like Uthoff. I think he's a good fit. He shoots the 3 and can rebound and pass.

NICE BLOCK!

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 09:51:33 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I love Bird’s game. He has great instincts, athleticism, and he is a hard worker. I believe he will mke a great low-cost option when we eventually lose smart and/or Rozier. I haven’t seen any of him in Summer League, but he immediately turned my head at the end of the regular season.

Bird is totally an NBA player and, to me, is clearly ahead of at least Williams and Yabu and right on par with Semi and Wanamaker. By the end of the year, if he gets any opportunity, I believe he will surpass them, too.