Author Topic: Should we be concerned about Kemba’s knee?  (Read 4643 times)

Re: Should we be concerned about Kemba’s knee?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2020, 07:15:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Absolutely no reason to be concerned about Kemba.  The Celtics have 2 young point guards who could replace 80% of what he does.
Who? We have no PG who is close to the scoring weapon Kemba is
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2020, 08:20:52 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Absolutely no reason to be concerned about Kemba.  The Celtics have 2 young point guards who could replace 80% of what he does.

I think he meant Smart  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2020, 08:23:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I think he meant Smart  ;D
I love Smart, but he's a) in his prime, so not really young, and b) a completely different offensive player to Kemba. He's a much much worse scorer and shooter, and is far more likely to shoot a team out of a game if his offensive role is too big

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2020, 08:52:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
as a Celtics fan ,  Im concerned ,  not that wevshould have begged Irving to stay , he is always hurt .

It may not end his career ,  but IT has never made it back to his preinjury level

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2020, 12:01:15 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Again, I ask .......................... what is all the head scratching double-talk we are getting (again). It is simple enough for an expert orthopedist, which any pro franchise should have on staff, to scan the knee and see what is wrong ? Right now, they sound like some weekend softball beer team whose shortstop strained his knee the previous weekend, is still having soreness, and is wondering if some Bengay might help.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2020, 10:54:55 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Here's a question for everyone.  We know Kemba is going to hate restricted minutes but how would people feel about our chances if the team needed to cap him at 30 MPG?  Brad could utilize him no differently than these first couple games, except he would be available to close out games in the 4th quarter.

In some ways I like the idea of keeping Kemba fresh and using him in a "microwave" type role.  Additionally, it simplifies the game for the rest of the team while he's on the court. 

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2020, 11:30:46 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Here's a question for everyone.  We know Kemba is going to hate restricted minutes but how would people feel about our chances if the team needed to cap him at 30 MPG?  Brad could utilize him no differently than these first couple games, except he would be available to close out games in the 4th quarter.

In some ways I like the idea of keeping Kemba fresh and using him in a "microwave" type role.  Additionally, it simplifies the game for the rest of the team while he's on the court.

I think that is a good plan, but if we fall behind in any series, it will get thrown out the window.

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2020, 04:37:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I think that is a good plan, but if we fall behind in any series, it will get thrown out the window.
I dunno, Brad is frighteningly good at keeping to a minutes strategy in the face of adversity (and sometimes common sense)

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2020, 09:42:02 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273
brad just announced post-game that kemba won’t play in the second night of the b2b wednesday vs. the nets. missed scrimmages, restricted minutes, now a dnp on a b2b, after months of no basketball? something is clearly amiss.

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2020, 09:44:29 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
brad just announced post-game that kemba won’t play in the second night of the b2b wednesday vs. the nets. missed scrimmages, restricted minutes, now a dnp on a b2b, after months of no basketball? something is clearly amiss.

I mean the no play on 2nd night of a back to back is like the most obvious move imaginable. Especially against the depleted Nets. Reading into that is pointless.

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2020, 09:48:19 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
hes looked awesome, driving to the basketball....he's jumping really high on his release he looks good.

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2020, 09:53:59 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton

I mean the no play on 2nd night of a back to back is like the most obvious move imaginable. Especially against the depleted Nets. Reading into that is pointless.

reread my post. it’s the accumulation of events that is concerning. after months of rest, rehab, etc, he’s being handled with kid-gloves. he played 26 minutes tonight, 22 against portland on sunday, and just 19 on friday. it’s not like he’s been over-utilized.

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2020, 09:55:24 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

reread my post. it’s the accumulation of events that is concerning, after months of rest, rehab, etc, he’s being handled with kid-gloves. he played 26 minutes tonight, 22 against portland on sunday, and just 19 on friday. it’s not like he’s been over-utilized.

After tonight's game the last thing we should be concerned about his Kemba's knee.

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2020, 09:57:29 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton

reread my post. it’s the accumulation of events that is concerning, after months of rest, rehab, etc, he’s being handled with kid-gloves. he played 26 minutes tonight, 22 against portland on sunday, and just 19 on friday. it’s not like he’s been over-utilized.

After tonight's game the last thing we should be concerned about his Kemba's knee.

agreed. there are definitely bigger issues to address with this team.

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2020, 08:22:02 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

reread my post. it’s the accumulation of events that is concerning. after months of rest, rehab, etc, he’s being handled with kid-gloves. he played 26 minutes tonight, 22 against portland on sunday, and just 19 on friday. it’s not like he’s been over-utilized.

I know it may seem concerning (and the events that have led to this point haven't been awesome), but he has played pretty much the maximum # of minutes in the range he was scheduled to play each night. This should tell us that he is feeling good.

As for the minutes restriction, in general; reportedly, he has been doing quite a bit of weight strength training with his knee/legs and that is what has been required for his 'rehab'. The minutes restriction was put in place to give him the ability to better focus on that strength training more than the fact that he just isn't able to play. Hopefully this will be better for him in the short term and long term.