Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 359445 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #675 on: March 24, 2014, 07:13:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Am I the only one that noticed that Maggie doesn't give a crap about her sister Beth? I mean come on, she's crying and trippin' over her boyfriend but did not mention Beth all season. Some sista

Lol.....she probably forget they were sisters

I did ... ;D

« Reply #676 on: March 30, 2014, 08:49:30 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I also get the sense that one of Glenn or Maggie will die

The pic burning was foreshadowing as I see it, too.  One of these two will die.

Maggie will see her at dinner

Maybe she is dinner.  My son thinks Terminus is a lure for cannibals.

I paused the trailer at the end.   The person being dragged down by the walkers was not a main star that I could see.

I think Darryl will turn on the " Claim group" once he learns it is Rick and kill, Joe.

Yeah, I think Terminus is a cannibalistic group as well ... no one guarding the gate, the precursors that Roy showed, Beth being taken off, (she didn';t leave Daryl of her own accord - she may end up as dinner) ... I think it's going to be up to Rick to save them all again, possibly with the help of Daryl and his new group, who WE now view as bad guys, but in comparison could be their salvation. Just the name "Terminus" implies something similar. I also agree about Glenn or Maggie ... they like to make you think one way, (finally reunited), and then pull the rug out.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #677 on: March 30, 2014, 08:55:28 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Here's the thing that none of them are stopping to think about: Why would ANY group trying to survive be purposely advertising for MORE mouths to feed?!? Seems a bit odd to me, in a world where just ONE extra person can be the breaking point.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #678 on: March 30, 2014, 09:33:36 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Whaaaaat that was crazy..
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #679 on: March 30, 2014, 10:07:37 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Some epic moments, but cliffhangers are the worst.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #680 on: March 30, 2014, 10:08:52 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I just hope Tyreese and Carol saw it go down and can rescue the others.

« Reply #681 on: March 30, 2014, 10:17:54 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I just hope Tyreese and Carol saw it go down and can rescue the others.
Yeah, I think they've been grooming Carol to be ruthless for just this reason ... she and Tyreese are clearly the ace-in-the-hole for the group that's captive. I have a feeling Beth may have been what they were about to eat, (or was she in the train car and I didn't see her?). She was taken by force, (no way would she have left Daryl), and it intimates something alonmg those lines ... hope I'm wrong about that. I like her character and the actress as well.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #682 on: March 30, 2014, 11:04:39 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
Great finale... ruined by the last 3 seconds. That was such a corny line. When Rick said "they are so stupid, wait until they found out" thought he was going to reveal something epic like "I planted bombs" or "I have an extra weapon" or "I'm a day walker" lol idk ANYTHING but "they're screwing with the wrong people"

That was so corny. Other than that, I enjoyed it.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #683 on: March 30, 2014, 11:20:50 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Great finale... ruined by the last 3 seconds. That was such a corny line. When Rick said "they are so stupid, wait until they found out" thought he was going to reveal something epic like "I planted bombs" or "I have an extra weapon" or "I'm a day walker" lol idk ANYTHING but "they're screwing with the wrong people"

That's what I felt at first as well, but I actually like it the more I think about it ... it designates this major change in Rick's persona, that he's no longer a guy hanging on by a thread and surviving on instinct, he's NOW, (and the entire group, in his view), a major force to be reckoned with. It's probably the most important transformation that has taken place to this point, and while it would normally be pretty much lights out for the group in their present situation, their visceral, ruthless tactics that survival has forced them to adopt, and especially behind this new Rick, makes you almost feel sorry for the sickos who are holding them captive, (for obvious reasons). Yeah, it would've been better as an f-bomb, but even AMC has some standards, via the FCC's much relaxed but still limited guidelines.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #684 on: March 30, 2014, 11:40:02 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Then there's the bag of weapons Rick buried ... clearly for a critical purpose next season, don't ya think? ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #685 on: March 31, 2014, 12:27:28 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

thats a nerfed line directly from the comics, its supposed to be "theyre f$&@ing with the wrong people" not screwing. Dang fcc...im allowed to watch someone neck get bitten into but god-forbid anyone mutter the f word on a zombie show.

« Reply #686 on: March 31, 2014, 07:36:38 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
. it designates this major change in Rick's persona,

Dirty Harry Rick, Incoming!!

« Reply #687 on: March 31, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I was not a fan of the finale, I feel like the flashbacks were pretty much unnecessary and the story did not get moved along as far as I would have liked.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #688 on: March 31, 2014, 10:08:13 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
I was not a fan of the finale, I feel like the flashbacks were pretty much unnecessary and the story did not get moved along as far as I would have liked.

AMC is going to drag this series on as long as possible. Wouldn't be surprised if the show aired for 10 seasons.

That's why it's moving so slow.

« Reply #689 on: March 31, 2014, 11:14:50 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

AMC is going to drag this series on as long as possible. Wouldn't be surprised if the show aired for 10 seasons.

That's why it's moving so slow.
agreed on the flashbacks -- didn't really add anything to the episode. 

the quick run-by of the carcasses on the ground pretty much advertise this has to be a cannibal camp.  that, and that they were being herded through the complex to the rail car -- not to mention the other cars with people screaming from them.

kudos to Rick though for picking up on the backpack and watch.  should have killed a few of them on the way though.

as for it running 10 years, I'm fine with that provided it remains a quality program.