Author Topic: Report: Lakers, Doc Rivers have mutual interest  (Read 2849 times)

Re: Report: Lakers, Doc Rivers have mutual interest
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 04:12:11 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I mean, theoretically, it would make some sense to have Doc working with Lebron.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 04:36:45 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Well, there is NO chance Ballmer, West, and the Clippers let Doc go to their chief rival under contract unless there are crippling levels of compensation involved.

Doc surely knows this.

So either Doc is dumber/more egotistical than we thought or the Lakers are again trying to destabilize a rival by feeding false information to the press. If the latter is true I really hope karma bites them yet again.

If it's the former then Doc to me become personal non grata, and I hope he rightfully becomes another of LeBron's coach killing victims.

Probably more bull being leaked by Lebron and his stooges.

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 09:08:09 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Doc has put the kibosh on this speculation.

Doc Rivers puts an end to any speculation of him and the Lakers coaching job by saying that he and Steve Balmer have agreed earlier this season to a new extension that still needs paperwork to be finalized. But Rivers, who had an option out of his contract this summer, made it clear that he plans on remaining with the Clippers.

Ohm Youngmisuk, ESPN Staff Writer
7m ago

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 09:17:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Doc Rivers puts an end to any speculation of him and the Lakers coaching job by saying that he and Steve Balmer have agreed earlier this season to a new extension that still needs paperwork to be finalized. But Rivers, who had an option out of his contract this summer, made it clear that he plans on remaining with the Clippers.

7m ago
It will never stop entertaining me seeing LA and the Klutch crew make fools of themselves
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2019, 09:29:00 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

7m ago
It will never stop entertaining me seeing LA and the Klutch crew make fools of themselves

Lol.

I love seeing Lebron and the Lakers look like a bunch of jackasses.

When I sat down and thought about it, Doc leaving his current gig to join that hell hole of a Laker operation made no sense.

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2019, 09:59:00 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

7m ago

Lol.

I love seeing Lebron and the Lakers look like a bunch of jackasses.

When I sat down and thought about it, Doc leaving his current gig to join that hell hole of a Laker operation made no sense.
Especially when you think about his recent comments. Firstly he was talking about how he thought the Lakers gave up on D'Angelo Russell too early, and secondly him coming out and saying he has a contract extension on the way
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 11:10:12 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

7m ago
Vecsey hates Lebron. No way this came from Lebron or his team
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 11:23:26 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

7m ago

Just to follow up on your report, I loved Doc's quote regarding the matter.

“I have a job and the Lakers have a coach,” Rivers said. “Straight and upfront, I’m going to be here until Steve says ‘Get out.’”
https://www.nba.com/article/2019/03/19/reports-doc-rivers-ends-lakers-speculation

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 11:42:42 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Not buying. Especially if Clips land Kawhi or KD during offseason.

Feels like Kawhi going there is a lock.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2019, 01:18:12 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

7m ago

Just to follow up on your report, I loved Doc's quote regarding the matter.

“I have a job and the Lakers have a coach,” Rivers said. “Straight and upfront, I’m going to be here until Steve says ‘Get out.’”
https://www.nba.com/article/2019/03/19/reports-doc-rivers-ends-lakers-speculation

And Steve would be a fool to say it.  Doc has put in one of his best years of coaching this season and seems to be enjoying it.   He's still one of the top coaches in the association.  And if they really can get KL and/or KD to sign ... they could leap right back to being one of the top teams in the West.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2019, 04:06:36 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Yet, "another" guy heading to LAL or NYK nonsense.
Two of the biggest losers in the league and media is still trying to convince us they are the big players.

But if we dismiss the tiresomeness of reality the next year's ImagiNBA finals will look something like this;

starting 5 for NY:
PG Kyrie
SG MJ in prime
SF Durant
PF Zion
C  AD - yup!

And for the LAL:
PG Kyrie - it will be a difficult season for him with the traveling and trying to play 164 regular season games and then against himself.
SG Klay
SF Kawhi
PF LeBron
C  AD - or if that fails (impossible), God himself after a few intense weeks of conditioning. Nothing out of the ordinary for him.

We are in for a treat.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 05:16:48 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."