Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020  (Read 178567 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020
« Reply #2295 on: October 11, 2020, 09:54:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
The other thing that ticks me off is how the NBA social media pages love to post Lakers/Lebron stuff every 5 minutes but when the Heat or other teams are doing well, crickets.  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2296 on: October 11, 2020, 10:02:14 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
The easiest title LeBron has won. The only team with two top 5 players on it so no surprise.

« Reply #2297 on: October 11, 2020, 10:04:12 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Utterly disgusting. They now have Banner 17. In my eyes, it'll just be Banner #12 with an asterisk.

And me living in Los Angeles? Hearing all these fireworks going off tonight. Ugh.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2298 on: October 11, 2020, 10:12:28 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Thanks Ainge!

Never thought I would see the day. They caught up to our banners

Side note: I saw some laker fans p---ed because Olynyk actually playing defense on the last possession.  ;D

« Reply #2299 on: October 11, 2020, 10:19:30 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Thanks Ainge!

Side note: I saw some laker fans p---ed because Olynyk actually playing defense on the last possession.  ;D

Good job Olynyk. A true Celtic would never stop playing. Should have also stepped on Davis's foot as well!  ;D

« Reply #2300 on: October 11, 2020, 10:27:07 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Thanks Ainge!

Without Ainge, there wouldn't have been 2008 and the Lakers would already be ahead in banners. 

Olynyk playing defense with a few seconds left was rather juvenile. 

« Reply #2301 on: October 11, 2020, 10:34:34 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Utterly disgusting. They now have Banner 17. In my eyes, it'll just be Banner #12 with an asterisk.

And me living in Los Angeles? Hearing all these fireworks going off tonight. Ugh.

I'm in L.A. County too, and have heard some fireworks. Yuck.

And I agree—it's only banner 12 for the Los Angeles Lakers.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2302 on: October 11, 2020, 11:44:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Whatever. It's tied at 17. That won't matter as long as we're the first ones to #18 soon (please...)  8)

Really hope Ainge actually gets to work and builds a bench. And if we're going to rely on the Rockets' system of living and dying by the 3, actually go get the personal to do that, because having guys like Ojeyele coming off the bench bricking 3s isn't going to cut it. Smart's a streaky shooter but again, that's not a winning formula having him shoot a bunch of 3s. Get some sharpshooters similar to how PHI got guys like Reddick, Belinelli, etc. a few years ago. Make moves.

« Reply #2303 on: October 12, 2020, 12:08:23 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I blame our team and the Clips for choking so hard.

« Reply #2304 on: October 12, 2020, 12:39:28 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Whatever. It's tied at 17. That won't matter as long as we're the first ones to #18 soon (please...)  8)

Really hope Ainge actually gets to work and builds a bench. And if we're going to rely on the Rockets' system of living and dying by the 3, actually go get the personal to do that, because having guys like Ojeyele coming off the bench bricking 3s isn't going to cut it. Smart's a streaky shooter but again, that's not a winning formula having him shoot a bunch of 3s. Get some sharpshooters similar to how PHI got guys like Reddick, Belinelli, etc. a few years ago. Make moves.

I don't want them to replicate the Rockets' system. I want a traditional system where there's legit PG/SG/SF/PF/C, or at least, have some PF/C or bigs who can display and make positive impactful interior presence.

Secondly, get a bench. We need scorers off the bench! If they wanna keep Ojeleye or Porier, then give me the corpse of IT4 instead he convinces me that he can still do it. But we also need a reliable bench. Goodbye Theis, goodbye Kanter. We need a Leon Powe, James Posey, Eddie House, Mickael Pietrus type players off the bench.

« Reply #2305 on: October 12, 2020, 12:45:40 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Lol Lakers fans throwing rocks and bottles at LAPD outside of Staples Center. Cops are now in riot gear. I knew this was gonna happen. That's why Lakers fans should never deserve to have anything to celebrate nor do they deserve anymore championships. It's one thing to feel bad for them over Kobe's death (but really, all NBA fans who follow Kobe), but another thing to reward them with a title. Lack of class and utter disappointment.

« Reply #2306 on: October 12, 2020, 12:49:50 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

I don't want them to replicate the Rockets' system. I want a traditional system where there's legit PG/SG/SF/PF/C, or at least, have some PF/C or bigs who can display and make positive impactful interior presence.

Secondly, get a bench. We need scorers off the bench! If they wanna keep Ojeleye or Porier, then give me the corpse of IT4 instead he convinces me that he can still do it. But we also need a reliable bench. Goodbye Theis, goodbye Kanter. We need a Leon Powe, James Posey, Eddie House, Mickael Pietrus type players off the bench.
Theis was supposed to be a Powe type bench player. It only happened because Brad refused to develop Timelord through fire.

« Reply #2307 on: October 12, 2020, 01:04:16 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Well too late, they already are replicating it. That’s usually how they’ve gotten eliminated the last few years as well. Living by and then dying slowly by the 3. And while we certainly pride ourselves on ball movement, often times late in games we resort to iso-ball and it stifles our scoring.

My point is if you want to shoot 40+ 3s a night, then go get some sharpshooters too. You can talk about guys like Reddick, Korver, etc. as being defensive liabilities but either way often times it seems we lose by not scoring enough.

Defense is great but does it matter if you can’t score much?

I agree, I’d love to see them go to a more traditional system and for them to actually acquire a legit big man. Idk if they will though. But they should!

« Reply #2308 on: October 12, 2020, 01:09:20 AM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23

It's not even that complicated. Ainge just needs to get a big 3 like he did in 2008. James got AD and LA won with a bench that is not that great. Rondo, Kuzma, Caruso. lol

« Reply #2309 on: October 12, 2020, 02:03:55 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Congrats to the Los Angeles Lakers for their 12th title, just over 2/3 the amount we have! Congrats to Rondo for being the first player to win a title for both franchises. Joins Clyde Lovelette as the only person to win rings as a Laker and as a Celtic
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)