Author Topic: Way too much Pierce Love  (Read 12056 times)

Re: Way too much Pierce Love
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 08:04:53 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'm a Celtic fan. I sometimes love or hate players/coaches but will always love the the team. People come and go, that's the NBA business. Pierce will always have a place in my Celtic heart, but if he or anyone else is traded, that's just the NBA.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 08:19:15 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Just watched that entire 4th quarter of the NJ comeback. Man was Pierce quick. And for all the grief he gets, employee number 8 was a pretty [dang] good player back in the day.

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 08:20:34 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
employee number 8 was a pretty [dang] good player back in the day.

that's what I've been saying for 10 years

uh oh, here comes a Bring back Toine thread...

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 08:20:43 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I'm a Celtic fan. I sometimes love or hate players/coaches but will always love the the team. People come and go, that's the NBA business. Pierce will always have a place in my Celtic heart, but if he or anyone else is traded, that's just the NBA.

I'll Co-sign here.

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 08:22:19 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
employee number 8 was a pretty [dang] good player back in the day.

that's what I've been saying for 10 years

uh oh, here comes a Bring back Toine thread...

My son started going to games with me when he was 5, this was the third or fourth year of our season tickets. Antoine was our favorite player.

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 08:22:49 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Just watched that entire 4th quarter of the NJ comeback. Man was Pierce quick. And for all the grief he gets, employee number 8 was a pretty [dang] good player back in the day.

Yeah he was, too...I remember the game against the Wiz when A Walk lit them up for 49 points, in Washington...he was like 20-26..hit some threes, guy was on fire...doing his Wiggle..he single-handedly won that game for us.

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2010, 06:39:39 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Anyone who plays like 79 games after being stabbed about a dozen times is ok in my book.

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2010, 07:24:18 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Aw, there's no such thing as too much Pierce love. He stuck with the Celtics through the worst of the worst and came out the other side with a title. He's been with the Celtics his whole career at a time when that just doesn't happen (excepting Kobe, Duncan, Dirk, and big Z).

But I do take your point that old man Ray has been the only one healthy enough to show up for every game this year. But if there's no Pierce and a one-legged-maybe KG going forward, it doesn't matter how healthy Ray manages to keep himself... the Celtics aren't winning with or without him.

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2010, 07:43:53 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
If anyone is traded it will be Ray due to lack of production. If he can't make wide open 3's he's useless.  He's also battling House for worst defender on the team. 

I'll take a 1 legged KG and Pierce on 1 foot over Ray at his current state.

I have no doubt in my mind if an offer is on the table for Ray he'll be headed out of town.  Anyone that's watched the C's for 5 mins can see the weak spot on the team.  Sadly, I don't think anyone is going to bite for sporadic 3 pt shooter who makes 18m.

In regards to Paul he'll be retiring a C.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 07:50:45 AM by Birdbrain »
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2010, 08:49:45 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Of course they will bite on Ray Allen.  It's an expiring 19 million, and a number of teams are desperate to shed salary, either to get under the cap to sign a marquee free agent, or because the team is deeply in the red.

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2010, 09:01:21 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Pierce is the only one of the elder Celtics this year that i thought has NOT shown signs of decline.

Take your Sugar Ray Shades off and watch the games. The guy is playing hurt and practically throwing up a career year in terms of efficiency.

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2010, 10:30:12 AM »

Offline rayallen1934

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Pierce is the only one of the elder Celtics this year that i thought has NOT shown signs of decline.

Take your Sugar Ray Shades off and watch the games. The guy is playing hurt and practically throwing up a career year in terms of efficiency.

take your pierce shades off and realize that the 32 year old pierce is having a tough time on ISO's nowadays...thus shooting  way more threes ... luckily pierce is shooting great from three point land this year... actually shooting pretty out of his mind.

You want to deny it fine. Pierce is only going to get worse from here on out. It happens when your body isnt good enough to run with the younger guys. 34 aint old but in the NBA it is a loss of a step.

Pierce might be efficient this year, but hes definently losing his capability to be a take over player.

More and more iso's will be called while Ray Allen sits on the corner

More and more Rajon Rondo will dribble dribble while Ray Allen sits on the corner

This aint the same team as it was during the championship run.

Doc Rivers cant play Ray Allen 39 minutes a game and not run plays for him while allowing Rondo to dribble the ball all day. Rondo is taking too much responsibility and its backfiring on the squad.

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2010, 10:40:44 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

take your pierce shades off and realize that the 32 year old pierce is having a tough time on ISO's nowadays...thus shooting  way more threes ... luckily pierce is shooting great from three point land this year... actually shooting pretty out of his mind.

You want to deny it fine. Pierce is only going to get worse from here on out. It happens when your body isnt good enough to run with the younger guys. 34 aint old but in the NBA it is a loss of a step.

Pierce might be efficient this year, but hes definently losing his capability to be a take over player.

More and more Rajon Rondo will dribble dribble while Ray Allen sits on the corner

Doc Rivers cant play Ray Allen 39 minutes a game and not run plays for him while allowing Rondo to dribble the ball all day. Rondo is taking too much responsibility and its backfiring on the squad.

Ray Allen is missing shots. Bunnies he is usually automatic from and threes. He is in a slump. He'll probably get out of it soon I have no doubt. I love Ray Allen.

But for you to try to allign Ray's struggles with Paul Pierce is rediculous. Yes he is 32 years old and it is "great" analysis on your part that he will get older and probably slower. He is still taking it to the bucket though and getting to the line. Maybe not as much as he used to but then again this offense is predicated on spacing and does not call for that all the time. I definitely dont see Pierce having "trouble" getting by guys on isos at all. Everyone here knows that the Celts need an heir apparent to Paul Pierce in the next 1-2 years. What has become even more obvious this year however is that Ray Ray cannot be counted on (as of yet) to provide consistent shooting.

By the way your posts on this blog are pretty irritating. At one point in another thread you said everyone here had no intelligence. I mean aren't there Ray Allen blogs out there? You clearly are no fan of the Celtics.

Edit: And by the way Ray is not sitting in the corner. Doc has tried to get him involved by running him off of screens every game but he is just missing at this point.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:50:13 AM by Greenbean »

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2010, 10:50:48 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
Of course they will bite on Ray Allen.  It's an expiring 19 million, and a number of teams are desperate to shed salary, either to get under the cap to sign a marquee free agent, or because the team is deeply in the red.

Let's hope. 
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2010, 10:53:08 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff

ISO's for Ray Allen .. so you can watch him fall down or turn it over?  Ugh no.  Just run off screens and hopefully make wide open shots Ray.  Anything else is gravy.  Heck Paul's even been a better FT shooter this year. lol
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10