Author Topic: 2015-16 EPL Season  (Read 72089 times)

Re: 2015-16 EPL Season
« Reply #360 on: February 14, 2016, 08:09:23 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I can't believe they have such a big game so early in the day. Awful.

Worried for Arsenal. Desperately want Wenger to win another league title.

Do not like the way Arsenal have started the 2nd half. Look really edgy. Not keeping possession of the ball well. Are being forced into Leicester's style of play. Lots of high balls. Quick counter attacks.

Wow, that was two quick yellows. Bad luck for Leicester. Stupid holding foul by Simpson.

It is amazing how easily Leicester are getting Jamie Vardy in one-on-ones against Bellerin off of Arsenal corners. That shouldn't be happening. Wenger needs to change that. Get a 2nd defender back there to help Bellerin.

Bad substitution by Ranieri. Shouldn't be taking off Mahrez. Too valuable. Causing Arsenal all types of problems down that right wing. It is too early to go all-defensive. Ranieri going to cost Leicester the match with this sub.

I'd take Ozil off. I don't think he is good in this situation. Not enough space to play through the middle here. Ozil wants too much time on the ball and he is not getting it. I'd bring Campbell on and move Alexis into the middle.

I missed the Coquelin substitute. I don't like that. Ox and Ramsey as central mids. Both of those guys need freedom to get forward. They need a holding mid next to them. I don't like the balance of this Arsenal midfield right now. Vulnerable to counter attacks. Lack the ball-players to switch the play when attacks break down so will lose possession quicker and more often than they should. Playing into Leicester's hands.

..... and it works brilliantly for Arsenal. Goal Walcott !!!

Take off Ozil. Please. Sloppy touches. He is too tired.

Ohhh ... so close. Mertesacker. So close.
Ohhhhhh ... now Giroud. Great save. Unbelievable.

Giroud is fantastic. Look at that sprint in the 89th minute to get down the flank and put in a cross. That is wonderful fitness and work-rate. Out-working all of Arsenal's other forwards (Welbeck, Walcott, Alexis). Big strong target man but doing so much running.

.... Welbeck !!! 2-1 Arsenal !!

I love Danny Welbeck. Such an underrated player.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 08:53:52 AM by Who »

« Reply #361 on: February 14, 2016, 08:44:11 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The extra man has been vital for Arsenal, they completely taken over the game. But they're still missing their chances.

Oh. That was a great save by Casper Schmeichel.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #362 on: February 14, 2016, 08:54:04 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
ARGH! ARGH!

DANNY WELBECK! WELCOME FREAKING BACK!

« Reply #363 on: February 14, 2016, 08:54:34 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Fantastic. Delighted for Arsene Wenger and Arsenal.

« Reply #364 on: February 14, 2016, 08:57:24 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
What a way to lose for Leicester. Recklessness.

They just have been reckless in the 2nd half, losing a man, and giving up a free kick that ended up the winner.

Will their discipline prevent them from winning the league?

« Reply #365 on: February 14, 2016, 02:59:41 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
North London owns Valentines Day.

Christian Eriksen made the title race a lot more interesting.

« Reply #366 on: February 14, 2016, 03:06:36 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
That was a big win for Tottenham.  They were very fortunate to get that penalty though.

« Reply #367 on: February 14, 2016, 04:17:09 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Mark Clattenburg kinda ruined my birthday by giving away that penalty to Tottenham. That's two consecutive losses for City. They have to pull themselves together because the CHL is right around the corner :o
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #368 on: February 14, 2016, 04:37:37 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Fantastic win for tottenham, this is a game the team of a few years ago would have closed up shop and turtled  after conceding late. 

Love this team and this is with Jan on the bench. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #369 on: February 15, 2016, 05:25:24 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Mark Clattenburg kinda ruined my birthday by giving away that penalty to Tottenham. That's two consecutive losses for City. They have to pull themselves together because the CHL is right around the corner :o

Sorry about your birthday, but I hope you were able to enjoy the rest of it.  As a City fan, I fully expect Dynamo Kiev to turn us over on the 23rd in the Ukrainian capital.  At this point, qualification for next season's CL is the only thing I care about. 

The parlous state of "refereeing" in the English game is destroying it for the supporters.  The urgent need for inclusion of video technology is beyond question.  It will be interesting to see how that fares in the Championship next season...

« Reply #370 on: February 28, 2016, 11:28:08 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Nothing against all the Arsenal fans on here but I really don't want them to win the league because Piers Morgan.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #371 on: February 28, 2016, 12:48:25 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Nothing against all the Arsenal fans on here but I really don't want them to win the league because Piers Morgan.

With the way they played on defence today, I doubt that they will. Disappointing effort.

LOL, Theo Walcott. He gave the ball away within the Man United final third, and then just did nothing and watched the rest of the way until that kid scored the first goal.

Alexis has turned into someone I can't recognize. Giving the ball away too much. Gabriel still needs to learn a ton, and Mertesacker is not a good option either.

I know there's about 33 points left available, but this is disheartening. United is a shell of a team with their injuries, and we allowed 3 goals. And to add insult to injury, Tottenham got their 3 points after being down a goal early. They are closing in on the title.

« Reply #372 on: February 28, 2016, 01:16:43 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I thought Arsenal would lose today against Man Utd.

That loss against Barcelona was demoralizing. Hard to get yourself back up in time to be ready for the weekend game. Man Utd on a good little run themselves. On the opposite end of the morale scales. Running high.

Even with the injuries, I thought Man Utd would be a tough opponent for Arsenal. You can say some unflattering things about Van Gaal's Man United but one thing you can say is that they are not well organized. Exactly the type of team that can bother Arsenal. Can stay compact and whack them on the break.

Arsenal still missing Cazorla and Wilshere. There is a huge difference to their central midfield when those guys aren't there to help Ozil and provide the team with direction and creative passing. Much easier to stifle Arsenal's central attacks.

And then you add in Arsenal struggling for goals lately and the poor play of their wide players and they looked set for (another) fall ...

Credit to United. They deserved their victory.

Arsene Wenger I thought a made a mistake keeping that 4-2-3-1 shape. He needs to be more willing to change shape when he has players missing. That midfield was not good enough / creative enough. Then he puts Welbeck out there on the right wing leaving his team with only one good one-on-one player (Alexis Sanchez) so now his team have a deficit in creative passing and in one-on-one play.

Arsenal are blowing the best chance they have had to win the league in years. Frustrating.

« Reply #373 on: February 28, 2016, 01:30:55 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
League Cup final between Liverpool and Man City has been lousy.

I hate the way Man City lined up. Played Toure and Fernando deep but then go with D.Silva as #10 and Fernandinho as RM. That has led to Aguero being separated from his midfield most of the game because there is no pace in that midfield outside of Sterling. Which is a huge problem for Man City because Klopp's sides do a brilliant job of shutting down space in the middle of the pitch and make life horrible for teams that try to play slow passing football through the middle. So Man City's attack has been brutally bad.

Then there is Liverpool who I don't find enjoyable at all to watch since Klopp took over. Their attacking football has become so basic. It is amazing to me how much worse they have gotten attacking wise since Brendan Rodgers left the club.

Daniel Sturridge has been really good. Some lovely turns. Sparking Liverpool into life.

Bad match on the whole. Disappointing since these are two well-talented sides. Hopefully this late Liverpool goal sending the game into Extra-Time will bring the game into life.

« Reply #374 on: March 02, 2016, 04:49:52 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The Arsenal collapse has begun. Can't say I'm surprised...

I feel bad for Mesut Ozil.