Author Topic: 2015-16 EPL Season  (Read 72121 times)

Re: 2015-16 EPL Season
« Reply #315 on: December 28, 2015, 08:04:02 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
The rumour is that mc offers 25m contract to Pep..... I find it hard to believe....

I heard 18m £ for The Pep. 

« Reply #316 on: December 28, 2015, 08:08:56 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
VGaal didn`t attend the training today ... Looks like he is home packing.

Who do you believe they will bring in?

There seems to be some talk that United have never fancied Mou, but now, the landscape has changed, so who knows?  They turned him down for Moyes once, so there must be something to that! 

I'd be careful if I were United.  Personally, I wouldn't trust Mou to come manage any club of mine right now.  He needs to get his head screwed on properly before he'll manage at the highest level again.  Just my two cents, though. 

« Reply #317 on: December 28, 2015, 08:14:17 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
VGaal didn`t attend the training today ... Looks like he is home packing.

Who do you believe they will bring in?

I think they`ll follow the Chelsea way and get a coach till the end of the season.
Giggs most probably ... Then i hope they can get Pep but if Giggs manages to qualify to the CL i won`t be surprised if they keep him

I used to be big fan of Mou . I liked his attitude cause he could also deliver .. But lately he is more of a talker than a doer....

Giggs?  I think they should go out and get someone young but experienced who can rebuild the footballing infrastructure and institute a new, more modern style of play.  Frank de Boer comes to mind, but even someone like a Laudrup or Koeman, etc. might do.  If you simply have to win as quickly as possible, why not make a huge offer to Ancelotti, in my opinion the best manager on the planet?! 

Oh wait, here's a great name for you, now that I think about it:  Diego Simeone!  He'd be a fabulous choice to bring United forward, and his players both graft and entertain. 

« Reply #318 on: December 28, 2015, 01:11:57 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Ancelotti has agreed with Bayern. He is great managing primadonas .. MU imho needs someone who can bring back excitement and i don`t think they can get someone like that now. Giggs although not tested and possibly not good enough to be a coach is legend and he will rally everyone around him

Simeone is also  a good great option but i think he will end up with chelsea

« Reply #319 on: December 28, 2015, 01:14:04 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
keep LVG at MU!!!!  #YNWA ;)

« Reply #320 on: December 28, 2015, 01:23:56 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Per Mertesacker possibly had the funniest miss of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQI_DjQRMlg

Okay, how come I can't embed the video? Am I doing something wrong?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #321 on: December 28, 2015, 01:26:38 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Per Mertesacker possibly had the funniest miss of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQI_DjQRMlg

Okay, how come I can't embed the video? Am I doing something wrong?

mib will have a field day with that

« Reply #322 on: December 28, 2015, 01:44:00 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Courtois VS DeGea...... amazing saves by both keepers so far

« Reply #323 on: December 28, 2015, 02:14:08 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
How did rooney missed that .............?????????????? HOW ????????!???!?

« Reply #324 on: December 28, 2015, 02:38:25 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Chelsea were terrible for most of that game. That first half was awful. No pressure on the ball whatsoever. Made it so so easy for Man Utd but Man Utd didn't take enough risks on the ball and failed to capitalize. Improved in the 2nd half but only played well for 10-15 minutes. Then did nothing for final 10-15 minutes.

Formation was terrible. No striker. Couldn't keep hold of the ball long enough to bring Hazard into the game. Not enough bodies running to join Hazard in attack. Nightmare of a situation for Hazard. How do you expect him to play well in those circumstances?

Very pleased with Mikel. Looks a man in full confidence with Hiddink back in charge. Showing much more energy. More running. A bit more ambition on the ball (although still not a lot). Matic, Pedro and Zouma were impressive as well.

I don't know how much credit to give to Man United for their good play. I thought Chelsea's terrible pressure on the ball made life very easy for Man Utd. Especially Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin. I didn't think United's front 4 did enough with the service they were getting. Martial looked good. Rooney held up the ball well but did little else. Mata and Herrera had moments but not enough of them. I wonder how well United would have actually done if Chelsea showed up today.

Not happy with the 0-0. I don't think either team should be happy with it. Very winnable game for both teams but both failed to do enough to take it. 

I heard the commentators say this was the 6th 0-0 at Old Trafford for Van Gaal already this season + this is the 19th game that Man United have failed to score under Van Gaal now.

« Reply #325 on: December 28, 2015, 07:05:58 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Ancelotti has agreed with Bayern. He is great managing primadonas .. MU imho needs someone who can bring back excitement and i don`t think they can get someone like that now. Giggs although not tested and possibly not good enough to be a coach is legend and he will rally everyone around him

Simeone is also  a good great option but i think he will end up with chelsea

Maybe, but there has been a lot of chatter recently that Simeone has little desire to place his head on Roman's rather frequently used chopping block. 

« Reply #326 on: December 28, 2015, 07:51:11 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I don't think Simeone will go anywhere. I think the timing is wrong. I think Simeone would have left a year or two ago if the right offer came along but I think he is more entrenched in Atletico than ever before.

Simeone has rebuilt that team. More attacking options than ever before. Exciting young talents coming through. Firmly established Atletico as one of the top sides in Europe. Club is backing him financially. Able to keep hold of key individuals (Godin, Griezmann) last summer unlike in past years (Costa, Falcao). Playing style is evolving and more attractive than before.

Plus, I don't think England is that big of an allure for Simeone. I think going to Italy is of more interest to him because he played there and speaks the language ... only none of the teams are in as good of a situation as Atletico. He has an emotional connection to some of those teams like Inter. Unlike with the English teams (no spiritual connection).

I think there is some interest in managing in England but not enough at this time for Simeone to leave the beautiful situation he has created in Atletico. In previous years, before he had rebuilt the team and players were leaving ... I think Simeone was much closer to leaving.

« Reply #327 on: December 29, 2015, 02:17:44 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Simeone in Madrid is more than a God and Atletico is 1000% his creation but the paycheck he can get in EPL is unreal. It`s not easy to reject that kind of money. But i agree  the wise thing would be to stay there

« Reply #328 on: December 29, 2015, 03:22:03 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
They are currently 5th in the table, despite as you said, spent a ton of money to get players.

He could not make Angel di Maria work? Really? You can't make a World Class player work for your squad? He's thriving at PSG right now.

He signed Rojo and Blind and refuse to play them to their natural positions. 

And true, it's a young team, a young team he paid for. Depay, Martial and Darmian costed United £79 million (per Sky Sports), that's not counting Martial's potential increase to up to £56 million. You can make the case that there may not have been any available proven talent out there, but that doesn't justify spending over £80 million on Martial and Depay, who has potential, but clearly isn't worth that much money.

A team that spent that much should not lose to Norwich and Bournemouth, and be fighting for a Europa spot. And a team like that should not have a Champions League Group Stage exit, especially when their competition is Wolfsburg and PSV.

Sure they're doing a lot of positives, but for such an expensive team, they can't be 9 points behind the league leaders.

Di Maria never wanted to be there. Have you any idea how Manchester looks compared to Madrid or Paris? He even said in an interview he never even left his house because it was terrible there. He still played somewhat ok, until his home was raided by robbers, which was precisely the point when his performance fell off a cliff.

The rest is just the typical "Ermagerd he spent so much moneh" drivel. Which part of "the team sucked and needed an overhaul and is now very, very young" do you not understand? This idea that you just have to spend 200 million on a few top stars and then you win the league is football manager nonsense, that's not how it works.

And again, even if that 250 million figure was even remotely fair, it's nothing compared to what teams like Man City have spent. De Bruyne €74 million, Sterling €63 million, Otamendi €45 million just this summer alone. Last season Mangala €54 million, Bony 32€ million. Half of these guys don't even play and just warm the bench.

Some more MU stats otherwise we are just cherrypicking

24/10 till 19/12 MU has 7 (SEVEN) on target attempts .. dead last... The Spurs (first) have 30 ... in 8 games 7 shots on target

MU needs +72 pass per goal and before you think about Barcelona ,MU is the first in BACKWARDS passes. The difference between MU and the second Arsenal is the same as between Arsenal and the 15nth Chrystal Palace

The next worse team in passes/goal is Newcastle with ~56.... the difference is same as between the first Leicester (32) and the 10nth WBA

The goal per game ration is the worst since 1990

So this team defends (usually) well , scores just over a goal per game , plays constantly the ball backwards or sideways and rarely threatens the other keeper has spent more than 250m pounds (that`s over 372m usd or 340m euro)   but it`s the press to be blamed.....

pass per goal = directly linked to the amount of goals you score, not the coach's fault
goal per game ratio = the same
backwards passes = if you box your opponent into the final third more than anyone else, but your strikers can't get in postion, they're bound to increase.

Which is precisely Man U's problem, and not the coach's fault.

But yeah, keep harping on about a fantasy sum of money and stats out of context you don't even seem to understand. The hacks at goal.com would be proud of you. Talk about cherry-picking.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #329 on: December 29, 2015, 05:46:08 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
They are currently 5th in the table, despite as you said, spent a ton of money to get players.

He could not make Angel di Maria work? Really? You can't make a World Class player work for your squad? He's thriving at PSG right now.

He signed Rojo and Blind and refuse to play them to their natural positions. 

And true, it's a young team, a young team he paid for. Depay, Martial and Darmian costed United £79 million (per Sky Sports), that's not counting Martial's potential increase to up to £56 million. You can make the case that there may not have been any available proven talent out there, but that doesn't justify spending over £80 million on Martial and Depay, who has potential, but clearly isn't worth that much money.

A team that spent that much should not lose to Norwich and Bournemouth, and be fighting for a Europa spot. And a team like that should not have a Champions League Group Stage exit, especially when their competition is Wolfsburg and PSV.

Sure they're doing a lot of positives, but for such an expensive team, they can't be 9 points behind the league leaders.

Di Maria never wanted to be there. Have you any idea how Manchester looks compared to Madrid or Paris? He even said in an interview he never even left his house because it was terrible there. He still played somewhat ok, until his home was raided by robbers, which was precisely the point when his performance fell off a cliff.

The rest is just the typical "Ermagerd he spent so much moneh" drivel. Which part of "the team sucked and needed an overhaul and is now very, very young" do you not understand? This idea that you just have to spend 200 million on a few top stars and then you win the league is football manager nonsense, that's not how it works.

And again, even if that 250 million figure was even remotely fair, it's nothing compared to what teams like Man City have spent. De Bruyne €74 million, Sterling €63 million, Otamendi €45 million just this summer alone. Last season Mangala €54 million, Bony 32€ million. Half of these guys don't even play and just warm the bench.

Some more MU stats otherwise we are just cherrypicking

24/10 till 19/12 MU has 7 (SEVEN) on target attempts .. dead last... The Spurs (first) have 30 ... in 8 games 7 shots on target

MU needs +72 pass per goal and before you think about Barcelona ,MU is the first in BACKWARDS passes. The difference between MU and the second Arsenal is the same as between Arsenal and the 15nth Chrystal Palace

The next worse team in passes/goal is Newcastle with ~56.... the difference is same as between the first Leicester (32) and the 10nth WBA

The goal per game ration is the worst since 1990

So this team defends (usually) well , scores just over a goal per game , plays constantly the ball backwards or sideways and rarely threatens the other keeper has spent more than 250m pounds (that`s over 372m usd or 340m euro)   but it`s the press to be blamed.....

pass per goal = directly linked to the amount of goals you score, not the coach's fault
goal per game ratio = the same
backwards passes = if you box your opponent into the final third more than anyone else, but your strikers can't get in postion, they're bound to increase.

Which is precisely Man U's problem, and not the coach's fault.

But yeah, keep harping on about a fantasy sum of money and stats out of context you don't even seem to understand. The hacks at goal.com would be proud of you. Talk about cherry-picking.

Moan you all want about his post, it's the United "faithful" who are demanding LVG's head on a platter.  Maybe the reason is because they see that Arsenal and Man City have defined styles of play, intelligently designed player development programs/systems and coherent organizational ethoses.  This, in stark contrast to the scattergun approach to wasting £££ that we've seen from MU ever since SAF retired. 

Have a lovely day, by the way...