Author Topic: 2015-16 EPL Season  (Read 72707 times)

Re: 2015-16 EPL Season
« Reply #300 on: December 22, 2015, 01:42:57 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
It's scary to think how good Man City will be with Guardiola in charge.

I think they are going to open up a big gap between them and the rest of the competition (Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool).

Runaway title winners for next few years.
I agree! And if City can keep Kompany and Aguero injury free they might be a legit contender for winning the Champions League with Guardiola in charge.

I'm a City fan, so I know that will happen directly after pigs grow wings and fly, en masse, to the Moon.
I know, and it's a shame :'( I just hope that Kompany will return soon, because his presence has been missed a lot. Both Mangala and Demichelis have been awful so far.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #301 on: December 22, 2015, 01:45:26 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
So, if you're Leicester (did I spell that right?), I know for sure you're not selling Riyadh Mahrez (not yet anyway), but if there's a big offer for Jamie Vardy, do you sell him?
I wouldn't.
If it aint broke, don't fix it ;D! Leicester should build their team around Vardy and Mahrez, as they have got something special going there.

But Vardy is 28, and his value could not be anymore higher. Are you sure you don't want to cash in?

I mean, yeah, they are on the top of the table now, and could stay on top, or could not. If United offers £30 million or more for him, are you sure you won't cash in?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #302 on: December 23, 2015, 05:21:32 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
So, if you're Leicester (did I spell that right?), I know for sure you're not selling Riyadh Mahrez (not yet anyway), but if there's a big offer for Jamie Vardy, do you sell him?

Not if you want to finish in a CL spot. 

« Reply #303 on: December 23, 2015, 05:28:28 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
It's scary to think how good Man City will be with Guardiola in charge.

I think they are going to open up a big gap between them and the rest of the competition (Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool).

Runaway title winners for next few years.
I agree! And if City can keep Kompany and Aguero injury free they might be a legit contender for winning the Champions League with Guardiola in charge.

I'm a City fan, so I know that will happen directly after pigs grow wings and fly, en masse, to the Moon.
I know, and it's a shame :'( I just hope that Kompany will return soon, because his presence has been missed a lot. Both Mangala and Demichelis have been awful so far.

None of the central defenders has played consistently well.  However, I believe that is a function of big issues in central midfield.  Look at Walcott's goal and keep your eye on Yaya all the way to the finish.  It's the story of our season so far.  Furthermore, it's suicide to continually play with such a high back line when there is insufficient pressing of the opposition. 

If The Pep comes to MCFC next season, these issues should be addressed, even corrected.  I think that Silva, Nasri, Bony and Yaya are ill-suited for Guardiola's system.  Vinny the Vacationer may well be moved on, also, but for other reasons.  Better fasten your seatbelt... ;)

« Reply #304 on: December 23, 2015, 05:56:27 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

That's true, but if the rumors of a £30 million Chelsea offer becomes reality, no way Leicester would pass on that, won't they?

£30 million!?

« Reply #305 on: December 23, 2015, 09:21:04 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

That's true, but if the rumors of a £30 million Chelsea offer becomes reality, no way Leicester would pass on that, won't they?

£30 million!?

I don't know exactly what the financial position of the club is, but they are owned by a consortium of Thai businessmen who, I understand, have no shortage of capital.  If there is no urgent need to sell Vardy and/or Mahrez, why not keep them and try to win the title?  The PL is wide open this season and the top spot is there for any club with the wherewithal to seize it. 

Qualification for the CL next season will bring what, 15 million pounds at least?  Add in the new PL telly contract and I would hope that they keep their best players and make a few shrewd deals to add some players in the summer.  Selling a top player now hammers home the fact that the club is not committed to winning the PL this season, and that will inevitably be reflected in a lower standard of play.  You see this time and again in Euro club footy.

« Reply #306 on: December 26, 2015, 11:36:34 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

£30 million!?

I don't know exactly what the financial position of the club is, but they are owned by a consortium of Thai businessmen who, I understand, have no shortage of capital.  If there is no urgent need to sell Vardy and/or Mahrez, why not keep them and try to win the title?  The PL is wide open this season and the top spot is there for any club with the wherewithal to seize it. 

Qualification for the CL next season will bring what, 15 million pounds at least?  Add in the new PL telly contract and I would hope that they keep their best players and make a few shrewd deals to add some players in the summer.  Selling a top player now hammers home the fact that the club is not committed to winning the PL this season, and that will inevitably be reflected in a lower standard of play.  You see this time and again in Euro club footy.

All great points, but the idea here is that Vardy is about to be 29 by the January window, and his value would never be higher. There's still a possibility of being able to compete for a CL spot using the money they can accumulate for selling Jamie Vardy, replacing him. At £30 million pounds (assuming the rumors are accurate), that's a lot of money to spend not only for a replacement striker (may not be as good, but could still be enough quality) AND one or a couple more signing to bolster the squad even more.

At £30 million pounds, that's enough for Charlie Austin (although, he is injured at the moment so probably not a good idea). Maybe Saido Berahino, who was excellent last year and was out of favor this year, and still young and still has promise. And with that, they could add another signing. Maybe a young, promising player, like what they had in Riyad Mahrez.

Or they can splurge and sign someone of quality. They are at the top of the table, so they can entice someone to come for sure.

« Reply #307 on: December 26, 2015, 05:03:48 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
So, we showed a very convincing performance vs Manchester City, and then allow 4 goals vs Southampton...

Typical Arsenal.

« Reply #308 on: December 27, 2015, 10:37:39 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
VGaal didn`t attend the training today ... Looks like he is home packing.

« Reply #309 on: December 27, 2015, 03:05:16 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
So, we showed a very convincing performance vs Manchester City, and then allow 4 goals vs Southampton...

Typical Arsenal.

Typical City, also... ;)  Great one week and abysmal the next.  There are no dominant clubs in the EPL this season, and the title race, as well as all the CL AND EL spots are all up for grabs.  Not so great if you are a fan of a truly fine club like Arsenal or City, but wonderful for the neutrals and I have to admit that even I find it quite exciting and a bit enticing. 

I predict that with the new television money coming in, relative parity will continue.  Terrible, terrible time to be relegated from the PL; feel badly for fans of clubs like Sunderland and Villa.  Maybe they can dig themselves out.

« Reply #310 on: December 27, 2015, 03:10:35 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

£30 million!?

All great points, but the idea here is that Vardy is about to be 29 by the January window, and his value would never be higher. There's still a possibility of being able to compete for a CL spot using the money they can accumulate for selling Jamie Vardy, replacing him. At £30 million pounds (assuming the rumors are accurate), that's a lot of money to spend not only for a replacement striker (may not be as good, but could still be enough quality) AND one or a couple more signing to bolster the squad even more.

At £30 million pounds, that's enough for Charlie Austin (although, he is injured at the moment so probably not a good idea). Maybe Saido Berahino, who was excellent last year and was out of favor this year, and still young and still has promise. And with that, they could add another signing. Maybe a young, promising player, like what they had in Riyad Mahrez.

Or they can splurge and sign someone of quality. They are at the top of the table, so they can entice someone to come for sure.

Also great points, Yoki, but sorry, I'd still keep both of them.  Don't know Vardy's contract status, but I'd still be inclined to keep him.  Even if they bring in 30 million for new players (I'd demand 35-38 million for Vardy, not a penny less), the way the team plays would have to be rejiggered and there would likely be a drop in form.  The Foxes, unlike ALL their pursuers in the table have NO Euro football at all, and that should give them a tremendous advantage.  Also, Tinkerman is a vastly experienced manager who has been at his best handling players when his clubs are faring well. 

I don't believe they will win the title, but I'd be shocked if they don't finish in the top 4 this season. 

« Reply #311 on: December 27, 2015, 03:11:25 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Who do you believe they will bring in? 

« Reply #312 on: December 27, 2015, 10:00:09 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

« Reply #313 on: December 28, 2015, 04:04:47 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff

I think they`ll follow the Chelsea way and get a coach till the end of the season.
Giggs most probably ... Then i hope they can get Pep but if Giggs manages to qualify to the CL i won`t be surprised if they keep him

I used to be big fan of Mou . I liked his attitude cause he could also deliver .. But lately he is more of a talker than a doer....

« Reply #314 on: December 28, 2015, 07:01:15 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
The rumour is that mc offers 25m contract to Pep..... I find it hard to believe....