Author Topic: Celtics (4-8) at Spurs (9-1) Game #13 11/20  (Read 58069 times)

Re: Celtics (4-8) at Spurs (9-1) Game #13 11/20
« Reply #360 on: November 21, 2013, 07:17:41 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I doubt we can play much better, Bradley, Green and Sully all had 19 right.   Our talent level is low compared to a team like the Spurs.

« Reply #361 on: November 21, 2013, 12:16:14 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
You all practically said the same thing and I think we can all agree......we have some building blocks, they just don't all play together well yet. KO has a habit of being lazy when he passes the ball, he threw the ball away three times last night and sometimes looks very awkward going to the basket.I think with a little bulk and practice he is a great building block.
Sullinger is even more advanced then KO and the two of them combined will make a great rebounding tandem in the near future. Sully might need to shed a few pounds.
I wish I could pen in Jeff Green as a third piece but I just don't know about him mentally. he just doesn't seem to have his head in the game.
Pressey is another guy I'm not sure of, he tries to do too much and makes too many turnovers. he's got some good things going for him but I'm just not sold on him sticking around.
I am altering my prior thoughts on tanking because Stevens is still experimenting with rotations so you might as well consider it sneaky tanking.
getting back to the players...there is no doubt in my mind that crawford, if used properly and not allowed to get out of control, can be a spark plug off the bench when Rondo returns. Bradley is a keeper just for his defense and lately he's really hitting that mid range jumper.

For the present time I like Vitor and Hump as backups for KO and Sully but these guys have got to all get on the same page.
Bass can hit that mid range jumper all day long but he passes the shot up too many times when it's available. he's got to learn to pull the trigger quicker.
Wallace, Lee, Brooks and Bogens are all expendable. it would be sweet to package these guys up in a trade for someone like JJ Redick.
The biggest delemma on this team right now is Jeff Green. The guy is so up and down, I think it's all mental with him because if you watch him on the floor sometimes he just looks lost and bewidered like he's somewhere else. even in interviews it seems like he's drifting off someplace else.
The Celtics have to make a decision on the direction they're going with him real soon.

Because of the pieces we have now and the draft picks that will be available I seriously look for the Celtics to make the playoffs next year and be a powerhouse in two years!!!

« Reply #362 on: November 21, 2013, 04:31:25 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
oh well. we will find out what happens next game. ;)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #363 on: November 22, 2013, 01:28:44 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
oh well. we will find out what happens next game. ;)

I think it will take a little bit more than next game for these guys to get it together.  but any improvment each game gets us closer to where we want to be...on top of the Atlantic Division and in the hunt for #18