Author Topic: It’s all a big swerve  (Read 3616 times)

Re: It’s all a big swerve
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2019, 02:49:43 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
In a series of posts to his story, Irving chronicled his arrival in Japan, during which he tells someone off camera that he is shooting a documentary. When asked where he was from, Irving opted to answer with his home state of “New Jersey” as opposed to “Boston” or “the United States.” 2 hours ago – via Booth Newspapers

Kyrie is gone, but this story is meaningless.

Ask Paul Pierce where he’s from, and my guess is he’d say Inglewood.
Actually and technically he is NOT gone

That’s a distinction without a difference.

He’s gone.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2019, 03:26:37 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
In a series of posts to his story, Irving chronicled his arrival in Japan, during which he tells someone off camera that he is shooting a documentary. When asked where he was from, Irving opted to answer with his home state of “New Jersey” as opposed to “Boston” or “the United States.” 2 hours ago – via Booth Newspapers

Kyrie is gone, but this story is meaningless.

Ask Paul Pierce where he’s from, and my guess is he’d say Inglewood.
Actually and technically he is NOT gone

That’s a distinction without a difference.

He’s gone.

Both of you have this wrong. He is not NOT gone and he is not gone either, HE GONE!

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2019, 11:25:57 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I don't think he is coming back either, but i do think it is possible. If Brooklyn decides they don't want him, he really doesn't have a good option. Major paycut to go play third banana to Davis and Lebron, not likely. Play alongside Knox, Barrett and Robinson in New York? Bizarre and lottery bound. Where else?
Horford too.  Who is giving $114m/4yrs for a 30+ year old?

Worth asking just once before Sunday at 6pm:  What are the odds that both KI and AH are back with the team?

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2019, 11:34:30 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I don't think he is coming back either, but i do think it is possible. If Brooklyn decides they don't want him, he really doesn't have a good option. Major paycut to go play third banana to Davis and Lebron, not likely. Play alongside Knox, Barrett and Robinson in New York? Bizarre and lottery bound. Where else?
Horford too.  Who is giving $114m/4yrs for a 30+ year old?

Worth asking just once before Sunday at 6pm:  What are the odds that both KI and AH are back with the team?

0%

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2019, 11:35:56 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Nobody is gone until free agency starts. Actually free agents don't belong to any team right now. I wouldn't trust anybody in the media except Woj, and he isn't always right.

A clue of Ainge's intentions, maybe, is getting rid of Baynes contract ....he decided to change direction after backing out of the Davis competition. I still feel that was a money situation. Right now, I think he's trying to clear cap space for one splash.

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2019, 12:06:30 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
ROFL you guys with your KI is coming back are flat worlders too! ;D

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2019, 12:19:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
ROFL you guys with your KI is coming back are flat worlders too! ;D

Weird to comment on what a bunch of people thoughts days ago before major changes in the news.

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2019, 12:39:12 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I do think all the media rumors are a big swerve, but I don't see Kyrie back here. Maybe (hopefully) Al, but not Kyrie.

We are in for a possible roster reboot of some sorts this off-season. The last few times that has happened, it has been completely out of the blue with not a whisper about it prior to an hour before it being announced:
-2017 Kyrie trade
-2013 BKN trade
-2007 draft night Ray Allen trade

Boston management has always done an excellent job of keeping huge roster overhauls under sealed lips. So if we do overhaul, I expect it to be something nobody sees coming. Or otherwise, I think it's a quieter off-season.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 12:46:55 PM by action781 »
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2019, 01:28:07 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Even I have come to accept Kyrie is gone. He just did not fall in love with the challenge at hand and is going somewhere that he perceives to be a better fit. I would love to see him return but I know it is negative chances now.