Author Topic: 7'7 Robert Bobroczky. 16 year old. Found our center  (Read 15699 times)

Re: 7'7 Robert Bobroczky. 16 year old. Found our center
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 05:55:01 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
The 2nd kid looks much better physically. People this tall sometimes have other health problems. They fall in a class of "giants."

I once saw Manute Bole in a hotel lobby. He was about 7-6. He looked like a giant step ladder in the middle of the lobby--like a giraffe--just towering way above everybody. It was weird.
When you see these guys on the basketball court, the contrast isn't so great because they are among other very tall guys. They don't appear so tall. But in a hotel lobby, you can spot them instantly--even ones who are 6-6 stand out.

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 06:15:34 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The 2nd kid looks much better physically. People this tall sometimes have other health problems. They fall in a class of "giants."

I once saw Manute Bole in a hotel lobby. He was about 7-6. He looked like a giant step ladder in the middle of the lobby--like a giraffe--just towering way above everybody. It was weird.
When you see these guys on the basketball court, the contrast isn't so great because they are among other very tall guys. They don't appear so tall. But in a hotel lobby, you can spot them instantly--even ones who are 6-6 stand out.
his son is a 5 star recruit in next year's class

https://youtu.be/2pYPvehUe34

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2017, 06:23:33 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I feel bad for him—being that tall and that skinny, and at such a young age, must present a lot of difficulties.

And I don't mean anything bad by this, but something looks wrong with him. He obviously needs to put on a good bit of weight, but also his neck looks too thick for him.

Yeah, something else other than being really tall may be in play. Marfan, gigantism, etc. I wonder what his standing reach is; a lot of his height appears to be neck. Extra vertebrae?

It's extremely rare, but you can have 1 extra vertebrae. At the lumbar position most people have 5, aka L1 -L5, but in rare cases some people have L6. It usually doesn't cause any problems. So extra vertebrae wouldn't be the cause of the poor kids neck. Most humans have 33 vertebrae, so 34 wouldn't be a huge jump.
#JKJB

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 07:06:48 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I feel bad for him—being that tall and that skinny, and at such a young age, must present a lot of difficulties.

And I don't mean anything bad by this, but something looks wrong with him. He obviously needs to put on a good bit of weight, but also his neck looks too thick for him.

Yeah, something else other than being really tall may be in play. Marfan, gigantism, etc. I wonder what his standing reach is; a lot of his height appears to be neck. Extra vertebrae?

It's extremely rare, but you can have 1 extra vertebrae. At the lumbar position most people have 5, aka L1 -L5, but in rare cases some people have L6. It usually doesn't cause any problems. So extra vertebrae wouldn't be the cause of the poor kids neck. Most humans have 33 vertebrae, so 34 wouldn't be a huge jump.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2735568/Chinese-teenager-undergo-surgery-extraordinarily-long-neck.html

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 07:15:48 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2735568/Chinese-teenager-undergo-surgery-extraordinarily-long-neck.html

Very interesting. I guess it's extremely rare to have extra cervical vertebrae. It would be hard to miscount cervical vertebrae on xray. There may be an extra lower cervical vertebrae ie after C7 and before T1 ...a transitional vertebrae. With the lateral hand numbness, it would make sense. The lowest cervical intervertebral nerve root would supply innervation this area of the hand - typically C8 nerve root.

I have heard of almost like a pseudo vertebrae around that area. Basically like out growths of bone that are miscounted or missclassified as vertebrae.

The similarity in their necks is astounding though. It would be a fascinating case study if you ask me haha.
#JKJB

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2017, 08:41:15 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Feel like this became an anatomy class lol. Interesting stuff tho

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2017, 09:12:13 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306

his son is a 5 star recruit in next year's class

https://youtu.be/2pYPvehUe34
He's interesting, but he's nowhere near the prospect the 2018 guys are, IMO.

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2017, 09:18:37 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I did some googling, he was born in Arad, Romania, whicn has a Hungarian minority, and he plays for an Italian team. This explains the language thing. Italian is easy for Romanian speakers, but Hungarian is hard unless you are native.

Other than that, the jump ball in the vid sums it up. The opponent jumps and misses the ball, Bobroczky merely waves his hand without jumping, but throws it out. A huge advantage in terms of height, doesn't translate well until you get strength and coordination.

This vid is also fun to watch and shows him in a slightly better light. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap7YSJcn4cQ

He seems to be a smart and shy person. Wish him the best.

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2018, 02:52:59 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2018, 03:06:14 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
This kid needs to connect with Barkley or Shaq and find out what their daily menu is. He seems uncoordinated and was even walking with a limp. I would worry about him medically but I certainly hope the best for him. Could you imagine Smart boxing this kid out?

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2018, 03:07:03 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
This kid needs to connect with Barkley or Shaq and find out what their daily menu is. He seems uncoordinated and was even walking with a limp. I would worry about him medically but I certainly hope the best for him. Could you imagine Smart boxing this kid out?
New video he says he eats 5k calories and he says he likes eating chicken nuggets ha

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2018, 03:27:57 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

This is true. But even with that being said, they look a lot more imposing live on a basketball court than on TV.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2018, 08:05:46 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
https://youtu.be/OA6x0C6XxcY

He is now Lamelo Balls teammate

My dude was 6'10 at the age of 12... Taller than every Celtic at 12. Lol

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2018, 08:17:45 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Wow i really do feel sorry for him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2018, 08:30:30 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Wow i really do feel sorry for him
Yeah, this was my reaction when I first saw his story. I'm glad he's doing something he enjoys, but I don't see any way he can make it into a high level pro league
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)