Author Topic: Trade Deadline and AD/LeBron are the New Dwight/Kobe  (Read 1856 times)

Trade Deadline and AD/LeBron are the New Dwight/Kobe
« on: July 21, 2019, 01:35:28 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Say the situation in LaLa land goes south and the Lakers are in 9th or 10th place at the deadline. Say word on the street is that AD will opt out and leave LA in free agency in 2020 (like what we experienced with Kyrie). Say we’re middle of the pack and not going to win in 2019-2020, but will make the playoffs no matter what moves we make. In order to create max dollars for AD in July, what moves do you make at the deadline and after the season?

I would simply do the best we can with the team in order to hopefully impress AD with the only possible move being moving Brown for an expiring contract and picks. But I’m not sure what we could do to create the space for AD right after the season, so let’s hear it...

Re: Trade Deadline and AD/LeBron are the New Dwight/Kobe
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 02:07:36 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I think Kyrie’s experience in Boston has ruined any chance Davis would ever come to Boston. In my opinion, that ship has sailed forever.

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 02:10:54 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
I think Kyrie’s experience in Boston has ruined any chance Davis would ever come to Boston. In my opinion, that ship has sailed forever.

I'm glad it has. We should be happy with what we have instead of this constantly wanting someone else.
ok fine

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 02:13:55 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Davis will sign long term with Lakers no matter what
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 02:15:54 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
At this point I think it's probably best to avoid players who are Lebron disciples. Lebron wants to run the franchise. He gets good coaches fired, forces teams to trade picks and young talent for roleplayer and saddles teams with their bad contracts. Then he leaves for greener pastures. It seems like his disciples are trying the same thing.  I am thankful DA didn't cater to KI whims/ego, remember the we need a 10 year vet comment mid-season. 

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 06:09:54 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Davis is either signing longterm with the Lakers or as a long shot go to his hometown Bulls.

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 08:17:12 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
LeBron gets traded before AD

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 09:25:32 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Not quite sure how you come to that conclusion. Kyrie ruined his experience here, no one ruined it for him.

If AD doesn't want to come here it's not because of Kyrie. It's because he goes wherever the wind blows.

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 01:13:09 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 121

Not quite sure how you come to that conclusion. Kyrie ruined his experience here, no one ruined it for him.

If AD doesn't want to come here it's not because of Kyrie. It's because he goes wherever the wind blows.

Actually there were some rumors that it was because he didn't like the way Isaiah Thomas was treated. 

Not sure how much truth there is to that.

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 01:20:24 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 121
I think this original question is a hard one to answer without knowing what happens with the Celtics over that same stretch.

For example, if Gordon Hayward returns to 85%-90% of the guy he was before we signed him, then there's a good chance Boston could probably move Hayward's contract to clear cap space. 

But assuming Hayward has returned to that form, you probably don't WANT to trade him  unless either Tatum or Brown (or both) has made a major step forward, because if they haven't then Hayward may be too important to move.

So it really depends on a lot of things.