Author Topic: NBA gives a ridiculous fine to LAC  (Read 4915 times)

Re: NBA gives a ridiculous fine to LAC
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2019, 10:17:28 AM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
This is what I don't get... Why can't the Clips just suit him up, say he is available but not play him a single minute... Or put him on minutes restriction on back to backs..

The NBA is right that Kawhi technically is not injured.. He plays almost 35 min. Whenever he plays so that itself says he is healthy... In the 80s players play until their legs come off so players nowadays are babied too much.

Using the 80s an excuse kinda gives more credence to rest. Perhaps if they were babied, Bird and McHale couldve given us more years and several more championships.

Also the Clips fine was basically a fine based on their interpretation of Doc's statement.
No one was going to tell Larry Bird he had to sit out for "load management".

Of course, which eventually ended his career prematurely.
^this. It also killed McHale's foot. Bird would've been close to the Mount Rushmore if he aged better (less of a drop off after 87/88 and lasting longer until say 94-96, it would've given him 11-12 MVP calibre seasons plus a few good post-prime seasons as an All-NBA guy), it makes sense for Leonard to do this to boost his longevity (it'll hurt the value of his peak seasons, but he'll have more good post-prime years).
Bird IS on the NBA Mount Rushmore.
Considering that the NBA Mount Rushmore is the top 5 players in NBA history I'd say no, neither is Magic btw.

I smell a new thread.  Who is your top 5?  (Also, wouldn’t Rushmore be top 4?)

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2019, 10:23:06 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
This is what I don't get... Why can't the Clips just suit him up, say he is available but not play him a single minute... Or put him on minutes restriction on back to backs..

The NBA is right that Kawhi technically is not injured.. He plays almost 35 min. Whenever he plays so that itself says he is healthy... In the 80s players play until their legs come off so players nowadays are babied too much.

Using the 80s an excuse kinda gives more credence to rest. Perhaps if they were babied, Bird and McHale couldve given us more years and several more championships.

Also the Clips fine was basically a fine based on their interpretation of Doc's statement.
No one was going to tell Larry Bird he had to sit out for "load management".

Of course, which eventually ended his career prematurely.
^this. It also killed McHale's foot. Bird would've been close to the Mount Rushmore if he aged better (less of a drop off after 87/88 and lasting longer until say 94-96, it would've given him 11-12 MVP calibre seasons plus a few good post-prime seasons as an All-NBA guy), it makes sense for Leonard to do this to boost his longevity (it'll hurt the value of his peak seasons, but he'll have more good post-prime years).
Bird IS on the NBA Mount Rushmore.
Considering that the NBA Mount Rushmore is the top 5 players in NBA history I'd say no, neither is Magic btw.

I smell a new thread.  Who is your top 5?  (Also, wouldn’t Rushmore be top 4?)
Oh yes, apologies for the mistake. And my top 4 is Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, LeBron James, Michael Jordan and Bill Russell. Bird isn't particularly close - I've got a few players outside of this quartet making up the second tier of an "immortal nine" who're head and shoulders above the rest, or at least would require looking at Bird and Magic in the best light possible to have it become an "immortal eleven".
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2019, 10:25:29 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Let's try to keep the talk here on topic.   As much fun as a Rushmore discussion is, let's do that in another thread.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2019, 10:26:35 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Let's try to keep the talk here on topic.   As much fun as a Rushmore discussion is, let's do that in another thread.
Noted, I'll make one right now :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA