Author Topic: Davis calls Chicago 'Mecca Of Basketball', says playing for Bulls is possible  (Read 3799 times)

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Waiting for his I am staying if you will have me speech shortly. Then, as the Titanic approaches its iceberg, talk to me on July 1st and see what happens.

Nothing would be sweeter then to see him bolt the Lakers after failing to win a title with the King.

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Guess he's never seen the banners in Boston? Lol

Anthony Davis entertained the idea of potentially playing for the Chicago Bulls during a Q&A with the boys and girls basketball team from his alma mater Perspectives Charter School.

"Honestly, it's nothing like playing at home. I don't know. ... I mean, I am a free agent next year, but we'll see. It's a possibility," responded Davis when asked whether he would come home and play for the Bulls.

Davis would later describe Chicago as the Mecca of basketball.

'We've got the best basketball players ever. You look at the history with all the guys we've got that made the league and even the guys that didn't make the league. They say New York, but it's not even close," said Davis.

Davis said that he was inspired by Derrick Rose, adding that Rose "kind of gave everyone hope in the city of Chicago for basketball players, and now that's why he gets so much of the love he gets now."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28009283/lakers-anthony-davis-again-teases-possibility-playing-hometown-bulls

More like the mecca of murder.

Been here a decade & haven't been murdered yet.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
He wasn't talking about professional teams, he was talking about the talent coming out of the City and saying Chicago, not New York, should be treated as the city producing the most talent. 

And you do have a pretty darn good team all time with players from Chicago including Isiah Thomas, Dwyane Wade, George Mikan, Tim Hardaway, Mark Aguirre, Dan Issel, Mo Cheeks, Antoine Walker, Doc Rivers (and others) all coached by Mike Krzyweski and of course current players like Davis, Patrick Beverly, Jabari Parker, Derrick Rose.  Lots of talent has come from Chicago.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Talk about pumping up your own city lol. Boston is definitely the city of basketball with how successful the Celtics are+basketball was invented in Boston.

When it comes to producing players, Boston doesn't really hold a candle to the talent that has come out of Chicago.  The history of talent coming out the Chicago area is pretty rich.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

LOL can anyone here imagine the pandemonium in LA if he leaves for CHI? CHI does have some pieces to put around him as well...

LA gave up a TON to get him...mortgaged their future for him.

Magic would be like this if he left

And "I" would LOVE this.

I think the speculation ALONE during this season should provide enough of a distraction for them. Things are good for now, but once the injuries start to occur...and they WILL occur..........

Yeah, ultimately I think the glitz and glamour of LA along with a richer deal will keep Davis in LA. BUT, if he does leave LA high and dry to play in Chicago (or anywhere else), I would dance for joy.

As for Magic, he wouldn't have to worry about anything. He stepped down last April and it was Rob Pelinka that made the trade.

What I'd love to see is the look on Lebron's face if something like this happened (even though it looks like Lebron is back to being Lebron on the court)

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Talk about pumping up your own city lol. Boston is definitely the city of basketball with how successful the Celtics are+basketball was invented in Boston.

When it comes to producing players, Boston doesn't really hold a candle to the talent that has come out of Chicago.  The history of talent coming out the Chicago area is pretty rich.

Yes.  The Seattle/Tacoma area isn't too shabby either.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Oh he can have that, I thought he was talking about the history of basketball in the city.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

That made me laugh out load, thanks TP

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Guess he's never seen the banners in Boston? Lol

Anthony Davis entertained the idea of potentially playing for the Chicago Bulls during a Q&A with the boys and girls basketball team from his alma mater Perspectives Charter School.

"Honestly, it's nothing like playing at home. I don't know. ... I mean, I am a free agent next year, but we'll see. It's a possibility," responded Davis when asked whether he would come home and play for the Bulls.

Davis would later describe Chicago as the Mecca of basketball.

'We've got the best basketball players ever. You look at the history with all the guys we've got that made the league and even the guys that didn't make the league. They say New York, but it's not even close," said Davis.

Davis said that he was inspired by Derrick Rose, adding that Rose "kind of gave everyone hope in the city of Chicago for basketball players, and now that's why he gets so much of the love he gets now."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28009283/lakers-anthony-davis-again-teases-possibility-playing-hometown-bulls

Dang, kind of messed up lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different