Author Topic: Davis calls Chicago 'Mecca Of Basketball', says playing for Bulls is possible  (Read 3800 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Guess he's never seen the banners in Boston? Lol

Anthony Davis entertained the idea of potentially playing for the Chicago Bulls during a Q&A with the boys and girls basketball team from his alma mater Perspectives Charter School.

"Honestly, it's nothing like playing at home. I don't know. ... I mean, I am a free agent next year, but we'll see. It's a possibility," responded Davis when asked whether he would come home and play for the Bulls.

Davis would later describe Chicago as the Mecca of basketball.

'We've got the best basketball players ever. You look at the history with all the guys we've got that made the league and even the guys that didn't make the league. They say New York, but it's not even close," said Davis.

Davis said that he was inspired by Derrick Rose, adding that Rose "kind of gave everyone hope in the city of Chicago for basketball players, and now that's why he gets so much of the love he gets now."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28009283/lakers-anthony-davis-again-teases-possibility-playing-hometown-bulls

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Talk about pumping up your own city lol. Boston is definitely the city of basketball with how successful the Celtics are+basketball was invented in Boston.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Six games into the season, he's already talking about free agent options. Nice locker room guy

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Drama...he is not going anywhere!!!

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I would have a hard time taking this point of view if I were a Laker fan
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
So he's talking to a bunch of school kids in his home town and one asks him if he'll ever come home to play. He responds with by gushing about the hometown team and gives them a definitive maybe- wouldn't rule it out.

Nothing to see here.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

LOL can anyone here imagine the pandemonium in LA if he leaves for CHI? CHI does have some pieces to put around him as well...

LA gave up a TON to get him...mortgaged their future for him.

Magic would be like this if he left

And "I" would LOVE this.

I think the speculation ALONE during this season should provide enough of a distraction for them. Things are good for now, but once the injuries start to occur...and they WILL occur..........

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
So he's talking to a bunch of school kids in his home town and one asks him if he'll ever come home to play. He responds with by gushing about the hometown team and gives them a definitive maybe- wouldn't rule it out.

Nothing to see here.
I think that would be true if he wasn't an impending Unrestricted Free Agent
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114

Nothing to see here.
I'm not so much commenting on his impending free agency as I am on his ultimate destination.

I would not be surprised if he, or any free agent, would leave their current situation when there is a world of opportunity out there.

I was more looking at the thread title, and the implicit suggestion that he's headed to Chicago.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Nothing to see here.
I'm not so much commenting on his impending free agency as I am on his ultimate destination.

I would not be surprised if he, or any free agent, would leave their current situation when there is a world of opportunity out there.

I was more looking at the thread title, and the implicit suggestion that he's headed to Chicago.
But he specifically mentioned his upcoming free agency next summer, so it is significant given he's played a whole 6 games as a Laker.  Yes there is something to see here.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
But he specifically mentioned his upcoming free agency next summer, so it is significant given he's played a whole 6 games as a Laker.  Yes there is something to see here.

There are two types of team mates of LeBron.   The stars that want to leave and the sycophant hangers on.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I would have a hard time taking this point of view if I were a Laker fan

Yeah, I know we as Cs fans are miffed by the Chicago-centric comments regarding players and history, but it's not like the Lakers don't have an enormous history themselves. If I were an LAL fan, I would be like  ??? >:(

I don't necessarily think this means anything, but I would feel a little unenasy knowing just how much we gave up for the guy. Things seemingly need to go perfectly from here on out...and the season is VERY long. At this point in the season last year, we had Kyrie with the 'if you'll have me back' comments.

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I hope he resigns in LA and then languishes under James aging, stiff game with no other help on the team.

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
He's not going anywhere.  LA is where he wanted to be and now he's there.  He gave a diplomatic answer to a question he wishes but knows he can't avoid all season.  The national media had this game (back in his home town) circled to push another one of their hot takes.

It doesn't make sense.  There's been no drama.  It's early and they've lost just one game and seem to be playing well.  Just manufactured drama.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Guess he's never seen the banners in Boston? Lol

Anthony Davis entertained the idea of potentially playing for the Chicago Bulls during a Q&A with the boys and girls basketball team from his alma mater Perspectives Charter School.

"Honestly, it's nothing like playing at home. I don't know. ... I mean, I am a free agent next year, but we'll see. It's a possibility," responded Davis when asked whether he would come home and play for the Bulls.

Davis would later describe Chicago as the Mecca of basketball.

'We've got the best basketball players ever. You look at the history with all the guys we've got that made the league and even the guys that didn't make the league. They say New York, but it's not even close," said Davis.

Davis said that he was inspired by Derrick Rose, adding that Rose "kind of gave everyone hope in the city of Chicago for basketball players, and now that's why he gets so much of the love he gets now."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28009283/lakers-anthony-davis-again-teases-possibility-playing-hometown-bulls

More like the mecca of murder.