Author Topic: Suns beat the 76ers lol  (Read 7079 times)

Suns beat the 76ers lol
« on: November 05, 2019, 12:12:40 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Lets laugh at the 76ers

Re: Suns beat the 76ers lol
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 12:23:20 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I'm gonna save my laughter for when  the C's beat them.

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 12:49:46 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Yes they did without Embiid playing.  Did you make a similar post when the Suns beat the Clippers? 

The Suns are 5-2 with their 2 losses being 1 pt losses to the Jazz and Nuggets.  Perhaps the Suns are actually good.

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 01:58:09 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm gonna need somebody to write a detailed article explaining how the suns are suddenly a good team.

Was it bill simmons spending the whole summer razzing Devin Booker for not playing in fiba?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 02:15:07 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
I'm gonna need somebody to write a detailed article explaining how the suns are suddenly a good team.

Was it bill simmons spending the whole summer razzing Devin Booker for not playing in fiba?

No detailed article necessary

NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 02:26:15 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Ricky Rubio

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 02:44:56 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

#freebaynes
See what happens when the coach gives him free reins? He put up 20 last game (4 threes) and something like 16 this one. Would come in handy on the Cs

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 04:13:48 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

#freebaynes
See what happens when the coach gives him free reins? He put up 20 last game (4 threes) and something like 16 this one. Would come in handy on the Cs
One of the reasons why I was massively disappointed with Stevens last season. Playing Baynes ~18 MPG is underutilising an excellent big man who's a borderline elite rim protector with a great complementary, low usage offensive game.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 05:03:13 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

#freebaynes
One of the reasons why I was massively disappointed with Stevens last season. Playing Baynes ~18 MPG is underutilising an excellent big man who's a borderline elite rim protector with a great complementary, low usage offensive game.

Reason for that is playing both Horford and Baynes together made the Celts a very slow team.

I agree that the Celts should have kept Baynes, but Celts couldn't get Kemba if they didn't give up Baynes.

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 05:33:55 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

#freebaynes

Reason for that is playing both Horford and Baynes together made the Celts a very slow team.

I agree that the Celts should have kept Baynes, but Celts couldn't get Kemba if they didn't give up Baynes.
Postponing our 1st round pick and trading Baynes as a salary dump for Kemba was a no brainer.
I think that Baynes is a very good player and I think he could help us now.
I like his personality and straightforward demeanor.
His on floor contribution was positive, as far as I can remember we could defend Giannis only when he (and Al) was on the floor.
But I think this came down to the aforementioned cap issue and his (often forgotten) unavailability.
When was the last time he was healthy in playoffs?
Stevens preserved him, and it still wasn't enough to keep his health.
There was always something after 5 straight games.
Durability is the name of the game in his case and it often goes unmentioned.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 07:20:49 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I'm just glad Philly finally lost and Ben Simmons scored only 6 points (in 35 minutes) without Embiid even playing.  Simmons is a highly overrated NBA player and a punk.

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 07:26:12 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I'm just glad Philly finally lost and Ben Simmons scored only 6 points (in 35 minutes) without Embiid even playing.  Simmons is a highly overrated NBA player and a punk.

Simmons will never reach elite status if he can't improve his shooting outside the paint.

Sooner or later Philly will realize that they're better off playing Simmons as a 4.

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 08:13:07 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
But Simmons DID improve his outside shooting......

Didn't hit drain a DEEP three against that team from Guam in the preseason?

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2019, 09:36:23 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
He had 7 steals, 6 assists, and 5 rebounds.  That 7 steals is quite impressive (the highest single game since they kept that stat was Kendall Gill's 11 in 1999). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2019, 11:06:27 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
He had 7 steals, 6 assists, and 5 rebounds.  That 7 steals is quite impressive (the highest single game since they kept that stat was Kendall Gill's 11 in 1999).

Those are impressive but at some point the game is decided by the ball going through the basket. While Simons is a very good athlete with great length he's not a freak in either regard, and although that combination can get you far he's gonna need to add at least some shooting ability to really reach his top end potential. Right now he's an all star level guy, with an average jump shot he'd be an MVP candidate.