Author Topic: Rozier playing surprisingly well  (Read 7886 times)

Re: Rozier playing surprisingly well
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2019, 06:32:28 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I think he's playing about exactly as well as I thought he'd play.  I've watched him play a couple times so far.  Stats aside, my eyeball test has him playing somewhat similar to how he was in '18 playoffs.  He's not an all-star; he's a below-average but solid starter. 

I think Terry was dealt a crappy situation here and didn't handle it well at all.  But I can understand Terry, I like Terry, and I hope he continues to improve his game.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2019, 07:33:03 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Rozier has always been what he was since that playoff run: a solid to above average starter with some very special lead guard characteristics. Just because a two faced saboteur ****ed his rhythm up last season doesn't mean that he was a bad player. Btw pure plus minus is one of the worst impact metrics you can find, APM/RAPM/PIPM/BPM (the last one is a mix of both box and impact metrics) are much better alternatives. It's amusing to still see people flying in to take bullets intemded for Kyrie lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2019, 07:38:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Rozier has always been what he was since that playoff run: a solid to above average starter with some very special lead guard characteristics. Just because a two faced saboteur ****ed his rhythm up last season doesn't mean that he was a bad player. Btw pure plus minus is one of the worst impact metrics you can find, APM/RAPM/PIPM/BPM (the last one is a mix of both box and impact metrics) are much better alternatives. It's amusing to still see people flying in to take bullets intemded for Kyrie lol.
His BPM is still negative :)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2019, 07:48:55 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
On a small sample size :), Rozier will probably stabilise and improve in these metrics as time goes by.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2019, 07:50:28 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
On a small sample size :), Rozier will probably stabilise and improve in these metrics as time goes by.
I'd be surprised, mainly because I have no faith in Rozier to do anything "stable", and he's been a negative BPM guy for the majority of his career
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2019, 07:50:46 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Appreciate the thoughts friends, seems I didn’t dig deep enough into his advanced stats. Just saw the efficiency seemed a bit higher and crowning stats plus record looked good. Rozier was so bad last year and I had such high hopes for him going into the season. I wouldn’t be upset to see him a decent year and make the hornets a little less embarrassing.

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2019, 07:53:04 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I'd be surprised, mainly because I have no faith in Rozier to do anything "stable", and he's been a negative BPM guy for the majority of his career
I wouldn't be due to his playoff run with us, I still believe that it's more indicative of his quality than his RS performances with us.

Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2019, 01:32:37 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Rozier is playing good, but not for the price that  MJ paid for. Devonte Graham has been outplaying Rozier for only 1 million rookie contract. I wouldn't be surprised if he lose his starting spot to Graham at some point.

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2019, 01:35:53 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Rozier is playing good, but not for the price that  MJ paid for. Devonte Graham has been outplaying Rozier for only 1 million rookie contract. I wouldn't be surprised if he lose his starting spot to Graham at some point.

Rozier is a little overpaid, but the good news is Rozier's contract is only for 3 years, not 4 or 5.

So for a franchise like the Hornets, it was better than doing nothing after Kemba left.

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2019, 02:16:01 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
And a guy like Graham might get maxed with how crazy he's been playing. Charlotte has also been playing a lot of two guard lineups with success, so Graham and Rozier can coexist imo.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2019, 06:45:31 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
To put his great play in perspective, Terry still has below league average true shooting.
In the restricted area, he is 52,7% for his career, this year an even more somber 48%.

I wish him well though.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 06:57:32 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2019, 02:58:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Rozier is a little overpaid, but the good news is Rozier's contract is only for 3 years, not 4 or 5.

So for a franchise like the Hornets, it was better than doing nothing after Kemba left.
They should have done nothing.  They need to fully and truly rebuild.  They have been trying to make the playoffs for years, but never bothered to be anything more than mid-tier at best.  They haven't had a pick higher than 9 since 2013.  That was the last time they tried to bottom out as well, but as usual they botch almost every draft.  I mean their drafting history under Jordan is AWFUL.  Walker is really the only pick they made that ended up being ok (he was obviously better than ok).  It is really really bad, but they need to do that again and stop spending money on mid-tier at best players.  Even if they end up making the playoffs this year, it will still be a wasted season as they are no where near a contender. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2019, 03:09:34 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
IMO

Devonte Graham's better overall than Rozier. A better passer and point guard too.

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2019, 03:22:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
too much of a hotdog and not much of a team leader from my perspective when he was a Celtic .  I doubt he changed over night
Kyrie could not change his vises.

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2019, 04:35:25 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
too much of a hotdog and not much of a team leader from my perspective when he was a Celtic .  I doubt he changed over night
Kyrie could not change his vises.
irving may want to look at some of these.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vises&sxsrf=ACYBGNQCl10rS77f7N4uipwf8dcrHN_tOw:1573076090169&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiNn7yMxdblAhVRRK0KHeE1DoEQ_AUIFSgE&biw=1476&bih=1090
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva