Author Topic: Sacramento Kings as a trade Partner?  (Read 4913 times)

Sacramento Kings as a trade Partner?
« on: January 15, 2021, 11:50:15 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
If the Kings continue to lose(currently 12th place in the West),I wonder if they would be willing to part with either a wing or a big man for a player and/or future picks. I think the Celtics biggest need is at the PF/C position and it would be great to be able to add either Marvin Bagley or Richaun Holmes. Would Theis, plus one or two first round picks be enough?

Sacramento also has some depth at the SG and SF positions. Does the emergence of Haliburton now make Hield expendable? At the SF position they have Harrison Barnes, Glen Robinson III and Jabari Parker. I wonder if Barnes might also be attainable for the TPE plus one or two first rounders.

Some of you have mentioned wanting to trade
for Aaron Gordon or John Collins and I just don’t see that happening. Orlando is currently in 5th place in the East and Atlanta is in 7th. Why would they want to make Boston better? Those two guys are also top two players on their respective teams and it’s uncommon for players to be traded within the same conference. The Kings seem like they could be a viable trade partner.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 11:57:14 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Sacramento Kings as a trade Partner?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 11:56:13 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I don’t think the Cs really need any more bigs. If there is a player on Sacramento that the Cs could be interested in, I think it would be  Harrison Barnes.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 12:10:47 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
I don’t think the Cs really need any more bigs. If there is a player on Sacramento that the Cs could be interested in, I think it would be  Harrison Barnes.

I just think the Celtics bigs are very average and they are undersized as well. Thompson and Theis seem to have regressed from last year and Robert Williams is still raw, however, I feel like he does have upside. Also, all 3 of those guys are undersized at 6’8”. Seems Less than ideal.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 12:11:19 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'd love Bagley, but I think he would cost too much to acquire.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 12:13:02 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Agreed.   

C is not a need.   If a top level C was available (since their are so few of them), that might change it.   But these C are just more of the swappable big men that most teams are stuck using.

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 12:17:25 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson

I just think the Celtics bigs are very average and they are undersized as well. Thompson and Theis seem to have regressed from last year and Robert Williams is still raw, however, I feel like he does have upside. Also, all 3 of those guys are undersized at 6’8”. Seems Less than ideal.
So how does it make sense to trade for Bagley or Holmes though? They aren’t exactly high end big men either. Not sure if they are much of an upgrade really. Holmes seems like a decent rotation guy. Bagley seems like he’s regressed and trending towards bust. He could benefit from a change of scenery but not really impressed with his overall game.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 12:20:17 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
some of you have mentioned wanting to trade
for Aaron Gordon or John Collins and I just don’t see that happening. Orlando is currently in 5th place in the East and Atlanta is in 7th. Why would they want to make Boston better? Those two guys are also top two players on their respective teams and it’s uncommon for players to be traded within the same conference. The Kings seem like they could be a viable trade partner.
Heres my thoughts on those two teams.

Orlando lost Isaac and now Fultz for the year. They have no quality PG and just lost 3 straight. They are going no where this year. They should showcase Gordan and trade him this year and prepare next year when healthy

Atlanta  has Gallinari coming back from injury and might be a better fit at the 4. They also drafted Okongwu #6 overall as another PF. Plus Collins is due to be paid next year, and hawks may not want to with Trae's contract coming up year after.

I would love  Collins, Barnes, or Gordon on the celtics with TPE + whatever. (in that order)

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 12:32:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I would do this trade

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6cy84t8

To Kings:  Smart, Theis, Nesmith, Waters,  a protected 1st and 2nd
To Celtics:  Barnes, Whiteside and 2 fillers

Barnes is a player Danny has had an eye on since HS.   He has won a ring, plays good versatile D, good clean 3 point shot, doesn't need to launch shots,   plays within himself.   Probably the best complimentary piece you could find for Tatum/Brown/Walker championship pursuit

He is also signed up for the next 3 years.   

New lineup

TT
Tatum
Barnes
Brown
Walker

Timelord/Whiteside
Gwilliams/Semi
Langford
Teague
Pritchard

With the luxury of having one of the starters on the court at all times

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 12:38:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I would do this trade

Barnes is a player Danny has had an eye on since HS.   He has won a ring, plays good versatile D, good clean 3 point shot, doesn't need to launch shots,   plays within himself.   Probably the best complimentary piece you could find for Tatum/Brown/Walker championship pursuit

New lineup

TT
Tatum
Barnes
Brown
Walker

Timelord/Whiteside
Gwilliams/Semi
Langford
Teague
Pritchard

I like the idea of Barnes, but I would not give up Smart, and I don't think we would need to.

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 12:50:32 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

So how does it make sense to trade for Bagley or Holmes though? They aren’t exactly high end big men either. Not sure if they are much of an upgrade really. Holmes seems like a decent rotation guy. Bagley seems like he’s regressed and trending towards bust. He could benefit from a change of scenery but not really impressed with his overall game.

Bagley and Holmes are both bigger (6’11”), They can shoot the ball, and are significantly younger. They are putting up good numbers and have upside, which Thompson and Theis do not. I was expecting more from Thompson. He’s just not very good.

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 01:25:21 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Yet another trade two starters on a conference finalist team for a starter on a non-playoff team trade idea. Not sure how this is going to make us better. I do like Barnes though.

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2021, 01:27:38 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson

Bagley and Holmes are both bigger (6’11”), They can shoot the ball, and are significantly younger. They are putting up good numbers and have upside, which Thompson and Theis do not. I was expecting more from Thompson. He’s just not very good.
Just because they are younger doesn’t make them better. Both of the Sacramento guys are on par if not inferior to what we have. Neither really move the needle that much imo.

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2021, 01:54:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I would do this trade

New lineup

TT
Tatum
Barnes
Brown
Walker

Timelord/Whiteside
Gwilliams/Semi
Langford
Teague
Pritchard

I like the idea of Barnes, but I would not give up Smart, and I don't think we would need to.

You do, because of salary matching purpose

Not enough min/underutilizing if you kept both also

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2021, 02:11:06 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

Our biggest need is a PF.  Yes, we have bodies to put out there to play the positions of C and PF but no one is actually good.  I view center as fine enough with Thompson as the starter and RWilliams as the back up (plus don't forget about Tacko).

It is PF were we have the biggest problem.  Theis is trying to play that and will likely improve in the role some but he is probably not top 30 in PF ranking.  Then we have Ojeleye and GWilliams.

I don't see the Kings as the source of the solution to this.

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2021, 02:17:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Our biggest need is a PF.  Yes, we have bodies to put out there to play the positions of C and PF but no one is actually good.  I view center as fine enough with Thompson as the starter and RWilliams as the back up (plus don't forget about Tacko).

It is PF were we have the biggest problem.  Theis is trying to play that and will likely improve in the role some but he is probably not top 30 in PF ranking.  Then we have Ojeleye and GWilliams.

I don't see the Kings as the source of the solution to this.

Out of the east... I wouldn't really worry about not having a legit PF

Nets don't have one, though KD can be considered a stretch 4 (like Tatum).   Heat don't have one as Bam plays C most of the time. 

Giannis could be the biggest worry but I trust that guys like Semi and collective effort can slow him down.    Also there isn't many PFs in the league that can handle him anyways.   

In the west AD is a concern.  But like Bam, plays the 5 in crucial moments.   I like the Celts chances with Timelord shadowing him