Author Topic: Guys....I need somehelp with finding a couple of places in Boston  (Read 5811 times)

Offline cargomaniac

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • It is time for 18
My cousin and I are meeting in Boston later in the month. He lives in SFO and I am coming up from NJ. It has been sometime since I have been in the fine city of Boston. I need a couple of good recommendations for a place to grab a good meal and drink a few cold ones. A bonus to catch games on large TVs is nice but I am trying to stay with that local Boston Flavor...and ideas guys?

Re: Guys....I need somehelp with finding a couple of places in Boston
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 10:33:36 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
My cousin and I are meeting in Boston later in the month. He lives in SFO and I am coming up from NJ. It has been sometime since I have been in the fine city of Boston. I need a couple of good recommendations for a place to grab a good meal and drink a few cold ones. A bonus to catch games on large TVs is nice but I am trying to stay with that local Boston Flavor...and ideas guys?

SFO? Fanual hall or Landsdown street are loaded with bars and college age kids. The Harp and other places around the Garden are pretty good too. How old are you?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 10:38:09 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Really, you can't go wrong with just about any place in Boston.  Just about every bar there is college friendly.

Two places I used to like were Sunset Grill in Allston, and Boston Beer Works in Boston (on Canal Street).

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 10:43:51 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
For bars, you cant go wrong with the Rattlesnake.  And I know its not in Boston, but SI ranked, "The 4's" the best sports bar in the country. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 10:52:02 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
So you're 43... I'd go with the Harp or a place around Faneuil Hall.

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 10:57:17 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
For bars, you cant go wrong with the Rattlesnake.  And I know its not in Boston, but SI ranked, "The 4's" the best sports bar in the country. 

Thumbs up to both of those places, as well.

In terms of places around Faneuil Hall, there's Black Rose, Purple Shamrock, and Hong Kong, which all have pretty good crowds.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 11:01:31 AM »

Offline cargomaniac

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • It is time for 18
SFO = San Francisco.

I knew that you guys would come through. I am old but I am not dead. Cold beer, good food and a good game on the TV (and the odd college COED to look at...) in Boston...I am in heaven.

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 11:02:24 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
Too bad this wasn't a couple of years ago. You missed out on the Good Time Emporium  ;D

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 11:33:40 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923

What do you mean it's not in Boston? There is one in Boston by the Garden and one in Quincy, unless the Boston one moved since last year.

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 11:51:54 AM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 67

What do you mean it's not in Boston? There is one in Boston by the Garden and one in Quincy, unless the Boston one moved since last year.

The Fours is definitely still there on Canal St.  It's overrated.  I much prefer Boston Beer Works myself.  Better food, more room, more tv's...

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 11:55:04 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

My bad I was talking about the one in quincy.  I like that place. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 12:00:41 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
boston beer works is fine...but it is generally an older crowd and I think the OP mentioned he wanted some college coeds to look at, which you wont find at boston beer works.

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 12:03:05 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
I think the OP mentioned he wanted some college coeds to look at

He made no such mention. I think we all just assumed.  ;)

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 12:26:05 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I think the OP mentioned he wanted some college coeds to look at

He made no such mention. I think we all just assumed.  ;)

he did mention it in the thread, just his second post :

SFO = San Francisco.

I knew that you guys would come through. I am old but I am not dead. Cold beer, good food and a good game on the TV (and the odd college COED to look at...) in Boston...I am in heaven.

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 12:33:57 PM »

Offline stoyko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 77
Two of my favorites spots to catch a game are the Sports Depot in Allston (tons on TVs, great wings, and they have those pop a shot bball game) and Coolidge Corner Clubhouse in Brookline.
NJ Nyets.
A.Iguodala,Nene,A. Brooks, H. Warrick, ,C.Delfino,MoWilliams,Nick Collison,Reggie Williams, T. Douglas, E. Barron,Q. Ross,James Anderson, Jeff Pendergraph