Other Discussions > Other / General Sports

Greatest Sports Franchise in the World

(1/7) > >>

Ogaju:
opinions please. I am tired of hearing the talking heads on Fox/Espn continually refer to the Lakers as the greatest sport's franchise in the world. If I had to choose I probably choose a soccer team followed by a baseball team, followed by a football team then the Celtics.

ManU/Arsenal/Real Madrid

Yankees/Dodgers/Red Sox

Cowboys/Green Bay/Redskins.

Celtics/Lakers/Knicks

Sure my list is controversial..... what say you?

rocknrollforyoursoul:
No Patriots? :-\

nickagneta:
I would agree that a soccer franchise would be number 1 and also number 2. Probably Real Madrid and ManU. Then I think its the Yankees. Then probably the Celtics. The Cowboys would definitely be the top football franchise.

GreenEnvy:
I don’t know anything about soccer, but those are the three most popular teams so I assume they are all great.

I don’t see how any baseball team comes close to the Yankees. They are the greatest MLB franchise without question.

Football is more interesting, where you have the Cowboys, Packers, Steelers, and Patriots all qualified imo.

Basketball only has two options, Celtics and Lakers. And since 17 is more than 16, there you have it.

knuckleballer:
The most valuable according to Forbes.  As of 2016.

1. Dallas Cowboys, $4 billion
2. Real Madrid, $3.7 billion
3. FC Barcelona, $3.6 billion
4. New York Yankees, $3.4 billion
5. Manchester United, $3.3 billion
6. New England Patriots, $3.2 billion
7. New York Knicks, $3 billion
8. Washington Redskins, $2.9 billion
9. New York Giants, $2.8 billion
10. Los Angeles Lakers, $2.7 billion

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2016/07/13/dallas-cowboys-head-the-worlds-50-most-valuable-sports-teams-of-2016/#2a5a136f330a

The Red Sox came in at #18 at $2.3 billion.
The Celtics came in at #22 at $2.1 billion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version