Author Topic: What is your ideal and realistic team next season?  (Read 30048 times)

Re: What is your ideal and realistic team next season?
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2019, 07:48:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If Kyrie and Horford both opt out, could we sign a max free agent?

No. We would need to renounce everyone, and even then, we can only offer around 24-26 million. Not the full max for any 8 year vet.

Unless.... you trade for capspace?

Do you mean.... a trade exception?

Yes

But in general if Horford  and Irving leave

How do the Celts have so little money to work with?

Hayward is the only max deal. Smart makes only 13 million per season and the rest are mid level or on rookie deals

There is conflicting info as to how much money Celts could work with if Al and Irving arent brought back

Numerous users have mentioned why, and yet you continue to ignore or just rehash the same old questions over and over again...

So this my last time that I'm going to type this. Let's say Horford/Irving both leaves.

If Irving and Horford leave, then Boston’s guaranteed salaries for the seven remaining players would be $70 million. If Horford decides to stay and re-sign long term deal for like 17-24 million, we'll have around 86-90 million invested in cap space.

Gordon Hayward
Marcus Smart
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Aron Baynes (most likely opts into his $5.4)
Guerschon Yabusele
Robert Williams
That’s eight players, we need to fill up 5-6 more.

Boston always gives draftees the extra 15 percent to picks, and adding three draft picks to the mix (assuming they are all on next year’s roster) equals roughly in the general area of $8.4 million in guaranteed salary.

There is currently a $10 million cap hold for Marcus Morris and a $9.1 million cap hold for Terry Rozier.

TL;DR

We have $70 million in cap space if Horford/Kyrie leaves, but over $20 million in cap holds. We would need to renounce literally everyone to have $24-25 million available.

Ok a few things

- If Marcus Smart is not resigned
- Yabusele traded for trade exception

plus Irving, Horford do not return

how much money available for a free agent?

« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2019, 07:52:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

No. We would need to renounce everyone, and even then, we can only offer around 24-26 million. Not the full max for any 8 year vet.

Yes

Hayward is the only max deal. Smart makes only 13 million per season and the rest are mid level or on rookie deals

There is conflicting info as to how much money Celts could work with if Al and Irving arent brought back

Numerous users have mentioned why, and yet you continue to ignore or just rehash the same old questions over and over again...

So this my last time that I'm going to type this. Let's say Horford/Irving both leaves.

If Irving and Horford leave, then Boston’s guaranteed salaries for the seven remaining players would be $70 million. If Horford decides to stay and re-sign long term deal for like 17-24 million, we'll have around 86-90 million invested in cap space.

Gordon Hayward
Marcus Smart
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Guerschon Yabusele
Robert Williams

Boston always gives draftees the extra 15 percent to picks, and adding three draft picks to the mix (assuming they are all on next year’s roster) equals roughly in the general area of $8.4 million in guaranteed salary.

There is currently a $10 million cap hold for Marcus Morris and a $9.1 million cap hold for Terry Rozier.

TL;DR

We have $70 million in cap space if Horford/Kyrie leaves, but over $20 million in cap holds. We would need to renounce literally everyone to have $24-25 million available.

Felger and Mazz, not the smartest dudes... but Jimmy Stewart + Zo and Beattle I believe all stated that if Irving, Morris, Horford all don't return + Yabu and Semi traded for exceptions....

There should be enough room for a max FA ....

Are they incorrect?

« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2019, 10:11:24 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Keep Kyrie and trade Smart, Tatum, Robert Williams, the 14#pick and the Memphis pick for Davis

Use the MLE on a power forward with some muscle (we need to vastly improve our front-court)
JaMychal Green comes to mind. Someone who can spell Al off the bench and start on some nights.

Re-sign Marcus Morris for more depth.

Use the vet minimum on someone like Shelvin Mac (Butler connection with Brad) to be new back-up point.

Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Horford/Davis

Bench
-Green
-Morris
-Mac
-Baynes
-Theis
-Ojeleye
-draft pick #20
-draft pick # 22
-Yabusele
-Wannamaker

Maybe Wannamaker also take on a bigger role next year, now that dingleberry Rozier will be gone (hopefully)

What happens to CBS?

He'll be back, hopefully with a new coaching staff. This site posted that Brad interviewed JB Bickerstaff for an assistant position.
https://www.celticsblog.com/2019/5/16/18627938/brad-stevens-interested-in-hiring-former-grizzlies-head-coach-j-b-bickerstaff-to-coaching-staff

I'm not sure JB is what's needed. What's the aversion to having a former player on the staff?

Perk has expressed his interest in such a role
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/kendrick-perkins-would-absolutely-consider-celtics-assistant-coach-role

Personally I would love both Perk and Bickerstaff on the coaching staff. I feel sans Brad the entire coaching staff needs to be revamped.

« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2019, 10:45:41 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yes

Gordon Hayward
Marcus Smart
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Guerschon Yabusele
Robert Williams

TL;DR

Ok a few things

Well??

« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2019, 11:01:37 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Mine works on a few assumptions but none that I think are unrealistic.

1. The Pels think Tatum is the best prospect available to them and they are high on the Mem pick.

2. There is a third team that is willing to take a flier on Gordon Hayward for a protected 1st and expiring contracts.

The Celtics trade Tatum and 4 first rounders to the Pelicans, Hayward to a third team. The Pelicans receive Tatum and the 4 Bos firsts, along with matching expiring salaries and another protected first from the third team and send AD and E'Twaun Moore to Boston.

Rozier walks. Re-sign Baynes and Morris. Sign a veteran, defense-first PG for the bench.

Next year's starting lineup is Kyrie, Smart, Brown, Horford, Davis. Moore and Morris are scorers off the bench. Baynes, Semi, Timelord, and Vet PG round out the rotation.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2019, 11:25:10 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Yes

Gordon Hayward
Marcus Smart
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Guerschon Yabusele
Robert Williams

TL;DR

Ok a few things

Well??

From Spotrac:
CAP TYPE   CAP TOTAL
Active Roster Cap   $125,326,738
Earned Money   $85,458
Dead Money   $92,857
Cap Holds   $5,089,285
Total Cap Allocations   $125,505,053
2018 NBA Salary Cap Max   $101,869,000
Cap Max Space   $-23,636,053
Practical Cap Space   $-23,636,053

As of right now we’re about $23-24 million over the cap space. If Irving leaves, it simply just puts it right back above the threshold where we’re still over.  So, let’s say Horford leaves, so we’re at around $71 million not including cap holds/draft picks.
Well let’s assume Smart gets traded to a team that can absorb his contract.
Our current cap holds if players are indeed given the Q/O to become our RFA’s.
$ 1.8 – Daniel Theis
$1.8 – Johnathan Gibson
$1.8 – Wanamaker
$10  - Morris (I could be wrong on this, I think it’s $5-7 million, but realGM has it at $10)
$9 – Rozier
$8-9 million for 3 draft picks.
$1.7 Jabari Bird (Cannot waive.)
$1.4 Shane Larkin (Cannot waive.)
Semi Ojeleye has $1.6 for non-guaranteed contract and can be swept off the books immediately.

So let’s assume, we trade Smart for literally nothing and receive future draft picks + TPE.
If we clear Horford, Irving, all free agents renounced, let go of Morris/Rozier’s cap hold/waive Ojeleye. We could have in the neighborhood of around $30 million. We cannot waive Bird/Larkin since they were waived last year, and didn't count against last years cap, and thus they will count against our books this year. We can offer the starting max for 7-9 year vet or 6 years or less, but it would still require a lot of moving parts.

But I ask you this triboy16f, let go of your biased hatred for Irving. If we literally lose everyone, who do you think would even want to come here? Durant? Kawhi? Klay? I don’t see anyone even looking at us, because we would be strictly re-building. Kyrie may or may not have sucked this year, but he is certainly key in bringing top players over here.

No one wants to play with Tatum/Brown/Smart. Great young core, but championship contender? Probably not.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2019, 01:56:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yes

Gordon Hayward
Marcus Smart
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Guerschon Yabusele
Robert Williams

TL;DR

Ok a few things

Well??

From Spotrac:
CAP TYPE   CAP TOTAL
Earned Money   $85,458
Dead Money   $92,857
Cap Holds   $5,089,285

As of right now we’re about $23-24 million over the cap space. If Irving leaves, it simply just puts it right back above the threshold where we’re still over.  So, let’s say Horford leaves, so we’re at around $71 million not including cap holds/draft picks.
$ 1.8 – Daniel Theis
$1.8 – Johnathan Gibson
$1.8 – Wanamaker
$10  - Morris (I could be wrong on this, I think it’s $5-7 million, but realGM has it at $10)
$9 – Rozier
Semi Ojeleye has $1.6 for non-guaranteed contract and can be swept off the books immediately.

So let’s assume, we trade Smart for literally nothing and receive future draft picks + TPE.
If we clear Horford, Irving, all free agents renounced, let go of Morris/Rozier’s cap hold/waive Ojeleye. We could have in the neighborhood of around $30 million. We cannot waive Bird/Larkin since they were waived last year, and didn't count against last years cap, and thus they will count against our books this year. We can offer the starting max for 7-9 year vet or 6 years or less, but it would still require a lot of moving parts.

But I ask you this triboy16f, let go of your biased hatred for Irving. If we literally lose everyone, who do you think would even want to come here? Durant? Kawhi? Klay? I don’t see anyone even looking at us, because we would be strictly re-building. Kyrie may or may not have sucked this year, but he is certainly key in bringing top players over here.

No one wants to play with Tatum/Brown/Smart. Great young core, but championship contender? Probably not.

I asked a simple question but you are diverting like 22-24 million will only be available... and nothing you can do about this

Could you just answer below

- Draft pick or picks traded for a future 1st
- no Theis
- no gibson
-No wannamker

I just want to know that keeping Smart, Brown, Tatum, Rozier (10 million per lets say), Hayward... forget about ths rest non essentials

Can the team manuver ...and sign a player for max

« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2019, 02:04:02 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Yes

Gordon Hayward
Marcus Smart
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Guerschon Yabusele
Robert Williams

TL;DR

Ok a few things

Well??

From Spotrac:
CAP TYPE   CAP TOTAL
Earned Money   $85,458
Dead Money   $92,857
Cap Holds   $5,089,285

$ 1.8 – Daniel Theis
$1.8 – Johnathan Gibson
$1.8 – Wanamaker
$9 – Rozier

I asked a simple question but you are diverting like 22-24 million will only be available... and nothing you can do about this

Could you just answer below

- Draft pick or picks traded for a future 1st
- no Theis
- no gibson
-No wannamker

I just want to know that keeping Smart, Brown, Tatum, Rozier (10 million per lets say), Hayward... forget about ths rest non essentials

Can the team manuver ...and sign a player for max

Last time I answer this.

We can offer upwards of around 30 to 32 million if everything fell into place like you said.

Wait you didn't put Rozier in the original question...

If we resign Rozier we will not have enough cap space to offer a max.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 02:18:40 PM by Monkhouse »

« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2019, 03:16:28 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Ok here we go...

3 team deal with NOP and CLE
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5matouh

BOS Receives: Davis, Thompson

NOP Receives: Tatum, Smith, Nance Jr., #14 2019, #22 2019, MEM 2020, BOS 2020

CLE Receives: Hayward

Re-sign Kyrie to a 5 year max. Horford opts out and is re-signed for 3 years 60mil. Baynes opt out to go to another team. Morris, Rozier, Wannamaker, Theis and Gibson are all let go. Bring up Dozier on a 4 year rookie contract. Keep RJ Hunter as a 2-way player.

Draft Cameron Johnson or Nassir Little at #20, Shamorie Ponds at #53.

Sign Isaiah Thomas and Jared Dudley to veteran minimums, and Danny Green to the MLE.

Irving/Smart/Brown/Horford/Davis
Thomas/Green/Dudley/Ojeleye/Thompson
Ponds/Dozier/Johnson or Little/Yabusele/Williams

« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2019, 03:23:04 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Ok here we go...

Re-sign Kyrie to a 5 year max. Horford opts out and is re-signed for 3 years 60mil. Baynes opt out to go to another team. Morris, Rozier, Wannamaker, Theis and Gibson are all let go. Bring up Dozier on a 4 year rookie contract. Keep RJ Hunter as a 2-way player.

Sign Isaiah Thomas and Jared Dudley to veteran minimums, and Danny Green to the MLE.

Think Baynes is gonna opt in, and Nassir Little at 20 would make me ooze with joy. I like that team though.

« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2019, 03:45:24 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Ok here we go...

Nice trade.

« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2019, 04:26:30 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Ok here we go...

Aren't you using 2018- 2019 salaries?

« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2019, 09:19:28 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Title says it all. Keep it somewhat logical and post the trade.

What have you got?

Me its
Hayward, tatum, yabusele, semi, williams, mem pick, lac pic, boston 2020 pick for Davis, hill, moore

Pels run for playoffs (jrue, hayward, tatum, zion, randle)

Next sign and trade rozier to knicks for frank.
(Nyk reportedly interested in getting terry)

Lastly resign Kyrie, Morris. Sign Beverly to MLE and Carter to LLE.

Irving/beverly/wannamker
Smart/moore/frank
Brown/carter/hill
Horford/morris/pick 14
Davis/baynes/pick 24

By deadline shop frank/hill/moore(all expirings) for whatever is missing from the team

Ok I’m finally no longer upset and have a clear vision on what team I want.

Pg: Kyrie Irving/ Terry Rozier
Sg: Marcus Smart / Jaylen Brown
SF: Gordon Hayward/ Semi OJelye
PF: Al Horford/ Robert Williams 3/ Daniel Theis
C: Anthony Davis/ Aron Baynes

I don’t care what Terry say he is an asset. Once he signs this contract he can earn his way onto another team by performing how he should. There will be enough time to let Kyrie rest until the trade deadline. He has all the way up to the trade deadline to earn himself valuable on a team who needs a PG. I’ll even consider him to be the starting PG and let Kyrie be starting SG until the trade deadline.

Gordon Hayward is a keeper because his stock is extremely low. He’s a good smart player and he will become extremely valuable if we remain loyal and his contract goes up and we are looking for a hometown discount. He will be the cheapest bonus player ever.

Tatum is gone with all of our draft picks for Davis. If they need Smart or anything other than Jaylen then I’m ok with getting that deal done to get Davis. 

Only thing I’m iffy on is getting Morris back. He maybe too expensive and he’s also extremely ball dominate. Eliminating him can increase Terry usage in order to increase his trade value. Although I’m 💯 not against bringing him back, but I’d rather give the Keys to brown and Rozier and hopefully they are ready to dominate off the bench for a while.

« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2019, 09:21:22 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

What have you got?

Me its
Hayward, tatum, yabusele, semi, williams, mem pick, lac pic, boston 2020 pick for Davis, hill, moore

Irving/beverly/wannamker
Smart/moore/frank
Brown/carter/hill
Horford/morris/pick 14
Davis/baynes/pick 24

By deadline shop frank/hill/moore(all expirings) for whatever is missing from the team

I don’t care what Terry say he is an asset. Once he signs this contract he can earn his way onto another team by performing how he should. There will be enough time to let Kyrie rest until the trade deadline. He has all the way up to the trade deadline to earn himself valuable on a team who needs a PG. I’ll even consider him to be the starting PG and let Kyrie be starting SG until the trade deadline.

Gordon Hayward is a keeper because his stock is extremely low. He’s a good smart player and he will become extremely valuable if we remain loyal and his contract goes up and we are looking for a hometown discount. He will be the cheapest bonus player ever.

Tatum is gone with all of our draft picks for Davis. If they need Smart or anything other than Jaylen then I’m ok with getting that deal done to get Davis. 

Only thing I’m iffy on is getting Morris back. He maybe too expensive and he’s also extremely ball dominate. Eliminating him can increase Terry usage in order to increase his trade value. Although I’m 💯 not against bringing him back, but I’d rather give the Keys to brown and Rozier and hopefully they are ready to dominate off the bench for a while.

I’m hoping Kyrie takes that 5th year offer seriously and that will make him commit to us instead of anywhere else.

« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2019, 09:36:23 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84

What have you got?

Me its

Irving/beverly/wannamker
Smart/moore/frank
Brown/carter/hill
Horford/morris/pick 14
Davis/baynes/pick 24

that team would be more miserable than this year