Author Topic: What's with this slump?  (Read 15306 times)

Re: What's with this slump?
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2020, 08:29:47 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Everybody has their thoughts about whether this year is better than last. To me it started so much better; that made the fall over the past ten games much harder to watch. Also, I don’t see them playing good, connected team basketball. Way too much one on one, and Tatum’s attitude especially seems to be questionable - I saw him yelling at teammates a few times last night, and pouting when he didn’t get the ball. It’s not a good look. How they got here - and more importantly, where they go from here - I don’t know.

« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2020, 12:03:57 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
To be fair, it’s been a harder schedule.

We played great the first part of the year (ironically, most without Hayward), but it might’ve just coincided with an easier sched with more rest days. Now the games are coming faster and the opponents are getting tougher (?).

Now in mid-season, I think C’s are regressing to the mean. Every team suffers bad losses during the season but in the end, I still think we’ll end the season as the 3rd seed. We’re a Kemba-return away from starting another win streak and we’ll see posts talking again about how we have a “death lineup” soon enough
- LilRip

« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2020, 04:20:17 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
What i see as one of our biggest problems is bad shooting. We get a lot of good, wide open shots which we simply miss. On the other hand the opponents make not only these same shots, but ones that are more difficult as well. There is your difference, 3 or 4 threepoint shots going in or not.