Author Topic: Celtics (10-1) at Kings (4-7) Game #12 11/17/19  (Read 25963 times)

Re: Celtics (10-1) at Kings (4-7) Game #12 11/17/19
« Reply #225 on: November 17, 2019, 09:38:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Can't win it all

But one thing I don't like is the two man rotation of Theis and Kanter

especially Kanter is a black hole on defense

Much prefer Robert Williams and Grant Williams

if anything Kanter should be playing 5 mins per game and then on occasion playing a larger role against certain matchups
Kanter had a good game. He was not the problem.

The problem was they didn't play defense in the first quarter, again. They got off to a bad offensive start, again. They got hurt by giving up a bunch of offensive rebounds, again. And we had a guy shoot about 6 shots too many when it was obvious, at around shot number 10, that he couldn't hit water if he was standing in a boat, again.

But, they did bounce back from the slow start, were in it even though they shot poorly, and had a chance to win it on the last possession while playing on the road.

Not thrilled, but not upset. They will lose some games they shouldn't and win some games they shouldn't. It happens.

« Reply #226 on: November 17, 2019, 10:17:26 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Missed the game, so Jaylen played well but didn't touch the ball again in the fourth? Stevens needs to utilise him better.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #227 on: November 17, 2019, 11:25:19 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Can't win it all

if anything Kanter should be playing 5 mins per game and then on occasion playing a larger role against certain matchups

The problem was they didn't play defense in the first quarter, again. They got off to a bad offensive start, again. They got hurt by giving up a bunch of offensive rebounds, again. And we had a guy shoot about 6 shots too many when it was obvious, at around shot number 10, that he couldn't hit water if he was standing in a boat, again.

But, they did bounce back from the slow start, were in it even though they shot poorly, and had a chance to win it on the last possession while playing on the road.

Not thrilled, but not upset. They will lose some games they shouldn't and win some games they shouldn't. It happens.

Kanter got eaten alive by Bogdon during key plays in the third and fourth. There were several moments when the Celtics were ready to extend the lead to 10 or 12, but couldn't get a stop because of Kanter.

« Reply #228 on: November 17, 2019, 11:45:44 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Anyone know why Grant did not play?.

He has been our one lucky charm in the streak.. Maybe the reason why we lost😢

Plus Kemba did not have a single three when he always makes atleast one during the streak.

« Reply #229 on: November 18, 2019, 01:38:41 AM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Love Smart but he missed a transition layup (which I believe led to a SAC trey) that would have extended the lead we just took. Then when he grabbed Kemba’s miss I thought he should have kicked it out considering there were two defenders right there to contest that putback.

Still could have been the hero but I have no idea how that shot managed to fall out.

Tough game but we were due for one. Hard seeing us lose to a Fox- and Bagley-less Kings team but Hield was excellent tonight.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #230 on: November 18, 2019, 02:43:49 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Can't win it all

Kanter got eaten alive by Bogdon during key plays in the third and fourth. There were several moments when the Celtics were ready to extend the lead to 10 or 12, but couldn't get a stop because of Kanter.

Here's every play where the Kings scored in the vicinity of Kanter in the 2nd half.

Provides proper help D to stop Bogdanović, nobody picks up his man.  If he didn't help Edwards is getting scored on.

Plays good D on Giles, while Wanamaker loses Bjelica.

Again helps on Bogdanović, nobody picks up his man.

Provides good help D. Prevents both Ferrell and Bjelica from scoring, while nobody picks up his man.  Listen to Scal even say how Kanter's contesting shots and nobody is helping him out.

Bogdanović hits a 20 footer on Kanter on the switch.

Kanter stops Holmes.  Bjelica gets the offensive rebound overpowing Smart and gets fouled, hitting 1 of 2 FTs.

Kanter steps up to challenge Bogdanović after Brown gets beat, forcing the miss.  Kanter's man (Holmes) gets the board and scores.

I only see one play where Kanter was scored on (the 20 foot jumper).  All the rest seems like Kanter was out there giving good effort and providing help D.  I don't think Kanter was at all to blame.  Thought G. Williams might have helped prevent some of the Kings offensive boards if he was out there with Kanter.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 10:33:21 AM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2019, 03:39:38 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Missed the game live, didn't realize it was a matinee game. Might not be a bad loss to have, bring them back down to earth a bit. It's a long season and a hard slog and if you take nights off on defense you're not going to win. The fact that they were in a position to steal it (like they were at GS) despite playing bad is a positive at least.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #232 on: November 18, 2019, 05:55:02 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Another game where Wannamaker would not pass to Edwards.

Anyone know why Grant did not play?.

He has been our one lucky charm in the streak.

Because Semi got in and played very well better than Grant has all season yesterday.

« Reply #233 on: November 18, 2019, 06:13:00 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Can't win it all

Here's every play where the Kings scored in the vicinity of Kanter in the 2nd half.

Provides proper help D to stop Bogdanović, nobody picks up his man.  If he didn't help Edwards is getting scored on.

Plays good D on Giles, while Wanamaker loses Bjelica.

Again helps on Bogdanović, nobody picks up his man.

Provides good help D. Prevents both Ferrell and Bjelica from scoring, while nobody picks up his man.  Listen to Scal even say how Kanter's contesting shots and nobody is helping him out.

Bogdanović hits a 20 footer on Kanter on the switch.

Kanter stops Holmes.  Bjelica scores on the offensive rebound overpowing Smart.

Kanter steps up to challenge Bogdanović after Brown gets beat, forcing the miss.  Kanter's man (Holmes) gets the board and scores.

I only see one play where Kanter was scored on (the 20 foot jumper).  All the rest seems like Kanter was out there giving good effort and providing help D.  I don't think Kanter was at all to blame.  Thought the C's could have used some more size.  Thought G. Williams might have helped prevent some of the Kings offensive boards if he was out there with Kanter.
TP for the clips. Whew Wanamaker's defense is worse than the sieve I use for my noodles :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2019, 12:32:09 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
"NBA fines Hield $25K for kicking ball into stands..."