Author Topic: Gordo looking good  (Read 16153 times)

Re: Gordo looking good
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2021, 08:30:22 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
He never really belonged here anyways. We are about winning titles,  not first-round exits. His view on the game is fundamentally different than the Celtics organization.

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2021, 08:56:46 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 I’m thrilled for him. He’s sensational from a fundamental tasks standpoint. I was so tired of hearing people in Boston say that even healthy he wasn’t an all star level player. Like he’s just better than average average player and a poor defender too. Both false. Dude is a stud snd he still not quite the athlete he was pre Injury. Good for him showing what he can do and just playing hoop how he knows it. People moving the ball and moving themselves. It’s a good fit for him. I don’t think he should be criticized for leaving. He can't trust what role Stevens would have him in hand to fans , year to year. He knows how fragile a career can be. I don’t hold it against then that he wants to play his prime years he has left more freely and with more responsibility.

« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2021, 08:58:32 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
He never really belonged here anyways. We are about winning titles,  not first-round exits. His view on the game is fundamentally different than the Celtics organization.

Hayward has come closer to winning a title than any other guy on our team other than Kemba.

What a foolish comment.

« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2021, 09:11:21 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
He really did sacrifice a lot when he was here, obviously his first year was lost to injury and the second he was crowded out of a team full of players trying to get theirs, but those two years he was on the floor, including the 3rd when he was getting close to his best, he willingly took a back seat to his younger teammates and gave the ball up when it was determined his role was to be a distributor instead of a finisher and was a loyal teammate. It's pretty selfless, really, which is a rare trait in an All-Star caliber player.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2021, 09:17:45 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Great for Gordon Hayward. It is an amazing comeback story. If only the young Cs had been more patient. Kudos to MJ for making that move on Hayward.

« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2021, 12:30:36 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Wonder where old friend IDreamHayward is now
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2021, 12:57:50 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Wonder where old friend IDreamHayward is now

Likely bathing in a deep pool of regret and remorse.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2021, 01:33:44 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Hayward has come closer to winning a title than any other guy on our team other than Kemba.

What a foolish comment.

Huh? I seem to remember Tatum and Brown leading us to the ECF twice, with Hayward being a nonfactor in both series.

Maybe you're referring to college? Which is irrelevant. This is the NBA. He chose a path of losing. Cute teams don't win here. Great teams do. Lots of Celtic hall of farmers played a good chunk of their careers on the bench and are legends now.

We were two games away from the Finals last year. He could have signed his player option to finally get a shot at a title here, but he bailed. Sorry, but I don't respect that.

« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2021, 10:40:09 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Gordon seems to me to be on a similar trajectory as when he was with the Celtics.  He is the primary option now so getting more opportunities but he is still very much up and down from game to game.

This season, his total points per game are:  28, 12, 28, 11, 14, 20, 18, 44, 26, 13, 34; up and down.  To me, those are not all star numbers, not, "best player on a playoff team" numbers, and not $30m per year numbers.  Still, 22.5 ppg on 16.6 shots per game in 34.8 minutes is very good and very efficient. 

I looked back on 2016-17 (his last and best with Utah), definitely more consistency or at least more runs of good games strung together with still some down games mixed in.  Overall, about 22 pts on 16 shots.

I think we are seeing exactly what Gordon Hayward is post injury and really has always been.  He probably would have continued to trend up at a much higher rate without the injury.  He might have become a "star", he was headed in that direction.  This will never be known.

Yeah, his efficiency is currently in the 50/40/90 plus category. Not sure anyone averaging over 20 ppg is in the category.

He is a very good fit for the Hornets. He is there best player this year, and it's not close.  They are best player on a playoff team numbers, if the Hornets keep winning.  But probably not enough to make all star team. He'd probably have to increase his scoring average to 25 plus, but he is too unselfish to ramp it up IMO.

Khris Middleton.

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2021, 10:42:58 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

What a foolish comment.

I’d argue Kemba has been less close than many other key players on our team. Kemba did nothing playoff wise until last year with the Cs so both comments are actually pretty foolish.

« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2021, 10:45:19 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

What a foolish comment.

I’d argue Kemba has been less close than many other key players on our team. Kemba did nothing playoff wise until last year with the Cs so both comments are actually pretty foolish.

I took it as a reference to NCAA titles.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2021, 10:58:48 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

What a foolish comment.

I took it as a reference to NCAA titles.

In that case, fair.

« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2021, 04:26:37 AM »

Offline fmbl24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18
Edit

« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2021, 09:03:10 AM »

Online ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
He's off to a great start and they still 9th in the East.
ok fine