Author Topic: Heat (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Round 1 Game #5 5/1/24  (Read 12719 times)

Re: Heat (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Round 1 Game #5 5/1/24
« Reply #540 on: May 01, 2024, 11:03:06 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1612
JT at podium now
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #541 on: May 01, 2024, 11:05:15 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 706
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Let’s have the rest of the series still going in the east be 7 gamers

« Reply #542 on: May 01, 2024, 11:09:14 PM »

• Bill Sharman

and 7 OT's each game.  ;)  their legs would be rubber
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #543 on: May 01, 2024, 11:18:36 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1035

There’s a decent chance all three series go 7. If Giannis (and Dame?) returns, that game is up for grabs.

Orlando and Philly are going home, so it wouldn’t be too shocking to see them hold serve. Obviously Orlando prolonging that series is in our best interest, but the other series starting later probably spread out our second round games even more.

I think we have to prepare to win the next round without KP, but if the ECF doesn’t start until 5/21, we can possibly see him return for that series.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #544 on: May 01, 2024, 11:27:26 PM »

• Bill Sharman
yeah i do not expect KP back until ECF starts.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #545 on: May 01, 2024, 11:28:32 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 606
I hope orlando can extend the series to 7.  Need to give zinger as much time as possible.

Orlando or Cleveland.  I think both teams are even in terms of talent.  Boston in 6
I think this team currently can handle either teams. But we will definitely need Zinger in later rounds.

« Reply #546 on: May 01, 2024, 11:46:24 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

There’s a decent chance all three series go 7. If Giannis (and Dame?) returns, that game is up for grabs.

Orlando and Philly are going home, so it wouldn’t be too shocking to see them hold serve. Obviously Orlando prolonging that series is in our best interest, but the other series starting later probably spread out our second round games even more.

I think we have to prepare to win the next round without KP, but if the ECF doesn’t start until 5/21, we can possibly see him return for that series.

I'd prefer if Indiana just knocks out Milwaukee tomorrow and not give either Dame or Giannis more time to come back. The other two can go 7.

« Reply #547 on: May 01, 2024, 11:56:37 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2425

I'd prefer if Indiana just knocks out Milwaukee tomorrow and not give either Dame or Giannis more time to come back. The other two can go 7.

Yeah me too.

I am not worried about MIL if Porzingis is healthy but if Porzingis were slow to recover and we ended up in the ECF against Milwaukee without him ... I don't want to face Milwaukee (with Dame & Giannis).

Give me Indiana. All day, every day.

Edit: I think Indiana are the weakest of the remaining teams.

« Reply #548 on: May 02, 2024, 12:36:24 AM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1401
Got to think this is the end for the Butler era Heat. Their plan was to have Dame force his way there and when that didn't work, they went for Holliday. Brad going all in on Holliday was huge.

Can't believe them not wanting to give up Herro was the holdup to that deal. I feel like Herro's lost some value playing as a starter this series, other than Game 2 he just didn't cut it.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #549 on: May 02, 2024, 12:56:27 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991
How are we going to afford D White?

Luckily that’s 2025’s problem.

« Reply #550 on: May 02, 2024, 01:13:01 AM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1035
Got to think this is the end for the Butler era Heat. Their plan was to have Dame force his way there and when that didn't work, they went for Holliday. Brad going all in on Holliday was huge.

Can't believe them not wanting to give up Herro was the holdup to that deal. I feel like Herro's lost some value playing as a starter this series, other than Game 2 he just didn't cut it.

I thought it was Portland that didn’t want Herro? Honestly if Milwaukee gets bounced they may look to shake things up even more than the Heat, again.

Giannis is starting to wear, Middleton and Lopez are getting up there. Dame isn’t young either. They have been falling in the standings the last few years and this will be a second straight season without getting out of the first round. Things certainly don’t seem to be trending in the right direction. Other teams in the East are clearly ascending around/past them.

Not sure where Miami can go with that roster and I think other GM’s are finally keen on Riley’s dirty tactics. To add a solid piece to Butler/Bam would likely gut the already terrible depth they have. Phoenix already proved what three pseudo-stars (KD is not elite anymore) and no bench will get you.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #551 on: May 02, 2024, 01:45:17 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 546
I was at the game. A very satisfying experience compared to my last Celtics Heat contest - Game 7 last spring. Really enjoyed the send-off the crowd gave Miami tonight. Personally I was hoping for a 50 point blowout and Joe leaving the starters in till the end, but it turned out great just the same.

D. White just keeps turning it on. I hope they can keep him here long term. If he wants to test the market a year from now, he's gonna get paid.

The Heat shot 3 for 29 from 3 - what's that - 11%?  The one game they won had them shooting over 50% and we didn't bother to guard them. We guarded them tonight and they sucked.

My one takeaway was that Kornet was terrific. Adabayo seemed to have no problem scoring on Al. But I don't think he scored one time on Kornet. I certainly can't remember him doing it. Luke's not exactly known for his defense, but Adabayo was a non-factor when Kornet guarded him.

We are going to miss him if/when he signs elsewhere for next season. I hope he gets a decent amount of minutes in the next series. We always play well with him on the court. We'll need Porzingis for either Milwaukee or whoever comes out of the West (should we make the Finals) but we'll be fine with Luke for the next round anyway.

« Reply #552 on: May 02, 2024, 03:23:37 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
Miami Heat fans out in full force tonight "Celtics be pumping they chest beating a depleted Heat squad. We would've creamed y'all's if Butler and Rozier weren't injured"

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #553 on: May 02, 2024, 07:06:44 AM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 375
last years team would've lost a game like last night. the celtics biggest enemy the last few years has been "complacency" and not taking their opponent seriously.

so to me it was an important step for them in a closeout game to come out and just destroy any hope of the team coming back.

hopefully this is the mentality they keep through the playoffs. you are better off destroying teams and winning the series convincingly than letting your foot off the gas hoping to win and ending up in 6-7 game series you shouldn't need to be in

« Reply #554 on: May 02, 2024, 07:27:24 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 559
last years team would've lost a game like last night. the celtics biggest enemy the last few years has been "complacency" and not taking their opponent seriously.

so to me it was an important step for them in a closeout game to come out and just destroy any hope of the team coming back.

hopefully this is the mentality they keep through the playoffs. you are better off destroying teams and winning the series convincingly than letting your foot off the gas hoping to win and ending up in 6-7 game series you shouldn't need to be in
Wow.  Who'da thunk that it is better to win a series in fewer games.  I think there is improved mentality but this year's team is just a lot better, a lot more talented than last year's team which makes it a lot easier to dominate teams.  Of course it also helps if your opponent is missing their best player.