Author Topic: David West to Spurs  (Read 11154 times)

David West to Spurs
« on: July 06, 2015, 04:27:35 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
saw it on the summer league , they are going to be scary good

Vet min deal

Re: David West to Spurs
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 04:29:46 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
David Aldridge @daldridgetnt
The deal with West is for the league veteran minimum, per source.

David Aldridge @daldridgetnt
Free agent forward David West has agreed to terms with the Spurs, per league sources.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 04:30:37 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Honestly, I don't like this at all. I mean, I like when players take some discounts to put the team above themselves, but what the Spurs have done this off-season is bordering the ridiculous.

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 04:32:35 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
wow, Popovich has so many weapons to play with next season. I legit see them winning it all next season. With the departure of Jordan, I see them smashing the Clippers if they meet in the first round again. I don't think Dallas or Houston poses a threat to them as well. Memphis won't pose a threat to them in my opinion. That leaves GSW

that'll be an interesting series

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 04:33:04 PM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
Ugh...this one hurts me a lot.  I love the spurs and happy for them, but if D West came to the celts when he was supposed, I think we win another ring in 2012, and I think a lot of other things would have gone our way.  Namely CP3 might be wearing green also.  Oh well.  Hopefully he and the spurs can get a ring together.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 04:33:20 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Honestly, I don't like this at all. I mean, I like when players take some discounts to put the team above themselves, but what the Spurs have done this off-season is bordering the ridiculous.

Yeah, it'll be interesting the perception the Spurs get. When players do this to play with Lebron, they're bashed as "ring chasers".
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 04:36:15 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
The players union cant be happy with West right now. He's not that old.

Always like this guy though. He clearly wants to win really bad. Maybe he's made some great investments but its rare for any human being to wilingly take a pay cut like that.

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 04:36:36 PM »

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
wow, Popovich has so many weapons to play with next season. I legit see them winning it all next season. With the departure of Jordan, I see them smashing the Clippers if they meet in the first round again. I don't think Dallas or Houston poses a threat to them as well. Memphis won't pose a threat to them in my opinion. That leaves GSW

that'll be an interesting series

Okc?

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 04:37:30 PM »

Offline chancevill

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 1
it be interesting to see them match up against the younger more athletic teams in the west.

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 04:37:44 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
 :o
what a roster

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 04:38:14 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Can't wait for the Spurs/Cavs Finals.  Should be one of the all time epic series if all the key members are healthy.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 04:39:05 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

How crazy would it be if the Spurs were running some kind of deferred payment scheme like the Broncos were in the late 90s?

Thats just the hater in me though. Gotta give the Spurs credit for what theyve built there.

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 04:40:43 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Can't wait for the Spurs/Cavs Finals.  Should be one of the all time epic series if all the key members are healthy.

Kinda jumping the gun, no? Spurs gotta get past GSW & OKC first. Cavs gotta get by BOS!!!  8)
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 04:41:32 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
That is so great. Best news of the day.
This gives me the hope that the Cavs might not win next season.

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 04:41:51 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Yeah, it'll be interesting the perception the Spurs get. When players do this to play with Lebron, they're bashed as "ring chasers".

The Spurs are such a well run organization - it's insane that they've never really gotten this much attention in free agency before. Honestly, I'm happy for them - it's about time the spotlight is on them. As for D.West, I have nothing but respect for him. He was right to call out Larry Bird and Indy for throwing Roy Hibbert under the bus and basically saying the team was moving on from him while he was still on the team. David saw that, realized Indy weren't contending anytime soon and took a significant paycut to join a contender. He's not getting any younger.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman