Author Topic: Rumor: Orlando Magic interested in Terry Rozier  (Read 2525 times)

Rumor: Orlando Magic interested in Terry Rozier
« on: July 07, 2018, 01:18:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Its swirling around....

Magic was also interested in Rozier for Ibaka potential trade the last time. 

I believe the rumors the Magic are interested in signing Isaiah Thomas but only as a plan "b".  So team is not in a rush to make this move. 

Getting back to topic...  if Magic want Rozier it would be for Bamba.  Celts can add something extra ....  there would be nothing else from their roster/picks that I would want.

Re: Rumor: Orlando Magic interested in Terry Rozier
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 01:27:26 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Its swirling around....

I believe the rumors the Magic are interested in signing Isaiah Thomas but only as a plan "b".  So team is not in a rush to make this move. 

Getting back to topic...  if Magic want Rozier it would be for Bamba.  Celts can add something extra ....  there would be nothing else from their roster/picks that I would want.

Going out there on a limb.... I highly doubt that the Magic will trade Mo Bamba for Terry Rozier. Just a hunch.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 01:27:37 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
I like Rozier but there is no way Orlando trades Bamba for him just after investing a high lottery pick on Mo.

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 01:29:04 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Its swirling around....

They aren't trading Bamba lol. They "might" offer up Isaac or Gordon but would guess they have little else we want. I'd keep Rozier until Kyrie signs on the dotted line..

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 01:33:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Its swirling around....

They aren't trading Bamba lol. They "might" offer up Isaac or Gordon but would guess they have little else we want. I'd keep Rozier until Kyrie signs on the dotted line..

Isaac for Rozier....havent thought about this before

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 01:36:31 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
So where's the source?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 01:37:35 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Its swirling around....

Neither has Orlando.

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 01:37:52 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Orlando doesn't really have anything that Boston could use that Orlando would be willing or able to trade. They just don't seem like good trade partners. 

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 01:47:07 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Its swirling around....

Someone proposed that a couple months back...not me.  At the time I thought it sounded good but now I feel like it's risky...

An obvious throw in for Bamba would be Robert Williams.   But the Celtics better be sure Bamba will be better than Williams or it would look mighty foolish later..

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 01:55:59 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Its swirling around....

They just signed Gordon to a huge extension.  The Celtics can’t afford him with Rozier, and the Magic can’t trade Gordon until Jan 15th.

I can’t see Danny making a trade for anyone other Isaac or Bamba.  Future picks is silly, and the Magic have nothing else that makes sense from a production or salary standpoint.

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 02:14:42 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I was totally pounding the drum for a Rozier-Isaac trade in the weeks leading up to the draft. Of course this was only because I was worried (and still am) about the Cs losing Rozier next offseason.

Orlando seems like the perfect team to make a deal with, but not sure they want to deal a chance a franchise player for Rozier.

What about a trade of Rozier and Nader for Isaac? Too much, too little? This would allow the Magic to build around Gordon and whatever big they get in this draft along with Rozier and Fournier. We would get two additional years of rookie scale contract in a versatile big in Isaac.

I would be into a Rozier for Bamba trade, but wouldn’t throw in the Sac or Mem picks. I honestly don’t want to give up Rozier at all, but our salary is about to explode and there really isn’t much choice unless we trade Irving.

Unless the Cs are sure they can bring Rozier back at a reasonable price, it is something Danny should seriously consider (if on the table). Two additional years of rookie contract and Isaac could really develop under Stevens with his ability to switch on to almost anybody as well as hit the 3.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 02:22:55 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 02:30:49 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
There are no sources... The only guy who claims t ro is being pursued by Orlando also said the Celtics have rozier off limits in trade talks https://twitter.com/legionhoopsross/status/1014858474034028544?s=21