Author Topic: Golden State/Minnesota trade rumor  (Read 2508 times)

Golden State/Minnesota trade rumor
« on: June 08, 2010, 09:57:14 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
There have been reports  that Golden State is talking with Minnesota about moving up in the draft. A trade which would include Anthony Randolph and Kevin Love has also been in the rumor mill.

ESPN Insider Link

I guess the think is that the Warriors want to take the best player available but think at number 6 the BPA would probably be a shooting guard or small forward, something that they have a glut of on their roster.

So maybe a trade where Golden State sends Anthony Randolph, Anthony Morrow(S&T) and the #6 to Minnesota for Kevin Love and the #4 makes some sense?

Golden State could take Cousins at #4 before Sacramento nabs him and have a starting lineup of Cousins/Love/Azubuike/Ellis/Curry

Sacramento would then probably take Greg Monroe as the are desperate for big men.

And, Minnesota still gets to get their guy Wesley Johnson but lower in the round, paying him less while ridding themselves of the Love/Jefferson dilemma and adding excellent young talent in Randolph and Morrow. A young running team with Jefferson/Randolph/Johnson/Morrow/Flynn and Brewer/Gomes/Ellington/Seesions and a couple of young bigs makes their growth potential interesting to say the least, though ultimately, they are still a very bad team.

Re: Golden State/Minnesota trade rumor
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 11:47:43 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I read on RealGM a week or so ago that the rumor was Randolph + #6 for the #4.  If that's the case, it's a steal for Minnesota, I think.

On the other hand, if I'm Minnesota I don't want to sacrifice Love (the best player) and the #4 (the best pick) for Randolph, Morrow, and the #6.

(Also, isn't Morrow a free agent?  I thought he was, but I could be mistaken.  If so, he can't be traded until July 1, making any trade too dangerous to pull off.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 01:33:53 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Well, I certainly think Randolph could fit much, much better with Big Al than Kevin Love does, but as Roy pointed out if Kevin Love is involved in the trade, it seems too risky for Minnesota since there's no guarantee Randolph will ever be as good as Kevin Love is now (though personally I think they'll both improve a lot).
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 02:00:27 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I really don't understand the trade for either. Big Al is not a center, and Anthony Randolph isn't skilled enough to play small forward. The trade would be a wash, perhaps with Golden state getting an edge. I still contend that Minnesota should have drafted OJ Mayo, but I guess that is beside the point.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 02:22:25 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
I really don't understand the trade for either. Big Al is not a center, and Anthony Randolph isn't skilled enough to play small forward. The trade would be a wash, perhaps with Golden state getting an edge. I still contend that Minnesota should have drafted OJ Mayo, but I guess that is beside the point.

LOL...  I agree with your thinking.  Two teams that nobody cares about that keep spinning themselves in circles.  Everyone wants to figure out a way to become Oklahoma City, the anomaly of the NBA that isn't full of veterans.  Minnesota might as well move to the D-League - talk about a DUMB franchise that has no idea where they are going...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 02:37:08 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

LOL...  I agree with your thinking.  Two teams that nobody cares about that keep spinning themselves in circles.  Everyone wants to figure out a way to become Oklahoma City, the anomaly of the NBA that isn't full of veterans.  Minnesota might as well move to the D-League - talk about a DUMB franchise that has no idea where they are going...

Right, but I think they're following the Hawks plan of picking up everyone at the same position out of some fear of drafting for need?  They've overloaded at PG and PF...no balance.  

Perhaps they're "acquiring talent" for an eventual blockbuster trade?  If I were them, I'd be trying to work an Al Jefferson for a S&T max Joe Johnson deal, even if JJ isn't quite a max worthy player...  Hey, that'd be two teams that overpay to get him.  Hmm...  Anyway, they need that main perimeter threat, and I don't think that they're going to get that guy in free agency.  Who wants to go to Minnesota in the winter?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 02:51:43 PM by More Banners »