Author Topic: New Topic re the Knicks and Nate  (Read 5157 times)

Re: New Topic re the Knicks and Nate
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 06:01:54 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Ruh-roh.

BTW, I'm guessing (hoping?) that this interest in Robinson is classic Ainge misdirection. You'll notice that now there are reports of the Lakers being interested, where that wasn't the case less than 24 hours ago.

Not true.  It was about a month ago that I heard LA was interested in Robinson, back when we first heard Danny might be after Robinson.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 06:05:12 PM »

Online perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
robinson & Bender for House & Giddens? Does that work?

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 06:11:03 PM »

Offline ajgoodman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • 'Cause there ain't no fours!

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 06:20:18 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
Buellj814: Since we have this massive logjam of a problem that this trade doesn't work and therefore my whole post is rendered moot, let's do some Rocket science to try and see what possible options we come up with to make it work, shall we?

Let's see, instead of trading:
Ray / Eddie / Walker and Shelden, let's try
Ray / Eddie / GIDDENS and Shelden

for Curry, Lee, Chandler and Robinson...

Hang on...I'm checking on the trade site to see if it works.

hang on...holy crap Batman, by consulting with Nasa and the CIA and then switching Walker out for Giddens...it looks like we have a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable!!!

Contrary to popular belif, it appears that NBA teams are able to mix and match in order to facilitate a deal.

By the way MattG12, it was kind of cute how you defended Buellj814, are you his girlfriend?

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 06:27:10 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 74
Buellj814: Since we have this massive logjam of a problem that this trade doesn't work and therefore my whole post is rendered moot, let's do some Rocket science to try and see what possible options we come up with to make it work, shall we?

hang on...holy crap Batman, by consulting with Nasa and the CIA and then switching Walker out for Giddens...it looks like we have a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable!!!

Contrary to popular belif, it appears that NBA teams are able to mix and match in order to facilitate a deal.

By the way MattG12, it was kind of cute how you defended Buellj814, are you his girlfriend?

congrats u figured something out.. you should be proud.. Now why dont u try making a trade that makes some basketball sense!

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 06:29:52 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

Unbelievable!!!

Are you serious dude?

Your trades don't work. They make no sense and are not possible. I wasn't defending Buellj. I was telling him to let it go because you obviously weren't going to listen. Don't call other posters out. There is no reason for that.

1. There is no way of us signing Joe Johnson or Dwyane Wade in the offseason. That is why I said that is not possible. We will still be over the salary cap even with Ray Allen coming off the books. Don't you understand that?
2. The Knicks don't take Ray and junk and give us Lee and Curry and Chandler and Robinson. THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. STOP WASTING YOUR TIME.

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 06:34:34 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
wonder if he's the one who called in and suggested the ray for d wade trade last night?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 06:51:42 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
There is about "zero" sense of humor on thsi board sometimes. Alot of anger and pessimism but not much sense of humor.

Whatever, no big deal...

Rather than once again simply insulting my trade idea, why don't YOU tell me all the reasons why it's such a bad trade.

Meanwhile, to answer your question, to me that trade actually makes alot of sense for both teams to be honest. I would do that trade in a heartbeat if I were either GM, wouldn't even hesitate, assuming Ray would be bought out if I'm Boston.

Why?

For Boston:

1. We have KG, Pierce, Ray Allen right now. We are either winning in the next two years or rebuilding.

2. Chandler is a good back up for Pierce, David Lee would be a great infusion of youthful energy on our boards which is exactly what we need.

3. Nate can play back up point and if he's a head case he's gone this year anyway.

4. Curry is an after thought, I'm after Lee and Chandler to back up Pierce and KG so they can A) help get them rested for our playoff run this year by playing major minutes for the next 1-2 mths and B) Be a bridge as KG and Pierce wind down next year and the one after. I'd look to resign Lee for 2 years(three total) so he comes off the books with KG.

5. Curry comes off at the end of next season along with Pierce. How much cash is that!? Gives you huge possible trade options for another rebuilding piece next year.

Perkins / Rasheed / Baby
KG / Lee / Scal
Pierce / Chandler
Ray / Marquis / Walker
Rondo / Nate

We win NOW

Why for New York?

1. They arent winning ANYTHING AS CURRENTLY CONSTRUCTED. They need to make bold moves and have stated they want to be able to sign TWO max contracts this off season.

2. Their obvious target will be LeBron

3. They get him they get Bosh or Stoudemire

4. It's a gamble but it's also no secret LeBron likes New York...

5. Added bonus of trading us especially David Lee? If we get healthy...we are very likely to knock off Cleveland, which would be good for NY's cause

6. Even if New York doesn't land Bosh and Bron because they created two max contract spaces, they could go after Joe Joshnosn, Wade, Stoudemire. SOME kind of anchor for the team. That is bette than what they are doing now.

7. They already have a top flight coach. Donnie Walsh strikes meas a guy who is an all in type of guy. He's not playing aroudn and he;s going for big fish.

8. The smart play for him would be to jump start his rebuilding plan by nailing two huge free agents this summer.

9. If he pulls off LeBron and Bosh or Stoudemire?

Free agent center with mid level
Bosh or Amare / Shelden
LeBron / Harrington
Danillo / House
Duhon / Vet min point

You are a couple of small moves away from fighting for the title for the next 6-8 years.

That would be my play. I'd go all in and put myself "in position" to goafter that, just like West did when he secured Shaq after gutting his team when he had no guarantee he would ever in fact even get Shaq.

It's a good trade for Boston as well. And if Walsh pulls that off( getting LeBron and Bosh in one off season) he will go down as legendary, having transformed NY from dormat to title contender in 2-3 years.

Those are my arguments. You cna reply or simply throw another insult out. No big deal.  

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 06:55:38 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 74
ok how bout this... this is the basically the same post that started the thread.

oh btw.. if the knicks trade jeffries in the next day.. they dont need to clear curry in order so sign two max guys.. so that means they can keep chandler and lee and still sign their guys..

One of the many reasons this trade wouldnt happen

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 06:59:11 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
How about this.  Everyone drop it.  This thread is going no where.  I have put the pad lock on the front door.