Author Topic: Perk should be traded this off-season  (Read 13462 times)

Re: Perk should be traded this off-season
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2010, 11:39:48 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Money and contract stuff aside, I dont understand how some of you can just assume that Perkins will not fit into this teams system in the future, when we havent even changed our current system yet.  We havent even started adding new players that would suggest thats the direction we're going.

Yes, Rondo might flourish in an uptempo offense, but he's also flourished in a half court system like we've had here.  So how can some of you just dismiss Perkins based on an assumption you have about what MIGHT be going through Danny Ainges head. 
Greg

I Have The Solution - Trade With Timberwolves
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2010, 11:53:18 PM »

Offline Bastone

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Celtics should definitely look to sell Perk while his value is high for all the reasons previously listed.  The following deal works and makes sense on many levels.  Here is the NBA Trademachine link: 

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ykoz5gh

Boston sends:  Kendrick Perkins
               Glen Davis
               Brian Scalabrine

Minnesota sends:  Al Jefferson

T-wolves get the Center they have been searching for and are able to move Love to Power Forward permanently (natural position) and also add depth at PF and Center position with Big Baby.  Boston will move Rasheed to starting Center and have Big Al play significant minutes at both PF and Center.

What do you guys think.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:13:39 AM by Bastone »

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2010, 11:58:20 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Money and contract stuff aside, I dont understand how some of you can just assume that Perkins will not fit into this teams system in the future, when we havent even changed our current system yet.  We havent even started adding new players that would suggest thats the direction we're going.

Yes, Rondo might flourish in an uptempo offense, but he's also flourished in a half court system like we've had here.  So how can some of you just dismiss Perkins based on an assumption you have about what MIGHT be going through Danny Ainges head. 

He flourished in a half court offense with 3 HOF players. Look I know Perk is a great low post defender , but he is not an elite Center. I am not saying give him away for a bag of balls, but if you can do a deal and get a legit prospect back or a borderline allstar who's still in his prime in a salary dump I think you have to do it.

We aren't going to be contenders next year so if you can get a good player that can take over for Ray,PP or KG I think it makes all the sense in the world to trade Perk.

I just think Rondo would be great in an uptempo game and Perk doesn't play that way and without 3 HOF or borderline all stars playing with Rondo and Perk in a half court offense they will really struggle.

Just look at how the offense has played over the past month with a gimpy KG and aging PP and Ray. Expect a lot more of that in the next to years if you don't explore the option of trading Perk when his value will be at an all time high for a player who can get up and down the court with Rondo.

Re: I Have The Solution - Trade With Timberwolves
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 12:01:40 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Celtics should definitely look to sell Perk while his value is high for all the reasons previously listed.  The following deal works and makes sense on many levels.  Here is the NBA Trademachine link: 

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ykoz5gh

Boston sends:  Kendrick Perkins
               Glen Davis
               Brian Scalabrine

Minnesota sends:  Al Jefferson

T-wolves get the Center they have been searching for and are able to move Love to Power Forward permanently (natural position) and also add depth at PF and Center position with Big Baby.  Boston will move Rasheed to starting Center and have Big All play significant minutes at both PF and Center.

What do you guys think.

That's exactly the kind of thing I would be looking to do TODAY.  Maybe it isn't the right player, but if he can bring that level of talent back, and packaged with an expiring like Scal and TA he could be, I would gladly start the "Kendrick Perkins Appreciation Thread" to wish him well on his way...

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2010, 12:41:42 AM »

Offline pumpfake

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
keep perk

he's improved every year. so it makes no sense to assume he's reached his potential. he's going to continue to grow as a low post option. he's a nightmare for those long athletic light weight centers.

you say the way the league is going is toward long athletic centers, but that's only because most teams can't find a brute like Perk to fill up the paint. don't take him for granted.

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2010, 01:25:06 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
It would take something HUGE for me to agree to letting Perk go ... two seasons ago I would have booted him for next-to-nothing, but he has become a great Center with one of the highest Field-Goal percentages in the NBA. That said, I would absolutely LOVE to get Big Al back, and I've been hoping for that since he left ... I have a feeling that someday AJ will be a Celtic again.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *