Author Topic: KG and LeBron at the Line  (Read 8007 times)

KG and LeBron at the Line
« on: April 04, 2010, 05:07:24 PM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
Anyone peep the by-play between KG and LeBron at the line late in the 4th?  It extended over the last 2 minutes and encompassed about 4 FTs for each player.

With about a minute left in the game and the Cs down one, KG got fouled and went to the line.  LeBron tried to "Gilbert Arenas" him, talking some type of trash before KG's first shot.  It was on after that. 

KG drained the first one and let LeBron hear it, with LeBron jawing right back.  KG drains the second and it continues.

Next possession LeBron gets fouled, the jawing continues.  LeBron misses the first, and you can see KG letting him have it and then going back and forth.

A couple possessions later, repeat for LeBron missing the first and making the second.

Finally, with 2 seconds left KG makes the fouls to ice the game as the jawing continues.

People on this site don't always agree on whether trash talk is good or not, but I absolutely LOVED those exchanges.  I love it when the best clash, and it was even better that our guy was draining his while LeBron missed two big FTs in a close game.  That was a fun ending to what had previously been a nightmarish 4th quarter.

Re: KG and LeBron at the Line
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 05:15:20 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
That's why I LOVE the KG trash talking. He seems to get better when he is yapping. It seems to produce better results than when he is having psychological battles with himself.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 05:16:48 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
that is what we need more of IMO

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 05:19:02 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I love the trash talk that our team dishes out...and I don't care what others think of it. I've seen a lot of adjectives used around here to describe that particular aspect of KG's game....but I couldn't care less. Some people flex their biceps and dance...KG talks trash. Love him or hate him...he helped us win banner 17 and for that I'll forever be grateful to him.

This is the KG I know and have always known...I wouldn't want him to change one bit:
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 05:23:07 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
they got under LBJ's skin today big time. i thought the defense on him for the first 3 quarters was great...i wished they would have sent 4 guys at him in the 4th...you knew it was going to be all LBJ in the 4th. too many easy drive to the bucket for him..

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 05:36:47 PM »

Offline jv2764

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 27
they got under LBJ's skin today big time. i thought the defense on him for the first 3 quarters was great...i wished they would have sent 4 guys at him in the 4th...you knew it was going to be all LBJ in the 4th. too many easy drive to the bucket for him..
Under his skin?  He went off for 32 in the 2nd half.  Celts playes scared in the 4th Qtr

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 05:37:50 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I am worried by the fact that the Cavs were missing their second best player. We wouldn't have had such a huge cushion if AV was out there on defense, and we needed every inch of it.

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 05:42:36 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2409
I am worried by the fact that the Cavs were missing their second best player. We wouldn't have had such a huge cushion if AV was out there on defense, and we needed every inch of it.
Boston would have lost if Varejao was healthy.

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 05:49:36 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Trash talking is just one more reason that I don't love the NBA as much as I used to. There is way too much of it. I really wish the league would crack down on it because it adds nothing to the game.

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 05:54:21 PM »

Offline jv2764

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 27
Trash talking is just one more reason that I don't love the NBA as much as I used to. There is way too much of it. I really wish the league would crack down on it because it adds nothing to the game.
I agree.  Thats why you got to love how Ray Allen celebrates his late 3.  All class. 

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 05:57:51 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

Trash talking has been an integral part of the league since its inception. In fact, there was way MORE trash talking in the past than there is today. Larry and Magic talked trash. Sam Jones used to talk trash to Wilt. During the 1990's, Reggie Miller's Pacers and Pat Reilly's Knicks talked loads of trash -- more than that, actually -- they physically fought. If you're upset by today's over-sanitized, David-Stern-enforced PC culture I guess that's fine -- but don't harken back to the past and pine for the old days, because in the old days, Kermit Washington punched the hell out of Rudy Tomjanovich and the Knicks instituted "the Jordan Rules".  
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 06:02:55 PM by Rondo_is_better »
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 06:03:06 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

Trash talking has been an integral part of the league since its birth. In fact, there was way MORE trash talking in the past than there is today. Larry and Magic talked trash. Sam Jones used to talk trash to Wilt. During the 1990's, Reggie Miller's Pacers and Pat Reilly's Knicks talked loads of trash -- more than that, actually -- they physically fought. If you're upset by today's over-sanitized, David-Stern-enforced PC culture I guess that's fine -- but don't harken back to the past and pine for the old days, because in the old days, Kermit Washington punched the hell out of Rudy Tomjanovich and the Knicks instituted "the Jordan Rules".   

Co-sign.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 06:28:38 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
There's few things worse than a team or individual who talks a ton of trash and can't back it up - and that has been this year's team in a nutshell.

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 06:32:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Trash talking has been an integral part of the league since its birth. In fact, there was way MORE trash talking in the past than there is today. Larry and Magic talked trash. Sam Jones used to talk trash to Wilt. During the 1990's, Reggie Miller's Pacers and Pat Reilly's Knicks talked loads of trash -- more than that, actually -- they physically fought. If you're upset by today's over-sanitized, David-Stern-enforced PC culture I guess that's fine -- but don't harken back to the past and pine for the old days, because in the old days, Kermit Washington punched the hell out of Rudy Tomjanovich and the Knicks instituted "the Jordan Rules".  

Co-sign.

You left out the best of them all:  McHale's clothes line on Rambis.  Which, by the way, was nothing more than a personal foul.

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 06:38:44 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Is that why LeBron came into the Celtics huddle during a timeout? I feel that the majority of the other players in the league get a technical for that.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19